main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Labor Day Weekend Cookout ....Saturday September 3rd

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Well it has been a quiet summer for this Fanforce and others Fanforces as the trend seems to be during the summmer months.

I think we should get back to business by having a meet at my house for the Labor Day Weekend.

I hope many of you can attend and will bring a friend or two.

We will be having a whole bunch of hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, chicken and boca burgers for those who are vegetarians. I will also have many snacks foods, (chips and dip, corn chips and salsa, cheese curls, popcorn, etc.) Cheese-crackers & pepperoni also. We will also have many sides dishes like potato salad , macaroni salad, garden salad, etc.

If a game is on the T.V. it will be on so you won't miss anything.
    For the kids we will have goodie bags with all sorts of little toys and items to keep them busy and freeze pops are never in short supply.

If anyone is interested, please let me know soon. This way we can make changes if needed.
    And also so I know how many of you are coming and if you will be bringing a guest. I don't have a lot of parking on the street so try and carpool if possible, motorcycle are always welcome and encouraged. If you get hungry again and you see no food ready just ask we will make more.The party does not stop until it stops. One year we went until 4:00 a.m.

It is not required but if you like to bring something to add to the cookout that is fine. I usually just tell everyone to bring themselves. But if you do bring something it will be greatly appreciated.

I live in Milford which is about 45-60 minutes southwest of Boston. I will supply directions later, and if you cannot get a ride, you can take the T Commuter Rail from South Station to Forge Park Station in Franklin. I live 10-15 minutes by car and we can pick up people.

E-mail me, Private message me, and post to this thread so you can let me and everybody know your going and you can make arrangements with others. And I will answer any questions you have.

Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Chris
    a.k.a Fat_Daddy_Pimp_Stain

2. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Unless my family decides to have my brother's birthday party on that day, you can count me in, Chris. I'll likely take the T in, so please plan to pick me up @ Forge Park station. :D

3. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    This sounds interesting. I will run it by the wife and see what we have going on. I live in Shrewsbury. I go to Milford pretty much on a weekly basis for hunting trips. Better known as search missions or just toy shopping. lol

J

4. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    My wife has to work at 7:00 that night, but I'll definitely stop by for a couple of hourse before that. I may have to bring my son so make sure you hide the breakables and bolt everything else down! ;)

5. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    Word, let me check what the deallio is Pimp Daddy

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I told my wife about it and she was cool with it. lol All I will say if she comes she will tell it how she sees it. lol When the ROTS figs came out on April 2 she went with me to Target in Westboro and there was some other eager people patiently waiting for the store to open as well. She walks up and says "Hi geeks". I acted like I didn't know her, because I was already in line getting to know a few of the others that I have seen from time to time looking for new figs. lol Everyone was laughing pretty hard and it made us forget about the cold weather. So if she says something like that just laugh at her and know it isn't personal. lol

7. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    I may have to bring my son so make sure you hide the breakables and bolt everything else down!
    Uh-Oh!! *runs and hides all breakables* JKJK :)

8. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Chris

I checked the Sox' schedule and their game on Sept. 3 is a 7:05 PM start. I don't know if we'll be staying that late. :)

Also, Ed (you've met him) knows about the shindig now so he'll see how his schedule shakes out for that weekend.

9. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    if my movie gig doesn't pan out, i'll probably come and bring Revenge of the SIth [face_whistling]

10. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I just may be able to make it to this :)

11. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Just an update, turns out my next food shopping day is that day. Fortunately, my brother usually arranges to do that in the morning if I have plans for that afternoon, so either Ed will pick me up around noon or I'll be taking a later train in. I'll keep you guys posted.

12. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    I'll be there. Unfortunately I will not have bells on.

13. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Unfortunately I will not have bells on
    ??? :confused:

14. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003

You mean you haven't heard of the saying, "I'll be there with bells on," Evie?

15. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    That is pretty standard in Midwest. That and coffee, tea, or me. When asking what someone would like to drink. lol

16. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    You mean you haven't heard of the saying, "I'll be there with bells on," Evie?
    I have now. :)

17. Fat_Daddy_Pimp_Stain

Fat_Daddy_Pimp_Stain Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2005
    Hey everyone!!

I have posted to New Jersey,Providence, and Boston inviting all to the cookout.

I would like everyone to post if they are attending or not.

All right I got to go and get the house ready for next weekend.

Chris

18. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Beanie-
    Saturday might be tough with Marie's work schedule. If you decide to extend it to Sunday, that might be more do-able.

I really want to make it up for this since I missed the Connecticut function.

~DG~

19. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I plan on being there Chris. I may not be able to stay long due to my wife's work schedule, but I'll be there. Let me know if there's anything you need me to bring.

20. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    ok, i'm free to go. i'll def be there. i'll bring ROTS& the complete CloneWars in case nothing's on TV =).

i'll cya there!

PS i'm also willing to pickup people along the way. anyone need rides?

PPS what time will it be? saturday 9/3 is pretty generic. i could showup@6AM (just a hyperbole cause you'll never catch me awake@that early an hour)

21. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    My wife and I will be there. It will give me an excuse to make a "hunting trip" to Milford. I heard there have been some finds there from a bud of mine at work. I was going to do a trip on Monday but my Fantasy Football draft took too darn long. lol

If you need anything else let me know. We could bring a few things if need be.

J

22. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey everyone the cookout will be tomorrow.

I would like to get a concrete list of everyone who is attending and what they may want to bring.

Please post here and if you need directions please PM me or post in this thread.

Chris

23. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Hey Chris. I'll be there, sans children. My wife is taking them to a birtday party tomorrow. I'll still have to split around 4-4:30 though to give her enough time to get ready for work.

I'll bring whatever you need. Just let me know.

What is the 'official' start time anyway?

24. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I figure around 1:0 to 2:00 tomorrow and the same probably on Sunday

25. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Sounds good buddy. See you (and hopefully many others) then.

Oh, I still have no idea as to what to bring. I hate coming empty handed. If you can think of something you really need, just let me know. If not I'll just bring whatever I manage find along the side of the road ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.