main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyp Durron, love him or hate him, but in this forum he's good for debating

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Knight1192, Oct 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    "It's just a bunch of disgruntled Luke fans with a sick ant-Kyp bias."

Except it's not like that at all, considering that I don't feel Luke is right either and I'm vehemently anti-Kyp. But some of you Kyp fans seem to be too close minded to comprehend that someone can see at least some of the merits in SEVERAL different viewpoints. Seems to me that someone has an anti-LUKE bias, if anything Muke.

JMA

2. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Vergere, you are fully correct to criticize Muke for calling you a hypocrite if he calls you that. But I'm just saying that these forums are heated enough without having people insult each other for poor spelling. We don't need to add that into the mix. Plus a whole ton of people out there, educated people, can't spell worth a darn. I'm not saying you were wrong for criticizing the spelling error, but in terms of politeness it was unnecessary. Still, you don't hear Muke complaining about what you said, so lets just leave this little side discussion.

Jae Angel

3. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    My spelling is awful. I generally type up posts beforehand in Word and let it spellcheck them.

4. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Narundi-

While I myself try not to criticize spelling errors, I think Vergere can certainly be forgiven it in this instance. All of us who are anti-Kyp are constantly being called hypocrites for one reason or another, or people are claiming we have some sort of bias against him or whatever. It's frustrating when people immediately disregard and slander your opinion simply because you do not agree with their own. While I'm not saying this is a problem that ALL Kyp supporters have, it certainly seems to come out most clearly in that group of posters. 9 times out of 10 we anti-Kyp folk are the soul of politeness, and most of the time the Kyp supporters are too. But in light of people like Muke_Skywalker and Durron001, and the comments they make attacking anti-Kyp people, I don't feel Vergere's correction of the spelling error was impolite in the least.

JMA

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Sigh. The one Kyp thread where everyone can agree on something cocerning Kyp and we're ending up in yet another Kyp debate. Wonder if I should ask one of the admins to close this thread down.

6. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I just know that I in general choose to ignore spelling errors even if I am annoyed at the person who made the error for slandering me or whatnot. I'd rather comment on what they said. I for one didn't really pick up on the error until Vergere pointed it out. I guess I just feel this way because one of my best friends in the entire world is exactly like some of you, she's logical, level-headed, and she doesn't lose her cool in an arguement, but she can't spell to save her life. Some people like my mom, for instance, feel that a lack of ability to spell makes you a stupid person. I know this not to be true from what I see with my friend. So, out of respect for my best friend, who is the calming "Luke Skywalker" to my "Kyp Durron" during heated discussions, I refuse to ever correct someone on their spelling, especially not in a sarcastic manner if I don't happen to like them for something they've said. But that's just me ;) I just wanted to say where I was coming from.

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.