LA comic book convention

Discussion in 'Los Angeles, CA' started by Queen_Tofuti, Feb 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen_Tofuti Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello my Cali buddies,
    Anyone else going to the convention today at the Shrine? Was going to go. Thanks.
  2. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    went to the last one...

sucked
  3. Kahunna Jedi Padawan

I have yet to go to one of those. I'll wait til they have a SW Alumni that I'd like to meet.

You have fun there today, Queen?
  4. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    The locals are not the friendliest of people. Motti was there which was pretty cool and Arnold Schwarznegger showed up to promote the 6th Day.

5. WormieSaber Force Ghost

star 5
    Haven't been to the shrine in at least a couple years.
  6. eem23 Jedi Knight

hey kahunna, its erik. i have been to several and they arent too bad.
  7. Black_Magic_Wormie Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, the shrine conventions are great. And sometimes they have some really great guests.
  8. Space_Monkey10 Jedi Padawan

I have never attended any kind of convention, whether be ita sci-fi con or a comic con, but I would really LOVE to some day. If anyone has any info on one, please let me know, thanks!!
  9. Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Grand Slam is in Pasadena in March. Its a Trek con but usually a lot of fun. We crash the party in full Imperial armor.
  10. WormieVibes Jedi Knight

star 1
    LOL. Crashing in on a Trek con wearing SW costumes. :D hehe. I should go to this convention.
  11. DEWGOD01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've seen this LA Convention flyers at the comic store I go to for awile now. Nothing really caught my eye till the one on the 7th. It's going to have Stan Lee and bunch of the guys who do The Simpsons/Futurama doing a Q&A session and autographs. They will also have a bunch of Spider Man stuff they are giving away. now I know we will all be in Indiana when Spider Man premires but the chance to meet the guy that not only was in "Mallrats" but made the company that first had "Star Wars" comics. Sounds like good times.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.