main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Labyrinth, baby, Labyrinth...

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Skylark, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    I love the character that says this:

"Come inside! Have a nice cup of tea!"

The worm is adorable!!!

Sorry to get off the subject of what ya'll were saying but that worm is so ADORABLE!! Or so I kept on saying last night while I was watching that with one of my sisters ;)

2. Newsfop

Newsfop Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2002
    If you're curious about reflexive easter eggs (hidden images in a movie from the same movie) take a seriously close and detailed look at Sarah's room. Every character she meets as well as every setting in the kindom is represented within her own room at the beginning (as well as the creepy facsimile in the junk yard).

"Dance package pants!"
    "No one can blame you . . . for staring at my pants!"

3. Friend_of_Skylark

Friend_of_Skylark Jedi Knight star 5

May 19, 2002
    David Bowie and his magical mystical jockstap!

All hail!

*bows and chants his name three times*

4. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    *bows solemly and worships*

5. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
  6. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    definiently needs another up.

7. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Man I feel kinda dumb saying this but I love this movie!

I remember watching it for the first time on the Disney channel like 6 or 7 years ago.I have to get the DVD.(I have two copys of the video)

Best scene was the whole part were Sara is first thrown into the Labyrinth.Does anybody have the book?

8. Friend_of_Skylark

May 19, 2002
    This is the place where you're supposed to feel stupid if you haven't seen or don't like the movie. It's a wonderfully stupendous movie!!! I love Jereth! I love Ludo! I love Hoggle! I love Sir Didymous! I love the Bog of Eternal Stench! :) :p Now I'm just being silly.

9. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Okay I really don't care what people think i'm posting here. [face_plain]

What about the Oobleyet?! 8-}

I tried getting a copy of the Novel but its pretty much out of print. :(
    Out of all of Sara's sidekicks I liked Hoggle the best.he was the most animated.

10. Imperial_March

Imperial_March Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Chilly down with the fire gang

11. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    I loved that part. ;)

12. Moyima

Moyima Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    i have an old copy of the novel... I didn't realize it was so rare.

*clutches the book*

13. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Trust me-its rare. ;)

I've searched the web inside and out looking for that.The only way you can get a copy now is if someone sells it at a garage sale or something.

14. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Don't be ashamed to post here!!! This movie/book is awesome!

Drat. Now I'm gonna have to scope out every garage sale looking for the book [face_plain]

15. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Crap on a stick! I want that novel!

If anyone wants to part with it, I've got a novelization of The Dark Crystal to give up. :(

Oh yeah...I was bummed to notice that no Labyrinth songs made their way onto the Best of Bowie compilation, but guess what is on the DVD of his music videos? "Underground" and "As The World Falls Down".

I'm assuming the latter is the scene from the movie, but did "Underground" get a full-length music video? I guess I'll find out when I get around to buying the DVD.

I'm gonna watch Labyrinth again tonight...My favorite part is probably just the opening credits, and when Sarah runs home from the park. The park and her whole town looks exactly where I grew up the first time I saw the movie, in 1987.

16. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    From what I remeber Underground did get a full music video. If I remember right it was similar to the final scene of the movie, mainly Sarah in her room and then all the goblins appearing and dancing to the song.

17. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Sturm---I want the Dark Crystal novelization as well-that is another great movie.Somebody should make a thread about that,or did Lucas have any part in that? :confused:

If anybody is interested Barnes and Noble.com is selling the Soundtrack on CD. :)

18. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    >> Oh yeah...I was bummed to notice that no Labyrinth songs made their way onto the Best of Bowie compilation, but guess what is on the DVD of his music videos? "Underground" and "As The World Falls Down".

Best of Bowie has a different tracklisting in each territory. Underground was a hit here in New Zealand (and in Chile, apparently) so our release(s) of the compilation has "underground" included :)

illustrated-db-discography.nl/Best_list.htm

As for Dark Crystal - while a number of Lucas associates (Oz, Kurtz, Burtt etc) worked on the film, unless ILM or Skywalker Sound helped in some way, this would be best discussed in the Amphitheatre or YJCC.

Even if Skywalker sound or ILM did contribute, the general focus of any subsequent Dark Crystal thread here should be the involvement of those subsidiaries, not a general appreciation thread.

19. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Understood :D

20. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Yes ILM did contribute to both Dark Crystal and Labrynth, although at least for one of those films (don't remember which) ILM is not specifically listed in the credits, but a lot of the ILM artists are listed in the special FX section of the credits. Many ILM artists worked on those films mainly on matte paintings.

What I would like to know is if anyone knows if Stefen Fangmeier was involved in the CG owl on the Labrynth opening.

21. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    The two films had some type of connection,they were sold in a two pack online. :)

What I would like to know is if anyone knows if Stefen Fangmeier was involved in the CG owl on the Labyrinth opening.

Sorry,I have no idea. :(That brings up a very good topic though-the opening credits were very well done. :D

22. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    The opening credits kinda had me confused for a minute when I first saw it (A long long time ago) until she whipped out the book [face_laugh]

23. Friend_of_Skylark

May 19, 2002
    what's this doing all the way down here??? up you beautiful Goblin baby!!

24. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Threads here take a week to drop off the front page. Please don't "up" them.

If you must see your favourite thread at the top, then please take the time to add something to the discussion.

25. Friend_of_Skylark

May 19, 2002
    ok What's your favorite scene in Labyrinth? Discuss. Mine has to be the ballroom bubble scene. All those beautiful ballgowns and freaky masks just make my day!! :D The Falco video for Rock Me Amadeus kinda reminds me of it for some reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.