main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Labyrinth, baby, Labyrinth...

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Skylark, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Tuff question.

Probably when the gang reaches the city and the whole part leading up to the Final Confrontation in the messed up room. When their in the city it kinda makes you wonder whats outside the labyrinth-- They should although the chances are slimmer than anything, make a sequel. :)

2. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    my favorite was also the dancing part. I love that song and I like Bowie's lip gloss 8-} it's pretty! but anyhow that part always makes me smile.

3. Friend_of_Skylark

Friend_of_Skylark Jedi Knight star 5

May 19, 2002
    Not to mention the song is gorgeous. :) As the World Falls Down has to be my favorite from the movie. Underground I think is my second. I should get that soundtrack with the money I'm getting taking back one of the two copies of Blackwood Farm I got.

4. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    I have the soundtrack. Now all I have to do is steal it back from my sister!

That is a pretty song.

5. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    You don't already have it, FoS? :eek: No...that's not true! That's impossible! :_|

Anyway, I just bought it the other day. Loving each and every 29 minutes ( ! ) of the disc. :) My favorite tracks are "Magic Dance", "Opening Titles including Underground", and "Sarah".

I'm gonna have "As The World Falls Down" at my wedding someday. Um, am I the first guy to ever type/utter those words? [face_plain]

By the way, my favorite scene is the opening credits, Sarah in the park with Merlin, and then Sarah running home. Perfect opening to a movie. It bookends with the ending awesomely as well.

6. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Hmmm now I gotta go watch this movie. :)

7. Friend_of_Skylark

May 19, 2002
    Sturm: Nope, that is at the top of my list as well.

8. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Not to pick on the movie-and it might be just me but does anybody find themselves responding when Sarah says. "I can't do anything right! Can I?!" by saying something "Nope you can't" [face_plain] sarcasticly offcourse. I think some of her lines sound too childish before she starts acting like a adult when she has to go through the Labyrinth. :)

Edit- Another example being= "You really wanted to talk to me did'ent you? Practicly broke down the door!" [face_shocked]

9. Mrs_Kitty

Mrs_Kitty Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2002
    SaberGiiett7 she is just a child. She's very childish. That is the way the character is supposed to be. She finally realizes at the end that it is time to grow up and give up childish dreams.

10. Yoda_yo_mama

Yoda_yo_mama Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 18, 2002

Natalie Portman and Jennifer Connelly are two hot babes I'd sit through any movie to see.

11. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Yeah but Jennifer's prettier though. [face_love]

Mrs_kitty- Yeah I know I was just really hoping that was not done unintentionally(sp?) ;)

12. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    SaberGiiett7 I also believe this was her first movie, before this she was just a model

13. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    In that case she did a excellent job acting for her first role. :D Despite being plagued by a few corny lines here and there. Maybe its just because I'm getting older and this is targeted at kids about 3 to 9-but I will still never grow out of this movie. :cool:

14. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    I will still never grow out of this movie.

Me either :D

15. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    I have to finish up watching my brand new DVD version tonight :). Alot of good extra features I might add, alot of DVD's coming out are full of crappy features. :(

16. Skylark

Skylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Dude....I have not been in here for such a long time....amazing.

I was talking to a guy last night and I knew he was cool when he said Labyrinth was one of his favorite movies!

17. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    alot of DVD's coming out are full of crappy features.

I've got some DVD's that don't even have special features. [face_plain]

18. Tobie_Wan

Tobie_Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2002
    Big Labyrinth fan checking in here. Man I miss Jim Henson sometimes!

Did anyone play the really old Labyrinth computer game? I used to play it on my Commodore 64. Wow that's old!

19. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    So do I Kitty :mad:. Welcome to the thread Tobie :D, I'm only fifteen so I'm not old enough to have played the game.. but I have heard of it. [face_shocked]-- Maybe it was on a website or something. <[-]>

20. Friend_of_Skylark

May 19, 2002
    My bf just bought the video and I can't wait to watch it again. I need to find someone with the DVD so I can check out all the awesome special features. What kind are there does anyone care to tell?

21. Mrs_Kitty

May 23, 2002
    Friend_of_Skylark the only special features it has are:

"Inside the Labyrinth" "Making-of Documentary"

Theatrical Tralers: "Labyrinth", "The Dark Crystal", and "The Storyteller"

Talent Files: Jim Henson, David Bowie, Jennifer Connelly, and George Lucas

22. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    For those of you Labyrinth fans (like me) looking to get the DVD, keep this little tid-bit in mind. The current DVDs look and sound great with lots of extras...

...that being said, both films are coming out in brand-new Superbit versions (albeit with no extras.) I intend to double-dip on this one: my current DVDs for the documentaries, and the SUperbits for the day when I get my 60-inch plasma widescren! :D

BTW, Connelly is a BABE!!!

(I love how films with my girlfriends are being discussed on this forum. Howard the Duck with Leia Thompson---Oooh lah lah :p )

23. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    is it just me or is this the

BEST DAMN THREAD EVER!!!!!!!!!!!1

I LOVE the labyrinth movie! its so fantastic! i love the music, the actors and JARETH!....david bowie is soo FANTASTIC

"Ludo...DOWN"

"dance, magic dance magic dance!"

I LOVE IT

on another note, i also love the DARK CRYSTAL and its soundtrack is beautiful!

this is the best thread in all of TFN

(imoo)

24. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Yeah this is a good thread ;). I was just curious who actually saw it when it was originally released in the Theaters?

25. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    not me

i saw it on tv :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.