main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

L.A. Noire - a classic crime story from Rockstar

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Reynar_Tedros, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Except...you know...the arson desk. Speaking of which, did anyone else play the case that was released on Tuesday? The Nicholson Electroplating case was pretty simple seemed like it was trying to add more action to the game. It had a huge explosion, a car chase, and a big shootout in the hanger of the Spruce Goose. It seemed light on investigations and interviews. I beat the whole thing in less than 45 mins.

2. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
  3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    That's a shame, since I sold my copy already. And even bigger shame is that this piece of DLC couldn't have been released with the game itself. Or in plainspeak, available since launch date! First and foremost among the things that annoyed me about the game is how incomplete it felt, and the reason is obvious now: so that R* would sell the "missing" content piecemeal through XBL and/or PSN 'till you've spent the same amount (or more!) you paid for the retail game itself!

4. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm pretty sure in the case of L.A. Noire that's not true. Any more content in the retail version of the game would have required a 2nd or 4th disc for PS3 or 360 respectively. Which would have driven manufacturing costs and the retail price up. And judging by the relase date, there's a good chance this content wasn't even completed when the game shipped. It's not like this is EA or Activision charging $20 for a few maps. The Rockstar pass made this case cost me roughly $3.

5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    on pc? it was never supposed to come to pc. dang, i wish i would have waited now. i think i am getting close to the end of my time on homicide

6. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Imho announcing a PC version now seems like a pretty low, but effective, marketing tool.

On a lighter note....

[image=http://i.imgur.com/NaZAp.jpg]

Ohpleasepleaseplease let this happen.

7. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I would play that.

8. Tunsieon

Tunsieon Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2011
    Yes! But it would AO for the use of patty cake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.