main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA Radio Station - It deals with the Pyramids

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Obironsolo, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Obironsolo,

I was not meaning to attack anyone, or sound offensive. Anyways, I've already apologized.

But here we go again. I'm sorry for not reading the CHUD report. I didn't see it. And I was never asking for direct Lucasian/Spielbergian confirmation of any facts. I was looking for a source, any source, something that had not yet been provided in this thread. We here have every right to be skceptical. Just because this is a discussion forum does not mean this is bring all your crazy rumours to work day. Some of us tend to be skceptical on these forums because we've seen a lot, what with the prequels and all.

And I'm sorry I didn't see the CHUD report earlier, some of us have had things to do today which kept us from being glued to the internet long enough to see it. God forbid we have lives in the real world, eh?

What I can't get behind is the general snarkyness and bad attitude of your post (LOL at a Feb '05er calling a Jan '04er "junior"). Now look what you've made me do, I hate using people's registration dates as part of an argument. Oh, and calling Darthsugges "DarthJuggs"? Really mature man, good for you. And calling someone a backpeddlar because he was skceptical behind something you posted without any kind of sources and later got behind an report from a legitimate website? Let me ask you another question, do you believe, honestly believe, that someone shouldn't have the right to change their opinion of something after reviewing relevant facts that have recently come to light? 'Cause that's really petty man.

As for my reference to the flying saucer script, I'm sorry that I assumed that everyone here knew that well enough to accept it without accredidation. I guess assuming really does make an ass out of you and me, eh? For what it's worth, I've actually read the original Flying Saucer script, written by Jeb Stuart in 1995, and have spoken to someone who knew the plot of the Darabont script, which, even in the basic description he gave me, deviated enough from the Stuart draft to lead me to believe that the original Flying Saucer plot had been scrapped, which, from all appearences, it has been.

Oh, and how does this Area 51 chase with Russian agents match up with the recently released info about the filming on the Yale campus, a scene that is a big chase, not in Area 51, early in the film.

As for your apparent disdain of skcepticism, I can only say that while, yes, admitedley, it does suck when someone is skceptical of something you have to say, you should just accept it, then shrug it off and keep going. No one should ever have to justiy or "glorify" the skcepticism, because it is essential to progress for someone to be disbelieving of something someone has to say. Skcepticism prompts critical review of an idea, which helps test if the idea is true.

In the future, please don't attack people who have already apologized for something, it isn't very becoming of anyone to do so, and I really don't appreciate it when such an attack is directed at me, because I really don't like having to write these kinds of posts in my defense.

Can we please get back to discussing Indy now?

2. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003

Do you know the general plot of the Darabont draft?

3. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    You started it. Why do you also insist on finishing it? All I did was make a post, and then I get attacked as if I'm not to be believed. Then I get insulted by you. Then I defend myself. Then I get insulted again by you (you claim to have a life and that I don't, but we're both here, what a joke). What's your problem? Go bully someone else who won't fight back.

4. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    So I think we cam assume that the pyramids will not be egyptian but of the Incan variety.

5. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    All this talk about Area 51 would indicate that's what Indy 4 is definitely not about! The only thing I believe we can say for sure is that it will closely relate to the earlier films and will somehow conclude the series. I don't think an Area 51 story would do either.

6. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Dude, chill. I'm not big on bullying, and I wouldn't consider my post to be bullying. And when the hell did I insult you?

PS: Sorry about the real life thing, if you'll read carefully you'll note I never said nor implied that you didn't have one, I only said that mine prevented me from reading the CHUD report.

As for this whole back and forth thing, this is it, I'm done, it's not worth it for me, I merely felt compelled to defend myself, as you did.

If I have a problem, it's that I sometimes become over flowery in my language in a way that tends to get misinterpreted. I have no problem with you, or grudge against you, and I definatley don't like having problems with people, or holding grudges with them. Truce?

7. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Truce.

As for the pyramids being Incan and not Egyptian, why do you say this? If the story is anything like Chariots of the Gods, it would utilize both the Incan and Egyptian pyramids, along with other "alien" inspired monuments or landing strips of the past. This is why it's such a great Indy idea. It takes him all over the globe.

8. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

I have never read the Chariots book but, what you say sbout it taking him all over the globe is true. I was told that some Incan pyramids lie on the same latitude line is and Egyptian pyramid. I cannot definitively say whether this is true or not, but it could be a cool connection.

9. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Settle down people. There was absolutely no reason for the big argument and name calling.

DarthLowBudget was simply making a general statement about unsorced information. He was only implying that we, as fans, should remain skeptical until a legitimate/official source can confirm or deny a rumor. Darthsuggs then pointed out the CHUD.com article which DarthLowBudget had not read at the time of his statement. DarthLowBudget apologized for his remark based on his new knowledge of the CHUD.com report. They agreed that it's best to be skeptical when it comes to rumors and unsorced info. At this point the issue was settled and over with.

Obironsolo you shouldn't have jumped all over DarthLowBudget and Darthsuggs. Neither one of them insulted you. They only questioned the legitimacy of your report:

My friend in LA heard someone on an LA radio station talking about Indy IV.

Not exactly CNN your quoting there. You also stated that you don't know if it's true are not so you shouldn't be so defensive and hostile about something you cannot prove or back up. The name calling was completely out of line. More outburst like that can get you banned. We've already had one person stirring up trouble and was banned. I don't want to see that happen again.

Everybody relax and keep cool. Rumors aren't worth getting so worked up about.

Now let's continue the thread with speculation about the connection between Aztec and Egyptain pyramids.

10. Ulfor-Bombaasa

Ulfor-Bombaasa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2006
    As long as we're just talking about rumored plots and have no real information, I happen to like the Garden of Eden/hunt for the still alive Adolf Hitler concept. That would fit with the themes of the earlier films and could be very entertaining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.