main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Labyrinth of Evil questions

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Tedakin, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tedakin

Tedakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    I'm pretty new to the SW expanded universe, but I have 2 questions. I'm reading LOE, and I noticed in the book that it says Anakin received his scar during the battle with Asajj Ventress on Yavin 4, yet in the Clone Wars cartoon this is not the case. Is that just a continuity error or did they meet again? Also it says Anakin fought Dooku twice before ROTS. One was in AOTC. When was the second time?

Thanks!

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    I don't remember from the Cartoon exactly where Anakin got his scar, so I can't comment on that.

The other time Anakin fought Dooku was in the game New Droid Army for Gameboy (I think). It's since been retconned as a Force Doppler of Dooku, not the actual Dooku.

3. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Anakin receives the scar from his duel with Asajj Ventress in republic #71 on Coruscant.

Anakin fights Dooku 4 times in total, AotC, RotS, the Clone Wars video game, and The New Droid Army videogame (a force doppelganger/clone).

Hope that answers your questions

4. ausar_vos

ausar_vos Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2004
    well the cartoon says nothing about where he got the scar. It shows you the same scene as the one in obsession #1 where Anakin meets Padmé after his fight with Asajj on Coruscant, where he got his scar. So there is no contradiction. But if Luceno says he got the scar on Yavin 4, THAT, would be a continuity error. He got the scar in Republic #71. This is where he thought he'd killed Ventress for good.

5. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    "Anakin fights Dooku 4 times in total, AotC, RotS, the Clone Wars video game, and The New Droid Army videogame (a force doppelganger/clone)."

So technically, Anakin is referring to his brief duel on Raxus Prime in The Clone Wars, as the Dooku doppleganger in NDA doesn't really count as the Count himself.

And here's the line from LoE:

"His face scarred from a contest with Dooku-trained Asajj Ventress". (p4)

So there's no problem there. :)

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yep- Asajj survived her fall on Yavin and later fought Anakin again on Coruscant where she gave him that scar.

And I'd agree that the dopplganger Dooku doesn't count and they're referring to the encounter on Raxus Prime in the CW game.

7. Tedakin

May 15, 2002
    Thanks for the replies guys. I do remember seeing a clip of Anakin fighting Dooku in the Clone Wars game. With soooo many Star Wars books, comics and games and so many different authors it's hard not to contradict at times.

8. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I thought the doppelganger was actually controlled by the real Dooku though? Like a puppet?

Alhtough in Dark Rendez-vous he seems to have little recollection of it ...

9. Tedakin

May 15, 2002
    I checked the book, and yeah it says Anakin received the scar from Ventress, but does not say it was on Yavin 4. My mistake. Thanks for the responses guy. :)

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.