main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyp finding a woman? WILL IT EVER HAPPEN?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by NarundiJedi, Oct 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey guys, I was just wondering what your thoughts were on Kyp ever finding that one special someone to share the rest of his life with. If you think there could possibly be a woman for Kyp, what do you think she would look like, be like, act like, etc. If you think this is a bunch of bull and that Kyp will forever remain a bachelor, please state so too. I mean, on one hand he's in his 30's and he's got time against him, but look at Luke and Mara. They got married in their early forties!

I personally see Kyp as one of those swinger types that goes from club to club and picks up chicks for one-night stands. Not to say he couldn't change, but right now he's probably like that.

Jae Angel

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    He'll stay a bachelor up until his impending death. :) And he won't develop any relationship with Jaina either.

3. Durron001

Durron001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2001
    Yeah I don't think Kyp is the type to settle down. If he ever did find a girl she would have to be wilder than he is. He probably swings into the clubs gets all the girls to drool, and leaves with one of them of his choosing. Then again I think Kyp would try to keep celibate as well because it would weaken him to have to depend on other people.

4. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    Personnaly, I don't give a **** about Kyp's love life. I have plenty to worry about with my own :) j/k. Seriously, it's never going to be in books, unless it's Jaina (which is being discussed in 20 other threads), and he doesn't seem the type to go around romancing women any way. He's too violent.

5. Durron001

Durron001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2001
    I f people wonder about Jaina's predicament how can this be any worse.

6. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    If Kyp gets a woman, she'll probably be a weak thing who won't put up any fight at all.

7. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    I don't think anyone this side of Leona Tavira would have an interest in Kyp.

8. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    He's bound to score after combing through enough area high schools.

9. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    haha!!! I'm gonna have to agree with the person who said Kyp's woman would have to be wilder than he is. She would truely have to be a piece of work. She'd probably be sarcastic, equally as powerful as he is or more (I'm assuming that Kyp probably wouldn't fit well with someone who's not a jedi in the first place), not afraid to kick his butt if he deserved it, and she'd probably be the kind to insult him liberally, give his ego a couple of jabs. If she was hot too I'm sure it wouldn't hurt ;) I'm sure that Kyp would allow her to insult him all she wanted if she was hot :D

Jae Angel

PS- I don't think any of this will happen in NJO. Provided that Kyp SURVIVES NJO, then some new characters might be introduced, such as a woman for Kyp, in later books. But I do agree with whoever said they're not going to do it unless it's Jaina in the NJO. God forbid!!!! I sure hope she doesn't become more than his apprentice. . . :(

10. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    As the saying goes, there's someone for everyone. But Kyp getting a woman shouldn't become part of the storyline. Maybe he should develop feelings for someone who comes and goes sort of like Gariel did with Luke at first but I don't see Kyp getting a woman.

11. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, maybe a Callista thing could happen to Kyp. Nah!!!! The only way that Kyp will ever get a woman is if Kevin J Anderson writes that book, cuz then Kyp won't be such a jerk.

Jae Angel

12. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    We're looking at this all the wrong way. It would add the most interesting dynamic to the NJO if Kyp were to hook up with Jacen. They'd complement each other perfectly.

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

13. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Mastadge, I like the way you think ;)

Jae Angel

PS- Isn't Jacen Solo a woman anyway? ::ducks behind a barrier of autographed Kyp photos and Kyp action figures::

14. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    Where does this idea of kyp being some physcotic short-tempered freak come from? He's been pretty calm throughout the njo, his only outburst being the beginning of conquest.

I sure hope he gets someone, since I model my own life after his...

15. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Okay, here's what we do: we dress 3PO up in drag and send him Kyp's way. Durron's so full of himself he wouldn't notice. :D

16. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Well suncrusher, I intend to write a fanfic where Kyp gets a woman, so if the writers never pair him off with anybody you can just ask me for a copy once I get off my lazy butt and start writing it!! (It's all up in my head, darnit!)

Jae Angel

17. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Suncrusher-

So you go undermining those who taught you, attacking smugglers, and manipulating others to your will? ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

JMA

18. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000
    "School uniforms. . .Baaaaaad theory! It's bad enough that they get these kids to think alike! Now they're going to get them to dress alike too? And it's not a new idea either! I think I remember something just like it from old news reels from the 1930

You forgot...

But I had trouble understanding it because the narration was in German.

Loved that Carlin CD...

19. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    hehe, that's funny JMA :) And I'm not being sarcastic. But seriously, I like Kyp because I was like him even before his character was introduced. I'm spontaneous and brash and a little quick-tempered at times (especially when driving!) and I'm the kind of person who does something and asks for forgiveness later, instead of asking for permission. I think Kyp embodies all these characteristics. Luckily, as you pointed out, I haven't murdered anybody or gone after smugglers, and I try not to make a habit of lying, but you get the idea! ;)

Jae Angel

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I know dude, I have it there but it only shows part of the quote!! I LOVE that quote!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Jae Angel

PS- Signature was just about to get changed anyway

21. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    I resent that. You left out destroying entire star systems.

Narundijedi-yeah! sounds good. I've been thinking of a myn/lara story myself but have also been lazy.

22. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    hahahaha, sorry about that Suncrusher!

*Marks destroying whole star systems down on the list*

JMA

23. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    He's not important enough to focus on his love life. He's hardly important enough to throw him into to every two or three books.

24. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    I always thought that Kyp would be the kind of guy to pick up very stupid girls much younger than himself. At this point in his life, probably fourteen-year-olds with fodder for brains and big chests.

25. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    and i thought my sugestion for him t mary Ysanne Isard was harsh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.