main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit L-Canon -- or, Taking Matters Into Our Own Hands (Final Results Announced)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    The whole point is to play by the rules. Where's the fun if we're to start breaking them again?

I think the same of E, the obviously clean and simple way out. Is it really in the spirit of L-Canon? I mean, is not the point to work only with what we have? And don't we have that image, drawn the way it is, placed where it is in the timeline? I was a nonbeliever in Barriss, and now I see in her with pride Star Wars's very own "Felucian Candidate".

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

3. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Is that suppose to be the shell of the DS2? Or some shipyard.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I still go for A because I actually do believe the Emperor would mange to whip up a Death Star from ground zero to that stage in three months simply because he was really REALLY ticked off about what happened to his precious battle station at Yavin that he had been tinkering with for about 19 years. Then he starts using all kinds of motivational factors, maybe he dumped basically all of his his Dark Side adepts and inquisitors and every damn emperor's hand he has (aside from Mara, of course, who shall remain untainted) in a single star destroyer and yelled "MAKE THEM DO IT AGAIN AND FASTER!"

5. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    That's the Dac shipyards.

6. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    I fail to see the point the picture is attempting to make... [face_dunno]

7. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Is there any reason Battle Meditation couldn't work on construction workers? [face_whistling]

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That, robots that work around the clock, general Sith menace, geonosians who are forced to actually work as opposed to goofing off at their arena spectator sporting events, etc.

9. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    F. Well, we know that prior to Yavin there were components for the DS II going around, so while it may not have been officially ordered, the Empire was probably stocking up on long lead-time parts and pre-fab components, ready to build a larger version. They make the order, start assembling the parts rather quickly, then have to stop while Lemenisk redesigns the thing, so it sits at the roughly same level of construction while the redesign happens, meanwhile prefab sections are being built for when work starts again.

10. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It's an example of artistic license in action. If that picture were 100% accurate, the shipyards would be unspeakably enormous, as well as increasingly massive on the far side of the planet such that it creates a perfect forced-perspective effect for no particular reason. Also, that Super Star Destroyer on the right would be about the size of a continent, which it isn't. Randy Stradley has, in fact, confirmed that this was just artistic license to show the shipyards without getting into issues of actual perspective, where they would appear as a tiny ring around the planet and diminish into invisibility as they circle around Dac.

AdmiralNick22 and credar like this.
  11. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    Ahhh. Now I see. Grazi.

12. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

well... given the previous idea of DS2 starting construction already before ANH makes sense, it is not 3 months but few years actually. and after DS1 destruction it is reasonable to halt construction for redesigns and changes so that is why it took 3 years then besides the Empire had to divert ressources to stock up their fleet and Superstardestroyer constructions in order to better hunt the rebels. so DS construction went slower.

13. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

why not use geonosian brainworms on workers to make them do whatever you want?

14. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

someone saxtonian give me the size of those Stardestroyers docked in the right part of the image please!!!

I still do not buy this is artistic license.. I want to to be real, I so want it to be! PLEASE

15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I think it was extrapolating from Zahn's stories. In one of the Mos Eisley tales, Zahn has Shada and Karoly involved with a Rebel effort to obtain a prototype component marked "Death Star Mark II" and in Choices of One, set 9 months after the Battle of Yavin, we see a DS2 above Endor that already resembles a half-sphere.

16. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Maybe it is real and Dac is really just an artificial aquatic worldship that's smaller than a real planet. :p

17. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

the thing with the superstardestroyer on the right looks like not part of the ring btw... more like in front of it much closer to the viewer.. so the ship sizes could be safe even if the ring were real..

18. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I'm still saying Dac is secretly a Celestial worldship. :p

19. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Wonder how Nick would feel about that.

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Not as bad as when he finds out Mon Calamari slaves built it and that that was why Palpatine knew they'd make good superweapon construction workers. :p

Grand Admiral Crumb likes this.
  21. Grand Admiral Crumb

Grand Admiral Crumb Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2013
    Zorrixor Wait, if Mon Calamari are from Dac, but Dac was built by Mon Calamari, and Mon Calamari are from Dac, what?

Zorrixor likes this.
  22. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    imagine that ring folding itself into a Death Star... it is a transformer in hiding mode!!! Zorrixor

Zorrixor likes this.
  23. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Precisely.

Dac is in fact a Doomium-Armoured Craftworld.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  24. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    Up til now we have:

A. Empire be quick - 4​

B. DS2 is made of other big stuff - 1​

C. DS2 is DS1 - 2​

D. They were making it before 0 BBY - 1​

E. Artistic license -- it ain't that big - 1​

F. They had the components ready. - 1​

F really is no different than B. Both are saying that the Death Star's components were assembled rather than constructed from scratch. Both have one vote. Shouldn't they be merged in the interest of not splitting an already extraordinarily split vote?

25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's another picture, which makes the ship look more overtly docked:

[​IMG]