KYP VS. JAINA

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Durron001, Oct 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    His tactics are all hit and run. He's yet to be engaged in the same number of full fledged dogfights that Jaina has. She's one of a handful of Rogue's who remain from the Rogue Squadron that was born in the NJO. Kyp as much as admits that Jaina is a better pilot than him in Vector Prime, and everyone does nothing but gawk at her when she flies, saying that she's the best they've ever seen.

JMA
  2. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Aaron, how do you know about dogfights? Oh, because they didnt write about them?

It'd be close, the winner would be smashed up pretty bad
  3. Jarik Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, comeone, Kyp would easily crush Jaina in a ground fight. He's at least 10 times as powerul as Jaina in the force not to say Jaina doesn't have the potential to be as good, but right now she's not.

In a dogfight in fighters I'm not sure. I kinda lean a little toward Jaina, but it could go either way and would probably be close.
  4. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Aaron, how do you know about dogfights? Oh, because they didnt write about them?"

Exactly Reaper, I'm going on what we KNOW, not what we assume. What we know for FACT is that Jaina has seen as much time fighting skips in heated combat, and simming against them, as anyone fighting the good fight right now. We know that Kyp has been using hit and run tactics, trying to actually engage the enemy in battle as infrequently as possible, simply because he's only leading one squadron. Look, Kyp is a great pilot, but he's no match for Jaina. That's not a knock against him, because with the exception of Wedge and Tycho, I doubt anyone in the NR is as good of a pilot as Jaina. She's got to be in the top 10 in the galaxy at this time, and she's only 16.

"Oh, comeone, Kyp would easily crush Jaina in a ground fight. He's at least 10 times as powerul as Jaina in the force not to say Jaina doesn't have the potential to be as good, but right now she's not."

Ok, Jarik normally I consider what you say very heavily since you argue extremely well...but 10 times as powerful? I doubt ANY of the Jedi are ten times as powerful as any other. That's just an unbelievable amount of Force-sensitivity, one that can't be achieved. Were Kyp ten times stronger than Jaina, a SKYWALKER mind you, that would place him far, far above anyone else on the list, including Anakin Skywalker and Luke. Gimme a break.

JMA
  5. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    you cant use a family name as a reason. Thats BS. barely a knight (if is) vs Master? Yeah, Id say near 10 times.
  6. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "you cant use a family name as a reason. Thats BS. barely a knight (if is) vs Master? Yeah, Id say near 10 times."

Ok, no offense here, but are you kidding me? When it comes to the Skywalkers, of COURSE you can use the family name!

"The Son of Skywalker must not be allowed to become a Jedi. He could destroy us."

Why? Because he's Luke SKYWALKER, the son of ANAKIN SKYWALKER, the CHOSEN ONE, and the most powerful Jedi in HISTORY.

"There is another...Skywalker."

Yoda and Ben knew that the Skywalker's were their only hope. Why? Because as the son and daughter of the CHosen One, they would have the highest level of midichlorian's in them.

When it comes to the case of the Skywalker family, the family name says it all man. Because they are the direct descendants of Anakin Skywalker, who was basically pure Force power, Jaina, Anakin, Jacen, and now Ben, all have Force potential to easily rival, if not top, anyone else in the GFFA. Your beloved Kyp Durron included. Yeah, he's more experienced than Jaina. Yeah, he would beat Jaina in a lightsaber fight. But 10 times as powerful? Give me a break man. There is no freaking way.

JMA
  7. Jarik Jedi Master

star 4
    "Ok, Jarik normally I consider what you say very heavily since you argue extremely well...but 10 times as powerful? I doubt ANY of the Jedi are ten times as powerful as any other. That's just an unbelievable amount of Force-sensitivity, one that can't be achieved. Were Kyp ten times stronger than Jaina, a SKYWALKER mind you, that would place him far, far above anyone else on the list, including Anakin Skywalker and Luke. Gimme a break."

