main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive labpizza art (UPDATE 29/09/05)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by labpizza, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SIUEA_DOOGUAS

SIUEA_DOOGUAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    LABPIZZA, these are great! i like your work! keep showing us more!

2. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    labpizza: no prob! And nice new stuff :D
    I noticed, you like Clones (don't you^^), so why don't you make an ARC Trooper or a Commando Clone? :D

3. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    I love the new editions to your collection. Keep em coming.:)
    -Arsnl

4. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    I like your redesign on the pilot's helmet. It's a lot less huge and wonky than the ones from the movie. The drawing itself also has a great sketchy quality to it.

The two Grievous pics are terrific. I especially like the twist on his torso in the first one.

5. labpizza

labpizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    Whhoot... 1 more exam.. tommrow and thats foundations of maths.. what do we need it for?

[image=http://img275.echo.cx/img275/2109/designcoloureditagain6ln.jpg]

anyway. heres a t-shirt design i made. my friend thinks i should print it... i'm not sure though.

I've recived a bit of crit on this picture actually 2 from 2 people. one about his blades which i have hopefully fixed. and another about his hands. which i am yet to fix.

go crap! go!

6. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    I like it. It has an interesting composition with his torso sort of twisting along the edge of the imperial symbol. The only thing about the blades that I notice is that you rendered the blood stains 'raster' style, while the rest of the colouring is vector. It kind of makes them stand out.

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I think this would be a fantastic t-shirt, labpizza! I think wick's observation about the "complimentary curvatures" of the trooper's body and the Imperial symbol is right on--it really lends a good solidity to the piece. I don't know squat about "vector" or "raster" layers, so I can't comment on those (techno-doof)--but I like the design of this very much! If you do t-shirts with it, what will they be for?

FF

8. kamna_jedi

kamna_jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    gosh,everyone is so good. i know nothing..... you have put me to shame. hehehee love your stuff, it's like semi anime/ american cartoon

9. labpizza

Apr 28, 2005
    wicktone - Thanks wick (hope you don?t mind me calling you that for short) for the crit. much appreciated... i'm going to try work on the torso.. I think i've already conjured up something to at least fit it.. just a little.
    I dont know why you're calling the picture a vector though. because ALL of it was done on raster layers o___o but i think i know what you mean. um. yeah.

FalconFan - Um. well you see. i do work experience at a printing factory. they said i could print something on a t-shirt. so um.. i though i might do something that consisted of my artwork. =P
    so i guess its just for fun/ personal use. thats all =P

kamna_jedi - no way! i have no right to put you to shame!! though i guess other people have a right to put me to shame.. buuut.. i have to agree. wonderful stuff is posted on here!! *___* (did this make any sense. i hope so...)

oh yuh! exams are finished. yay!
    but aww.. now i have to lug a heavy bag and a art diary to school everyday. again.

10. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    labpizza posted on 6/12/05 5:39am
    Whhoot... 1 more exam.. tommrow and thats foundations of maths.. what do we need it for?

[image=http://img275.echo.cx/img275/2109/designcoloureditagain6ln.jpg]

anyway. heres a t-shirt design i made. my friend thinks i should print it... i'm not sure though.

I've recived a bit of crit on this picture actually 2 from 2 people. one about his blades which i have hopefully fixed. and another about his hands. which i am yet to fix.

go crap! go!
    [hr][/blockquote]

Looks nice, keep it up! And thx you took my clone request^^ [face_happy]

11. labpizza

Apr 28, 2005
    [image=http://img299.echo.cx/img299/6363/designcoloureditagain023mb.jpg]
    k, thanks for the crit from wick which i really appreciated. i attempted to fix up his body. i quickly sketched it. so incase anything is wrong i can easly erase it.. n' stuff..
    (i didnt add the colour or the logo)

Corran_Fett - this wasent really the request i had in mind... i was planning something diffrent o___o i gotta work on some other request. especially one that i've held back for so long (due to exams)

12. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Looks great! I like the design for this guy... it's just a little different than what we're used to seeing for troopers, but not so much that it looks crazy.

13. labpizza

Apr 28, 2005
    Here's a old reject oekaki drawing of grevious, coloured n' stuff in photoshop.
    [image=http://img271.echo.cx/img271/5366/35complete4kt.jpg]
    Im making a tutorial out of it for a friend blah blah. because she dosent know how to use photoshop at all.

14. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    I love the glow of the lightsaber bouncing off his face and shoulders. It looks great, especially with the very bright green against a muted blue background.

15. labpizza

Apr 28, 2005
    [image=http://img48.echo.cx/img48/8227/t****1go.jpg]
    er... stop me from putting stuffs in my post... thing.
    Heres a T-shirt i printed last wendsday. I prepared the screen for this t-shirt before my exams which was like 3 weeks ago. so. i guess i finnaly came round to printing it...

sorry about the lighting in the pic. its night. n' stuff. mabye i'll get a friend to take a photo of me in it. =P

"I'm Luke skywalker and im here to rescue you" =P

16. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oooo, liking the Grievous piece! wicktone is right about the highlights of the saber here--very cool, and well done. I also like the background, with the repeating circular/scalloped motif--very stylized and distinctive, without detracting from the subject. Great piece! I like the t-shirt, too--very simple, yet eye-catching, with the lighter symbol on the black shirt. Good choices!

