main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyp Durron: Hero or Villain

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Muke_Skywalker, Oct 13, 2001.

?

Kyp Durron: Hero or Villain

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Hero!

33.0%
  2. Villain!

33.9%
  3. Anti-Hero!

20.2%
  4. None of the above!

4.6%
  5. Other (explain)

8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    I respect Kyp, but I don't see him as either a hero or a villian. I mean, he hasn't done anything heroic. He's done more harm than good, but the kid is trying hard to be a Jedi and do what he feels is right for the New Republic and the galaxy.

2. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Kyp's the man, baby !

3. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Oh yeah, I voted hero, of course. :D

4. _admiral_kettch_

_admiral_kettch_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    Haven't caught up in here yet, but I will when I have the time, so I apologize if I'm repeating anything. I'd just like to point out a quote from the summary at the start of SBS:

"The mission was successful...but Jaina learned, too late, that what they had destroyed was not a weapon but a worldship in the making--one filled with civilians and intended for Yuuzhan Vong young."

So now you have Kyp directly killing YV civilians. There's no doubt left to me that he's a villain now.

5. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Hero

6. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    yes he did kill civilians.. but they were vong civilians... that may not be the jedi way but to me it is definetly heroic.

any way a soldier can hurt the enemy is good. any way to cut their legs out should be taken. kyp does that. i think that makes him more of a questionable jedi than a villain.

personally i would call him a hero for his pro-active efforts.

7. Maverick15

Maverick15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    What is a hero or villain anyway? Name almost any "hero" in history and I can name something atrocious that he/she commited. Both of these terms are ludicrous,.. that you could attribute them to someone. First I beleive that a humans basic nature is evil as evidenced by people throughout history(Hitler, etc.). Second no humans actions are ever altruistic but are to benefit his/hers preservation of self. Third, take any human out of our their primary environment and they quickly become animals able to do any barbaric thing they deem appropriate like slaughter millions.
    On to other things ......
    I don't like these anologies from Star Wars to "real" life. in real life I would adamantly speak out against the bombing of civillians(Afghanistan)while in the NJO I couldn't care less if they used YV "civilian's" heads as doorstops. Oh and how are they YV civillians? Give me a break guys, are you practicing for stand-up comedy?
    And you might think Kyp's actions are pivotal in the NJO, but if they aren't Luke's are positively crap. People shouldn't complain that Kyp is being villainous. Kyp is a trained jedi master and he could just blast jets for Endor and leave Luke to do everything. Essentially since Kyp actions are more easily seen he is helping hide Luke's mediocrity at helping the galaxy. You should be grateful that Kyp is blowin up some Vong while Luke gets jiggy with his wife(SbS). So because I think Kyp is cool, and out of some arbitrary whim, I say Kyp is a hero!

8. Darth_Inferno

Darth_Inferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2001
    As they say in the Marine Corps "Once a marine, always a marine"

Same goes with kyp, once a villian always a villian

But he's more of a villian with good intentions, just not going about it the right way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.