The number may be a little high, but you must admit that at least at this moment Kyp is a lot stronger in the force than Jaina, who has no where near the training he does and who knows whether her potential is even as high or if she'll even reach her potential. Jaina did not train nonstop when she was young. (She was kidnapped too often. j/k) And when she joined RS she didn't have that much time to train. Kyp definitely outdoes her in force strength.
  8. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "Kyp definitely outdoes her in force strength."

Of course he does. He's had much more time to train than Jaina, and has been a much more dedicated student of the Force, in all honesty. But Jaina's bloodline alone prevents anyone from completely blowing her out of the water. I would hesitate to say that Kyp has even double the Force strength that Jaina does? Think about that...Jaina right now is stronger than a great deal of the Jedi, at only 16. Is Kyp really as strong as TWO of Jaina put together? I'd hesitate to say that Luke himself is THAT strong. Kyp is definitely stronger, but 10 times? I don't think so.

JMA
  9. Jarik Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, 10 may have been a lot, but definitely more than twice. We don't know that Jaina is so much more powerful then the other Jedi. She's just a normal Jedi Knight still being trained at times by Mara, not a Master, who undergos no more training, and calls no one Master, but Luke (I think). We have nothing to compare Jaina to so we don't know if she's 1 of the most powerful Jedi.
  10. Durron001 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    First of all this was manily a ground fight. And secondly can we cut all this bull about skywalkers? They aren't the best thing since the peanut butter and jelly sandwich so step off. And you guys honestly hate Kyp so much you are willing to think Jaina would last more than a minute or two in a fight with Durron? Durron is more powerful than Jaina will ever be, it's just that almost everybody in this forum would sell out their family for the skywalker/solo clan. Plus the solo kids were a bunch of pampered brats from day one, and it shows. Whenever they get kidnapped half the NR has to help find them. They are more affluent than half the people on coruscant, and never had to learn how to survive on their own. Kyp on the other hand was a born survivor. If the solo kids were put into the spice mines for the length of time Kyp was they would go insane or die. Even their dad, who I have a lot more respect for, doesn't have Durron's streetsmarts. And you know Durron was screwed from the day he came out of the mines, with Exar Kun and the destruction of Carida. In fact Anakin has as much blame on the annhiliation of the hapan fleet on Fondor. All of Kyp's life he's been hit with crap and it's a wonder he has survived it all. Then Kyp came to the Academy and learnt all Luke could teach him in a week while I'd be hardpressed to find a lesson the sollo kids have learned over their whole lives seeing how much they mess up at everything(if Kyp had fought Lah in BP there would be no more warmaster). Then you guys bring up bull like Jaina is becoming more insightful...Jaina can only pilot, when is the last time you saw her fight with a lightsaber(none in the NJO).

Force Power: Kyp can kick any of the solo kids butts any day of the week(he would ruffle Anakin's hair for a nice try). His potential is Luke Skywalker class, but nobody will admit it.

Training:Kyp made master faster than Luke which says something. And even Mara will only talk about Kyp when he is not there because she knows he has seniority over her as a master and could whup her butt. Kyp has a decade and half's experience over Jaina no matter what way you look at it.

P.S: I know one of you guys will say I made unfounded assumptions or something...(Vergere) so I say what things that we know aren't assumptions. We can't prove anything in this world if you really think about it. Why don't you read the thing and respond with something else besides "you don't have any proof". Or go play Dungeons and Dragons like I know must of you do. Later..
  11. -Vergere- Jedi Master

star 4
    so I say what things that we know aren't assumptions. We can't prove anything in this world if you really think about it. Why don't you read the thing and respond with something else besides "you don't have any proof". Or go play Dungeons and Dragons like I know must of you do.
    Uh ok, ye of all-knowing omnipotence. Surely, Kyp detractors lack the technical authority & precision you display in your post.

