main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kyp finding a woman? WILL IT EVER HAPPEN?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by NarundiJedi, Oct 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    RogueJaina, unfortunately I've known guys like that who go shopping for chicks in high school when they're in college or older. Luckily I've never dated one of them :p
    But seriously, fourteen? I think sixteen might be the limit. He obviously has no qualms about flirting with Jaina, and she's eighteen. Who knows what the legal age of consent is in the GFFA anyway! It's never been mentioned. Still, it's kinda sleazy, a 34 year old hitting on a teenager.

Jae Angel

PS- Sorry if any of you have 34 year old significant others on this board (and are a teenager)!!

2. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    On many planets, the age of responsibility is 17. I'm not saying Kyp is a bad guy, I just think that he would go for vulnerable, easily influenced girls. Hence 14. I've known guys like that and the girls who go out with them, and while the girls are not all stupid, the ones that are tend to end up with the guys like Kyp (I see Kyp as wanting his own way, and not wanting to argue about it, and wanting someone fairly "disposable").

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    RJ, you know people who are saving the galaxy with eleven volunteers? Wow! :)

4. So_I_Lied

So_I_Lied Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2001
    Well...rememebr...fenig Nabon......No? from Tales from the NR.

5. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    He found one... to bad Jaina shot him down... :)

6. RogueJaina

Jul 6, 2001
    LOL, RF.

7. amarice77

amarice77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    I really think that it is high time for Kyp to settle down....he's too hotheaded and needs someone as stubborn and as strong as he is. I vote for Tenel Ka. That girl can seriously kick some ass (and I think we all agree here that Kyp needs a good kick in the booty:))and she can do it all with one arm.
    As for what Mastadge said about pairing him up with Jacen Solo...naaahhhh...they wouldn't last a week. Jacen would almost certainly bore him either to death or turn him to the dark side with his namby-pamby jedi philosophy.
    P?s: I'm new here...so please be kind (me ducking for cover as all Kyp fans pointing blasters at my direction).

8. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    I don't think that Kyp is the type to prey on young girls. Until Rebirth, Kyp saw Jaina as a girl. In Jedi Eclipse, "A seventeen-year-old spice buyer?" but life has matured Jaina and I think Kyp was beginning to explore the possibilities of a relationship with her. Testing the waters with a little flirtation. This is not uncommon in those "Victorian Romances." Remember, Jaina isn't an average 18 year old. She is a jedi knight and she did spend a year with Rogue Squadron. Kyp blew away his chances with Jaina when he lied to her. (I think that he foresaw Jaina's reaction during a conversation with her.) Besides, Han is going to go super nova when he hears that Kyp tricked his little girl!!!!!
    Fenig Nabon would have been good with Kyp if the relationship had continued at that time. Kyp has moved on but as far as we know Fen has not been trained. (She was the one with the force and not Ghitsa. "Simple Tricks" from Tales From the New Republic)
    I like the idea of Kyp and Tenel Ka!!!! She is one of the few women in GFFA that can be an equal partner with Kyp. Tenel Ka could actually teach Kyp a thing or two about not relying on the force. Kyp is strong willed enough that Tenel Ka would have an equal. Kyp wouldn't dare lie to Tenel Ka!!!!

9. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I like the idea of someone totally unintroduced getting with Kyp. We're limiting ourselves to characters already introduced into the eu, and that doesn't have to be. And thanks for putting that little bit in about Fen being force sensitive!! I guess I have to go to another forum and retract one of my previous statements about Fen and "how could she hear Kyp begging her to kill him in her mind if she wasn't force sensitive?" Oops!!

Jae Angel

10. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    You want my opinion?
    Who would marry someone who blasted a couple of star systems and killed trillions?

11. Garik-Face-Loran

Garik-Face-Loran Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2000
    to be honest i think Kyp is a moron... no offense...

12. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    It would make a great story for the kids. "Yeah, well guess what MY dad did!"

13. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    It would make a great story for the kids. "Yeah, well guess what MY dad did!"

That's the entire idea, Gandolf!!! I would be doubled over in laughter at a statement like that!! Still, I'm trying to imagine what kind of kid Kyp would have, and the idea frankly scares me. . .maybe he is better left a bachelor, cuz his kids would probably get all of his bad traits, and that's just what this galaxy needs, another Durron running around blowing up stuff and killing people. I'm sure then all of you who dislike Kyp would have a field day with that!!
    "See!!! I TOLD you he shouldn't have reproduced!!! Look what happened now!!!"

Nope, one guy like Kyp is fine enough by me.

Jae Angel

14. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    Come on! Haven't you ever heard little kids talking like that. Like, "My Dad does this, so he could take your dad!" and "Yeah, my Mom could 'em all on!"

Kyp's kid could argue with Ben.

Kyp Jr: My dad blew up a Star! Beat that!
    Ben: Yeah, well my dad saved the galaxy once a week for fifteen years!
    Kyp Jr: Whatever. Your dad is a wuss!
    Ben: Is not!

15. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    kyp jr.s got the ultimate line, "my dad put your dad in a disembodied coma!"

16. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    hehehehehe!!!! See, it would be funny!

Jae Angel

17. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Plus, this forum is about Kyp finding a woman. I didn't say ANYTHING about kids! It does happen where people even get married but don't have any. . .ah well, maybe not in literature. . .

Jae Angel

PS- If Kyp did have a kid, I'm sure he wouldn't name his kid Kyp Jr. There's a REALLY good chance that the kid would be named Zeth.

18. RogueJaina

Jul 6, 2001
    How do we know Kyp doesn't already have kids? I mean, a handsome man like that, at his age...

Now all we have to do is track down the mothers to find out what kind of woman Kyp goes for.

19. Destiny_Skywalker

Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2000
    Yeah Kyp would probably loosen up quite a bit with a romp in the sack. :p

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Rogue Jaina, I agree. He probably does have illegitimate kids running around. He has to have gotten laid at least ONCE in his life. I don't think he'd be able to act so arrogant and smug if he hadn't. No, I bet he gets laid a lot, and I'm also willing to bet he thinks pretty highly of himself in that department as well!! ;)

Jae Angel

PS- I'm also going to agree with whoever said he'd lighten up a bit if he did get laid. Sounds like ol' Kyp is spending too much time racing around the galaxy with his squadron. He needs some DOWN TIME!!

21. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    I don't know. Kyp's obsession with using his lightsaber to solve his problems might stem from more personal issues.

22. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Hahahahahahahaha!!!! That's AWESOME Gandolf!! I was thinking about that yesterday actually. I was wondering if Kyp was on the short side because there's this thing called "short man syndrome" (it really should be called "short person syndrome" because I seem to have this too, being only 5'2" tall and I'm female) where a person of short stature feels they have to make up for being short by doing BIG things. Kyp is probably either a short guy who has to go out and make himself look big by blowing up stuff, or, like you said, he's a bit ::ahem:: lacking in the "lightsaber" department, so he goes to war with people who he thinks have bigger lightsabers than he does. If you want more insight, just listen to George Carlin's routine about the "bigger d**k foreign policy theory" :p

Jae Angel

PS-George can be very offensive at times. I'm just warning you in case you are of a young age. It might not be appropriate. I just have no clue how old anybody is around here!!

23. RogueJaina

Jul 6, 2001
    ROTFL!!!

Maybe Kyp turns to his lightsaber when he's, you know... Frustrated...

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    "Jedi can't marry!" --Random movie purist.

25. RogueJaina

Jul 6, 2001
    "Where do little Jedi come from?"

-small child during classes at the Jedi Temple (or Luke's praxeum)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.