main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KYP VS. JAINA

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Durron001, Oct 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durron001

Durron001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2001
    Who would win? Many people this fight is inevitable in the coming books and I wonder what you people think. I think this one goes to Durron pretty easily. Kyp seems like he was almost genetically created to kick Skywalker @$$ and generally to screw them whenever he can which I think is great. It looks like Kyp is the strongest Jedi Master of his era besides Luke( Mara isn't in this league), and I'm pretty sure Jaina would be saved form death only because Kyp owes her dad.

Fore Power: Kyp
    Training/Experience: Kyp (difference is jaina's age)
    Attitude: Kyp in his regular mood is more of a mother than Jaina will be after Jimmy dies

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Makes one wonder who will be bitchslapping whom.

But I agree with you.

3. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Kyp is a master. Jaina at this point in her career has a whole lot to learn. She's nowhere on Durron's level.

4. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Well i wouldn't count Jaina out yet.She started learning about the force before him.He's had like 13 yrs and shes had 9 yrs of learning.

5. solo_yt1300

solo_yt1300 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2001
    IMO, Kyp would have never made master in the old order. And Mara taught Jaina so i'd bet Jaina picked up some of them combat skills of Mara's.
    Soooo Jaina would kick his ass.

one other reason would be is she is just cooler than Durron.

6. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    No contest. Jainas great, but isnt anywhere near mastership. Now, ship to ship? THAT would be a fight Id pay to see!

But really, the two wouldnt fight, as they know they are right for each other ;)

7. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Lightsabre fight = Kyp wins
    X-Wing fight = Jaina wins

Naked Twister = Kyp 'lets' her win [face_mischief]

8. Yuuzhan_Commando

Yuuzhan_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2001
    Mr. Starbuck, as much as I'd like to... never mind. I think thats wrong. anyways
    Kyp and Jaina probably won't ever fight so I won't worry about that.

9. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I?m not too sure. If it were X-wing vs. X-wing, Jaina would win within five seconds. If we are talking about Lightsaber vs. Lightsaber, I would have to say that it might be kind of close.

Jaina has been aware of the Force, and been able to manipulate it, for at least, three years longer than Kyp. Jaina might not have been working very hard on her Lightsaber skills very much during the NJO, but at the academy, she was as good as Tenel Ka, and that is saying quit a bit. It wouldn?t take her long to fall back into the flow of the Force and use it to help her anticipate Kyp?s movements. Kyp is strong, but we haven?t seen him use the Force for guidance very much, and I think that would give Jaina an advantage. Kyp would be so focused on his own attacks that he would lose most of his ability to anticipate what Jaina might do next. Any good chess player knows that you have to anticipate your opponent?s moves before they happen if you are to win. Kyp would loose sight of that, and leave himself open for an attack that he didn?t see coming. However, if Kyp had no intention of fooling around with Jaina, he could probably take her out before she fell back into her old Lightsaber habits. So, like I said, it would be close.

In conclusion, Kyp could kill her in the beginning, but if he spent more that 15 seconds toying with her, she would come back and beat him.

10. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    I doubt Jaina would win in 5 seconds. Kyp is good enough to be a Rogue, and has had more experience.

11. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    ReaperFett, you underestimate the training you get for actually being a Rouge. Then multiply that training by the fact that Jaina has been a Jedi who has been trained to use the Force to aid her with her flying since the day she left the academy. Five seconds might be a small miscalculation on my part, but Jaina would, without a doubt, win before Kyp knew he was in over his head.

12. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Kyp was leading a squadron, and been there in some of the most bloody of NJO fights. Rogues too. Hed have more qualifications than Jaina. Didnt like how she got in, sounded almost like Gav just wanted a Jedi. I like her in, not how.

Anyway, YOU underestimate someone who has been there. I said close, you said one sided. WHos the underestimator here? :)

13. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    There is no doubt about it. Jaina obliterated Kyp's 11 minute-13 second record on Lando's Folly with a 27 minute-27 second performance. Although Kyp is an extraordinary pilot, Jaina would beat him x-wing vs. x-wing.

I do believe a lightsaber duel would be closer than most people think though.

14. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Lightsaber vs. lightsaber would probably be a good fight, but Kyp would definetly come out on top.