Well, back to the lowly & despicable world of dungeons & dragons...
  12. Yuuzhan_Commando Jedi Knight

star 1
    Go Durron. The Skywalker/Solo clan is kinda over-rated. Kyp can act like a fool, and is much to agressive but he nows what he's doing, even if its only after he's done doing it. who honestly believes that Skywalkers are super powerful beings? sure, they're related to the Force itslef but they hold themselves in too much. If they think that the only way to get rid of the Vong quikly is to go to the darkside, then one should go off, go to the darkside, get himself killed killing the vong. I know thats sounds really bad to you Jeedia fans but I dun care.
  13. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    mmmmmmmm, wonderfully said, Durron001. Beautiful. It's good to see a real Kyp fan at work :D And you said exactly what I've wanted to say about the Skywalkers since the beginning of the NJO, but I couldn't find the words for it. It's pissing me off that everything has to revolve around them!! Why can't we get a good Kyp Durron novel in the NJO? I'll tell you why, it's because the writers of the NJO suck in the way that they've bashed Kyp since day one, making it so if you like him you're selling out the Skywalkers or something. Whatever! I'll take a more realistic character like Kyp anyday over the Solo brats. Not that I don't like Jaina's character, but I always read the next book hoping that Kyp is in it. Well, after these last two posts I'm sure there's going to be a lot of tension on this board. Kyp would be proud!! Damn, why can't my Kyp board get this much blood and gore? ::pouts:: :p

Jae Angel
  14. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The only time Kyp acted truely like a fool is when he lied to Jaina! I mean they had something going on there!!! Why did he have to go and ruin it? :_(

Jae Angel
  15. Yuuzhan_Commando Jedi Knight

star 1
    uh huh. he knew what he was doing. only after it was done.
  16. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow, this is going to be fun.

"First of all this was manily a ground fight."

Actually, it's been discussed since the beginning of the thread as being a two level battle, one on the ground and one in the air. Thanks for playing.

"And secondly can we cut all this bull about skywalkers? They aren't the best thing since the peanut butter and jelly sandwich so step off."

I'll ignore how childish that statement sounds and go right to the heart of the matter. Actually, considering that Star Wars is first and foremost about the Skywalkers, as far as the GFFA is concerned they ARE the best thing since "the peanut butter and jelly sandwich".

"And you guys honestly hate Kyp so much you are willing to think Jaina would last more than a minute or two in a fight with Durron?"

I'm wondering how thinking that Jaina would last more than a minute in a fight with Kyp means that I "hate" Kyp. That one escapes me...

"Durron is more powerful than Jaina will ever be, it's just that almost everybody in this forum would sell out their family for the skywalker/solo clan."

Uh...what? They're characters in a series of books dude....

"Plus the solo kids were a bunch of pampered brats from day one, and it shows."

Explain to me how exactly it shows that they are pampered brats. Seriously.

"They are more affluent than half the people on coruscant, and never had to learn how to survive on their own."

Except for the fact that they spent a good portion of their lives not even ON Corscant, but I guess we're ignoring that for the purpose of this discussion.

"If the solo kids were put into the spice mines for the length of time Kyp was they would go insane or die."

I don't even know how to respond to that. I don't think that comment CAN be responded to. It's purely a matter of opinion, and one so far off base...bah. Nevermind.

"And you know Durron was screwed from the day he came out of the mines, with Exar Kun and the destruction of Carida."

How exactly was Kyp "screwed"? If I remember correctly, HE made the choices to learn from Exar Kun. HE thought he knew more than Luke, HE thought that he could manipulate Exar Kun, HE made the decision to blow up Carida. This isn't a case of "poor Kyp". These were decisions that he himself made, or at least a hand in.

"if Kyp had fought Lah in BP there would be no more warmaster)."

Except for the fact that A) Jacen beat Anakin in a duel. B) Anakin can take on several Vong at once and survive. C) Kyp was nearly killed by two on Ithor. Kyp is a great warrior, but this statement is so presumptuous it's kinda sad. To be honest, I'm not sure anyone except Jacen could have survived against the Warmaster. That was Jacen's moment in the Force.

"Then you guys bring up bull like Jaina is becoming more insightful"

Who said this exactly?

"Training:Kyp made master faster than Luke which says something. "

Yeah, it says that Kyp had a MASTER TO TRAIN HIM, and wasn't trying to learn everything on his own.

"We can't prove anything in this world if you really think about it. "

Very philosophical and deep of you.