FF

17. labpizza

Apr 28, 2005
    [image=http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/5508/madaloirianyo028ym.jpg] - bad picture of a mandalorian that resembles Sherruk in KOTOR

[image=http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/2277/charcolsith5fm.jpg] - damn ugly Chibi Sith Patrol guy! i like their voices. there cute when i dont draw them XD

huh What? i havent been playing KOTOR!? what are you talking about!?

[image=http://img342.imageshack.us/img342/6772/trooperwithpen048ud.jpg] - another bad one! Rushed both the colouring and lineart in this one.. erm. also dont ask me what hes doing.. just um. use your imagination and he be doing whatever you want him to be doing?

[image=http://img316.imageshack.us/img316/6287/11194446381cr.png] - this guy is really out of porportion. it was an oekaki, i didnt feel like continuing it because it looked so bad, then i submited it, now i cant continue it! my bad! XD

okay i know you dont want to look at my art (if your not, i use jedi mind trick on you! ;)) but heres one last pic, a WIP infact, a request from Daankin!
    yes i'm still working on it! but the way i do lineart on computer is a long and boring process, okay boring at times, long, to me.
    [image=http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/8018/fasfasf22wl.jpg]

such a big update for such a big break, i feeling so out of place, please ignore me, and we'll get allong fine XD [face_blush]

18. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    **laughing out loud at labpizza's "musings"...** ;)

I like all of these, labpizza, but I think your little clone trooper with the pencil (?) is my favorite, with the lineart concept for Daankin being next. You really have a great style--styles, actually--and do a great job of rendering movement and volume. The fellow in the first piece looks wonderful, although I'm having a bit of trouble defining the position of his legs (I think he's jumping...?), and your "Sith Patrol guy" is actually very good--I like the shading and the swirling fabric there. We love to see the "fast-work" pieces, too--shows what the artist's "process" is like! Nice post!

FF

19. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Great work labpizza. I agree with Falcon, I love the little trooper with the pencil...and erm...I don't think I want to know what he's doing with it. On another note you should draw one with a large comb (like the Spaceballs gag "combing the desert" ! :D Hilarious stuff!)

Keep it up and hope to see more.

20. Daankin

Daankin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2002
    Yo Lab,

I'm lovin the junk details on my request it's looking sweet.;)

Also lovin the troopers. The pencil troop is cool but I also like the Mandalore KOTR dude. Looks like he could be a foil chase card from Topps.

D[:D]

21. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    The stormy with the pencil is my favourite - he's just so cool.

22. Exx

Exx Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    yeh, I think i've seen you on my DA page lately....you're style is so awsome & unique! everyone is chibi-fied^^-i absolutly love it!...& your most recent colored pic of Grievous i commented & faved on DA...cartoonie Grevious is just awsome x_x....keep up the badass work my friend^_-

23. wicktone

Dec 30, 2003
    Wow, what a fantastic update! All of these are so cool and so different from each other...

The first one has outstanding line-weight. The character really pops off the page, and I love what you did with the smoke.

The second one would make a terrific avatar. I'm starting to really like chibi-style stuff, since it's just so different from what you normally see. It reminds me of those new action figures of the storm troopers with the big heads. I want one of those...

The third one is my favorite. It's a bit bizarre, but I love it. I love how you drew the helmet, with the slightly different sized eye sockets. Very, very unique stylization. It's great to see something stylized that doesn't look like the Clone-Wars cartoon. And terrific job on his hands!

The fourth one... great bounce light. He is out of proportion, but the stylization really helps overcome that.

And the last one I can tell is going to turn out awesome. There's a lot of mood in your composition; with the lonely droid taking a break from his monotonous work to look out towards the horizon.

24. labpizza

Apr 28, 2005
    Sorry for the lack of... uuh.. just about anything i could be doing on this site. on my part. i got myself a money. er. i mean A JOB! [face_whistling] i said nothing! so i'm really busy with that... i mean hell i dont even have enough time to go to the shops to get a sketch book ran out of my other one. but thats okay. i sketch in photoshop.. not as good as the real thing though.
    bet your jealous? no? hehe j/k j/k :p
    So i grabed on of my old pictures today, and coloured it in... like a colouring book but on PC!

[image=http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/7967/lukedagobah1hx.jpg]

Babies attack people...:eek:

25. labpizza

Apr 28, 2005
    FalconFan ? Thanks for the comment FF! I think the stormtrooper is jumping? I don?t really know? he needs a cookie.
    Hm hm fast work? Like sketches? Ak! I don?t even have a sketchbook. Well one that has pages I can ACTUALLY draw in!!
    I needa buy one. Quite obviously... :p

Corellian_Rogue ? spaceballs gag? I don?t get it. o_O have a cookie!!
    I don?t think I want to know what the trooper is doing either

Daankin ? Ello! I put your request on a hold yet a gain, the colouring I did is bad.. :_| I?m trying to think my way out of such bad colouring!
    So its glad to hear from ya! Seeming I haven?t got a email... not that there is a need for one. o_O

soitscometothis ? Heheh thank you! [face_blush]

Exx ? you been to my page? That?s so shame-full.. for the both of us... :p

wicktone ? thanks wicktone! I loves robots (heheh that could be quite wrong) Take HK from KOTOR for example! Hes so cute!! Or even Guilty Spark from Halo.. cute cute? aww..
    I don?t know why I speak of this... [face_worried]

Making use of emoticons is fun [face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.