I don't know in an X-Wing if it would be close or not, flying in a race is a lot different than a fight but I'm certain Kyp would lose.

15. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    ?Kyp was leading a squadron, and been there in some of the most bloody of NJO fights. Rogues too. Hed have more qualifications than Jaina. Didnt like how she got in, sounded almost like Gav just wanted a Jedi. I like her in, not how.

Anyway, YOU underestimate someone who has been there. I said close, you said one sided. WHos the underestimator here??

Jaina?a qualifications for getting into Rouge squadron are not the issue here. I was talking about who would kill the other if they where both trying to kill each other with X-wings.

Let?s compare NJO military background shall we. Kyp has been engaged in guerilla warfare (along with some people to back him up). Jaina has been engaged in head to head military warfare against entire fleets of enemy vessels who where prepared for an attack (along with people to back her up). Now based on our knowledge of guerilla warfare and head to head military warfare, which one takes more fighting skill to succeed at? Kyp does not have a military background that adequately compares to what Jaina has done. What her qualifications where before she got into Rouge Squadron are almost completely irrelevant, because we are talking about her military background after she got into Rouge Squadron.

I was not underestimating Kyp?s piloting abilities; I was simply being, what I saw as, realistic under the circumstances.

16. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Lightsaber Fight: Kyp.

Much as I hate to admit it, Kyp would win in this one. Would it be a blowout? Heck no. Jaina is a Skywalker, and probably nearly as strong in the Force as Kyp is. She is a match for Tenel Ka in saber fighting, at least she was at the Academy, which is saying quite a bit. Give her the experience Kyp has, and Jaina wins this. But as they stand now, Kyp wins.

X-Wing Fight: Jaina.

Obviously. Her dogfighting skills are so far beyond Kyp's at this point that he really doesn't stand half a chance. While it would certainly take more than 15 seconds, look for Jaina to win in a couple of minutes at the most.

Overall I believe Kyp to be the more experienced warrior, Jedi, etc. He's just plain older, and has seen more of the galaxy than Jaina has. I think that Jaina has the potential to be one of the coolest Jedi Masters of a new generation though, as long as she can live that long. I hope we get to see Valin Horn, the Solos, Lowie, Tenel Ka...all of the YJK and JJK band grow into Jedi Masters. Those kids are something special.

JMA

17. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned. Jaina.

18. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    LOL, ahhh, the sweet sting of being slapped.

Dodging asteroids is one thing, dogfighting someone who's been around is quite another. Kyp was almsot singlehandedly cleaning up piracy before the invasion. It would be an extremeley close fight. -2 to jaina. all major credit cards accepted. let's get it on!

19. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    Kyp would destory Jaina in a lightsabre fight. He has more force potential than Leia in JAT. He also trains exceptionally hard.
    In an X-wing it would be very close. If you read the LandoFolly's bit it says Kyp promised to take back his record and something about him promised he would. This is hinting that Kyp could take back his record and probably will. As for dogfighting Kyp has survived battles where his entire squadron has been wiped out. Kyp may just loose to Jaina but it would be extremely close unlike the lightsabre match.

20. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Well, I'm not a big Kyp fan, but I still have to say he would win.

21. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    ?If you read the LandoFolly's bit it says Kyp promised to take back his record and something about him promised he would. This is hinting that Kyp could take back his record and probably will.?

It is true that he said that, but if you keep reading, you will find that Kyp realizes that he could never beat Jaina?s score. I think this happens after Kyp leaves Lando?s place but before he engages the Vong.

22. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Dodging rocks is different from Dogfighting a Jedi Master

23. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Really? I wouldn't think Kyp much different from a rock. ;)

24. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Until we see the extent of Kyp's dogfighting skills, which hasn't happened yet, one has to go under the assumption that Jaina would win the X-Wing fight. She's a better pilot than Kyp anyway, who has done nothing but sim and fight in live battles against skips. Her skills are as finely honed as they've ever been at this point.

JMA

25. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    hes done nothing but escape the first Vong attack, Fought a VOng ship and flew INSIDE it, single squadronly saved refugees(BP), Attacked at the front while destroying a Worldship...

He's done more than Jaina. RS have fleets to support them. The dozen do it alone.

Hey, that last sentence should be a motto :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.