"Why don't you read the thing and respond with something else besides "you don't have any proof". Or go play Dungeons and Dragons like I know must of you do. Later.."

This is obviously a blatant personal attack, and since it already makes you sound dim-witted enough, I'll just let well enough alone.

I can hardly wait to see what intelligent and insightful post you bring up to reply to this one, Durron001. I'm awaiting in breathless anticipation.

JMA

17. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Aaron, its his thread, I think he knows what the intent was :)

And Aaron, acting sarcastic doesnt get you any respect, no matter why. Trust me, I know :)
  18. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "And Aaron, acting sarcastic doesnt get you any respect, no matter why. Trust me, I know "

Gee, could you sense the sarcasm there? ;)

I'm sorry, but that guy's post was one of the most unintelligent rants I've ever heard, not to mention he personally attacked Vergere, and basically all those people anti-Kyp. His post warranted me being sarcastic. As for his respect, I could not care one iota less. ::shrug:: Whatever.

JMA
  19. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    you must remember, most Kyp arguments invole the argument "He's a jerk". he wouldnt win because HAJ. he shouldnt be right about Jedi because HAJ. When you get arguments like that, the Darkside does start to flow through, if you catch my drift :)
  20. Jarik Jedi Master

star 4
    "Wow, this is going to be fun."

LOL

Wow what a reply. I think I'll stay out of this one completely and just watch the fireworks.
  21. JediStryker Jedi Master

star 4
    Reaper, durron has basically done nothing but insult and debase anyone who disagrees with him. (EDIT: Not just here, in other posts as well.) Even if you agree with his ideas, don't encourage his inappropriate and frankly flaming posts. Aaron might have been a bit sarcastic, but in response to durron, it was IMO appropriate.

durron, man, you need to control your frustration. There are always going to be people who disagree with you, and if you always respond like this, you're going to run into problems; not just here, but in life in general.
  22. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ah yes Reaper, point taken. Although I have nothing to fear from that aspect of the Dark Side flowing through me, because I don't use lame, completely opinionated arguments such as "Kyp's such a lewser" in my posts. If I do, notify me, and I'll remove it quick as lightning. That's just not intelligent posting, and people who do that are just showing their inability to argue intelligently. Like our good friend Durron001 here, who repeatedly bashes the Skywalker's. As if that does anything to further his case.

JMA
  23. NarundiJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Man, I love to hear you people go at it! It makes reading forums fun! Who cares if we sound at all intelligent? For the most part we're all probably teenagers (myself excluded, just barely, and this is just a guess at the average age, so please don't jump down my throat if you're 30 years old and you think I'm purposely trying to insult your intelligence) and we haven't even reached the stages of moral development yet where we can truely argue intelligently about issues that concern a society as a whole. Plus, even if you are of the age where you can argue intelligently about these issues, one can still choose to revert back to the "your guy SUCKS!" way of arguing. It's all about choice. If we're pissed off about the silly banter that's going on in the message board, then we might just try to piss some people off by calling them idiots. If you're wondering where this rant came from, check out some general psychology texts on the stages of moral development.
    But anywayyyyyyyyys. . .back to the topic.
    So please try not to be demeaning to someone just because they choose to argue in a way that is less sophisticated than yours. They had a good point too. The Skywalkers are too over-rated. That was the bottom line. All the rest that was nitpicked was truely made to just piss you off. In fact, if you have a board titled anything VS anything you can bet there will be people pissing other people off. Oh well, it's a saturday, I have parties to go to. I suggest you all go do the same, because we're NOT all dungeons and dragons players here :p

Jae Angel
  24. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I dont bash the Skywalkers. Just Luke, Leia, Mara, Anakin and Jacen

:)
  25. Durron001 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    to JMA: I don't need your respect either man. And don't you have anything else to do but sit there and disect what people say like you are my english teacher. At least I have an excuse for writing this stuff being that I am 14 but but what is a 20 year old person doing here? How childish of you. Can't you get a life or something? And why do I have to be friendly with you guys? Every topic in this forum is sullied by you spouting nonsense and sarcasm and then you ask other people to act intelligent?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.