Lit L-Canon -- or, Taking Matters Into Our Own Hands (Final Results Announced)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Starkeiller Force Ghost

star 4
    Which begs the question: why would someone smack Waru's side, and in what context? Sounds kinky.
    Last edited by Starkeiller, Mar 9, 2013
  2. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Kinky it may sound, but as we know from the discussion in the diversity thread, kinky it is not because humans and non-humans do not do kinky things.
  3. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    It also goes straight to his pleasure center.
  4. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Would we not be taking matters into our own hands by denying their insane ideas?
  5. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    well.. touch his holyness and it absorbs you... slap him.. and he absorbs you and is aroused?
  6. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    Which does make sense, considering much (if not all) of the displeasure seems to come without even watching the episodes [face_mischief]
  7. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    That's too easy. Embrace the challenge, man.
  8. Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji

VIP
    star 4
    I vote for B; at least it supplies a story hook to run with and minimizes ripple effects elsewhere (theoretically).
  9. Starkeiller Force Ghost

star 4
    Ryloth was, at some point, tidally locked, I don't believe there's any way around it. The "3 wise monkeys" approach to continuity that Mr. Chee and the other Lucasfilm employees seem to have adopted doesn't really work. Either you send something into the Infinities dustbin, or you do a proper retcon. Pretending that something never happened shouldn't be an option -- alas, it is, which is frankly a tad insulting.

So, since the tidal locking must be incorporated for the purposes of our discussion, I believe an astronomical explanation minimizes ripple effects more effectively than the other options. In astronomical timescales, a planet can be at different times tidally locked and rotating Earth-style, which, to my eyes, renders an artificial explanation redundant.
    Last edited by Starkeiller, Mar 10, 2013
    CooperTFN likes this.
  10. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    Pants, etc.

Well, it is kind of like if someone said: "How do we sneak into this base and assassinate so and so."

And you are like "let's nuke it from orbit."

It works, but where is the fun in that?
    Last edited by Havac, Mar 10, 2013
  11. credar Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    What if Ryloth is spinning and the non spinning was just rumor. However, is there a scientific way to have it so the spinning speed changes? Like have the sun changing it gravitational pull by maybe having less mass at one part of that sun? If so, what if it is that it spins slowly while on the burning side (which is why it's burning. Been cooked basically) while spinning faster while on the ice side (which is why it's the ice side. It doesn't stay in the heat of the sun long enough for it all to melt. Maybe the ice just waxes and wains?

However, we need to find out if in the YJK stories if there was a day time and if there wasn't how long they were there for. Becaude maybe they weren't on the planet long enough for it to fully rotate.
    Last edited by credar, Mar 11, 2013
  12. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    YJK they were onplanet for several days.. especially in the icecave scenes for many hours up to days
  13. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    It's looking like 6 votes for A, 3 for B, 2 for C. Anyone else want to speak up?
  14. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    I vote for A, but I agree with @Valin__Kenobi that B has more storytelling potential, even if it's unlikely to get utilized.
  15. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    ...which is more to the point at this juncture, I think.
  16. credar Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    As in there was a rotating cycle between day and night? Or days as in 24 hours+
    Last edited by credar, Mar 11, 2013
  17. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I guess put me down for B then.
  18. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    no rotation
  19. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    I meant that in the other direction. :p

Meaning story hooks are great, but at this point I'd rather have something remotely sensible that can sit there peacefully than a plot bunny left to die.
  20. Starkeiller Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll start pounding the table with my tankard, shouting "A.)! A.)! A.)!" Feel free to join in until our boisterous chant fills the mead-hall.
    Last edited by Starkeiller, Mar 11, 2013
  21. RC-1991 Force Ghost

star 4
    @CooperTFN oh. Well then, ignore my previous post :p
  22. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    A. B smacks me too much of Anderson. C doesn't have the cleverness of the other two.
  23. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5
    since A is on the winning run... I wonder how long it takes Coop to change the topic finally :p

we need to keep going forward after all till the next wave of continuity issues rolls over us
  24. Plaristes Force Ghost

star 3
  25. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5