LA Radio Station - It deals with the Pyramids

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Obironsolo, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obironsolo Force Ghost

star 1
    My friend in LA heard someone on an LA radio station talking about Indy IV. Apparently, they gave the name of Cate Blanchet's character name, which he told me, but I can't remember. Then they said that the story had something to do with the Pyramids.

Anyone else hear this report?

2. JohnWesleyDowney Force Ghost

star 5

What radio station was it?
  3. Zaz Jedi Grand Master

star 9
    Could be Mayan pyramids, of course.
  4. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That's my bet. Teotihuacan and other Mayan/Aztec cities are positively *littered* with pyramids.
  5. Obironsolo Force Ghost

star 1
    Talked to my friend again...

the name was "Bethsheba Malone" and KROQ said she's Indy's 'sidekick' and an expert on Egypt...if you want to post additional details...

Don't know if it's true, but that's what they said.
  6. I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Knight

star 2

Cool name, but it kind of sounds made up?? Maybe she'll go by Beth for short. I so hope Henry, Sr. makes an appearance. [face_praying]

"Heart"
  7. dudalb Jedi Knight

star 3
    So another totally unproven rumor.
    Just what we need.
  8. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4
    Any kind of pyramids would be cool. Although you think someone would have uploaded an audio file if there was any validity to this.
  9. Obironsolo Force Ghost

star 1
    We don't need a file, I know the radio station said it. It may not be true, but it was reported on LA radio.
  10. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4
    I didn't say you. I know how quickly it would have circulated around the net if there was much validity to their statements.
  11. NZPoe Jedi Master

star 4
    If it's Egyptian pyramids then I say BOOOOOO to another Indy movie in the bloody desert! Get back to the jungle Indy! [face_praying]
  12. StarDude Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did Frank Marshall not say that there was both a desert and a jungle location in the movie? Hmmm... City of the Gods? Hmmm... "Connected" artifact....

I really don't know where I'm going with this. But maybe someone else could put it together.

Any Muslim artifacts that could tie into a City of the Gods? Perhaps ancient Babylon (modern day Iraq)? That would explain the "connectedness" Lucas was talking about, as well as the recent title.... but pyramids. I wonder...
  13. Obironsolo Force Ghost

star 1
    Finally, perhaps we have confirmation on this. Chariots of the Gods is about how aliens built the pyramids. Looks like the radio station was right! Indiana Jones and the Flying Saucer has been a rumored title forever now. Looks like this is it!
  14. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    The flying saucer script was written and rejected in 1995. Right now it seems doubtful that that is what it's about.
  15. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4

I do not think it is the "Saucer Men of Mars" script but it does look like it deals with Aliens, South American temples (pyramids), and Area 51.
  16. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    Where is all this magical inormation that refers to the movie involving aliens, south american temples and Area 51? So far all I have seen is a title (City of the Gods) which was later shown to be false, some casting info, and a radio station mouthing off with info that may or may not be true.

EDIT: And the City of the Gods (false title) and Chariot of the Gods link is tenuous at best. Come on guys, we're better than this.
  17. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4
    CHUD reported it. They claim their sources are legit and proven although they do not have the newest form of the script because they are still tinkering. Devin from CHUD has mainted for a long time that he has read the Darabont script and even discussed it with Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright (who also read it). I'm not saying it is 100% legit but I think it has some validity to it. I remember in 2003 when AICN reported that a droid general named "Grievous" who wielded 4 lightsabers was the new Star Wars villain; people challenged the validity of that one as well.

But just in case you hadn't seen it yet DarthLowBudget, here is the link. :) http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=10334
  18. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks for the link man! Sorry if I seem harsh, but there are few things I have more difficulty with than unsourced information.
  19. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4

Hey I like people being skeptics...there are people like Supershadow who abuses fans all the time. After a while you just sorta figure out which people seem more reliable than others based on past expierences. If you become to gullible you start to believe in things like "Grando Calrissian", lol.
  20. Obironsolo Force Ghost

star 1
    DarthLowBudget wrote:

"And the City of the Gods (false title) and Chariot of the Gods link is tenuous at best. Come on guys, we're better than this."

We're better than this? Why so righteous?

When I post here, I assume that before someone gets angry and decides to insult me, they would be up to date on their information. I didn't cite the source because it's on every website under the sun. Try and keep up, junior.

Besides, God forbid this information turns out to just be rumor. Could you imagine that I would actually come onto the forcenet's discussion forum, and write about something I heard, hoping to get some feedback? Where is my journalistic integrity, you ask? Give me a break, man. If you want to wait for Lucas or Spielberg to say it, why are you here? Why would you click on this link?

By the way, you wrote:

"The flying saucer script was written and rejected in 1995. Right now it seems doubtful that that is what it's about."

Where is your source on this information? You didn't cite it, and I for one, don't believe there is one. Who involved with the film said the UFO aspect was doubtful right now? Your quote implies that the flying saucer aspect of the storyline was rejected along with the script. Is this based on your opinion, or did someone say this somewhere? Because I know that there's nothing you hate more than unsourced info.

How about we lighten up? We're better than this.
  21. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4

Man he hadn't read the report so he had all reason to be skeptical. He apologized for the tone (not that he should or had to). Just let it be bro.
  22. Obironsolo Force Ghost

star 1
    Shouldn't I be allowed to post here without getting bullied by someone who doesn't even know what he's talking about?

DarthJuggs, I can understand why you would defend him, because you have already stated your skepticism about all this, and now that it's looking like it's true, you're backpedalling. Showing skepticism, and then being proven wrong, is nothing more than being wrong. Don't glorify the skepticism. You were wrong.
  23. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4
    Dude I am not backtracking. I still am more than skeptical by your original post. I said surely it would have popped up somewhere online. Surely someone else would have posted an audio clip. Pyramids are an ancient marvel Egyptian or Incan so the fact that they are in the movie is not much of a stretch. As for the validity of the original post, I am through debating that. My issue is you attacking a user who has already apologized for his statement. As he said, he didn't mean it to sound harsh or malicious so there is no reason to come down on him for it. No more on this matter please. I'd rather talk about the movie.

Now as for the validity of the CHUD piece, I believe in it.
  24. Obironsolo Force Ghost

star 1
    Darthsuggs wrote:

"Dude I am not backtracking. I still am more than skeptical by your original post. I said surely it would have popped up somewhere online. Surely someone else would have posted an audio clip. Pyramids are an ancient marvel Egyptian or Incan so the fact that they are in the movie is not much of a stretch. As for the validity of the original post, I am through debating that."

You are through debating it, because you were wrong. The radio report happened, and when the female character's name is revealed to be Bethsheba, you will look like a real moron. Will you admit that the report did happen then? I doubt you will.

25. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4

If that is the case yes I will. It wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. Listen dude I am not trying to hate on you and never did. If you took it the wwrong way, my bad but you have alot of hostility for someone who understandably was skeptical. If I heard it on the radio and I had no proof I would understand someone being a bit skeptical. I never attacked you, just expressed my doubts. If you read my original post you'd see I thought the info was cool. There is no reason to call me a moron because I have not called you one. You must understand that users post unsubstantiated rumors all the time and without proof or past credibility people are not going to believe you 100%. I will never apologize for my comments but if you took them as being a personal attack that I apologize for.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.