Labyrinth, baby, Labyrinth...

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Skylark, Jun 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    > I was just curious who actually saw it when it was originally released in the Theaters?

Me. I was a huge muppet fan as a kid. After seeing Labyrinth I became a huge Jennifer Connelly fan...

[face_mischief]
  2. malducin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I saw it too at the theatre, and the same thing happened to me as jp-30, became a huge Jennifer Connely fan. :p
  3. Skylark Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I only saw it very recently. I had heard about it when I was younger, and I always wanted to see it, but didn't! :(

So, no, I haven't seen it in theaters. Though I really wish I had. It would be awesome to resurrect in theaters!!
  4. Mrs_Kitty Jedi Knight

star 5
    I never watched it in the theaters. My parents had it on VHS :D
  5. SaberGiiett7 Jedi Master

star 6
    I caught it on the Disney channel like 8 years ago. (first time) I'm not a real big Jennifer Conelly fan though. ;)

Where's the Laby in the border?! :(
  6. Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I didn't see it in theaters, but when I saw it on VHS it scared the heck out of me (come on! Pre-school!)
  7. SaberGiiett7 Jedi Master

star 6
    What parts are scary? 8-}

The Goblins? :confused:

I remember watching and loving the whole Bog Of Eternal Stench fiasco as little kid. That still remains as my favorite point in the movie. :D
  8. Mrs_Kitty Jedi Knight

star 5
    I remember watching and loving the whole Bog Of Eternal Stench fiasco as little kid. That still remains as my favorite point in the movie.

Mine too :D

Me and my older brother use to point at each other and say, "That sounds just like you :p"
  9. SaberGiiett7 Jedi Master

star 6
  10. Arwen_Solo Jedi Youngling

David Bowie was amazing. I loved this film. :D
  11. SaberGiiett7 Jedi Master

star 6
    Then your in the right thread. ;)Only trouble is getting a little more traffic in here. :(

<[-]> Saber
  12. k-man Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I saw it in the theaters as well. The only reason I knew about it was because it was featured in Bantha Tracks before it's release.
  13. Skylark Jedi Padawan

star 4
  14. k-man Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I was going to up this baby yesterday, but no one seems to have anything to say.

:(
  15. SaberGiiett7 Jedi Master

star 6
    I have something to say, what's "Bantha Track's"? :confused:

<[-]> Saber
  16. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 10
    The original Star Wars Fan Club magazine. It was eventually revived as "Star Wars Insider" around the time of the Special Editions.

[link=http://www.artoosnews.com/banthatracks/] Here's a good Banth Tracks retrospective [/link]

17. SaberGiiett7 Jedi Master

star 6
    Hmmmmm interesting. Thanks for the link jp-30! :)What do you say we get some discussion going in here again? ;)Anybody up for it? :confused:

Topic - What's everybody's perspective on why everything in Sarah's room is different part's or stage's of the Labyrinth and the castle?

<[-]> Saber
  18. k-man Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I think there's a number of reasons for that.

a) the entire thing was a psychotic episode and the Labrynth world was one Sarahcreated for herself, like The Wizard of Oz or Alice in Wonderland,

b) Jareth the Goblin King created his realm based on what Sarah liked, so that she'd find it as appealing and join him there,

or c) coincidence.

(Thank God this forum finally got a topic.)
  19. k-man Jedi Youngling

star 3
  20. malducin Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well it could also be a bit more abstract, like the stuff is foreshawing what will happen, kinda prophetic. It's just a storytelling device in the end.
  21. SaberGiiett7 Jedi Master

star 6
    k-man: I personally prefer option b) as the true scenario. I would hate it if the goblins and Jareth are just figments of Sarahs imagination. [face_plain]Labyrinth is better than that, although a) makes perfect sense as well. :)

malducin: I'm digging your thoughts on what it meant too.

Now that this thread has caught its appropiate amount of "Zzzzzz's" lets get some discussion going! :D

<[-]> Saber
  22. k-man Jedi Youngling

star 3
    What are your thoughts on why Jareth is "fair" in appearance while the goblins are...well, goblins, muppets. They're short and rubbery while he's tall and refined -- they're all goblins though.
  23. Danny77573 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Not That way... Never go that way...

The worm ROCKS!

Oh yeah, that little guy who rides the dog is cool too. Can't remember his name, though.
  24. k-man Jedi Youngling

star 3
    The dog was named "Ambrosious" or something like that. Can't remember the little guy's name though.
  25. Mrs_Kitty Jedi Knight

star 5
    [image=http://www.astrolog.org/labyrnth/still/l10.gif]

Sir Didymus
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.