main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Lack of EU characters in TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by K'Kruhk, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Is anyone else disappointed with the lack of EU characters that have appeared in TCW? After nearly 100 episodes we have only seen (IIRC) seven EU characters: Asajj Ventress, Gorga Desilijic Aarrpo, Ky Narec (albeit in flashbacks), and Boss, Fixer, Sev and Scorch from Delta Squad.

Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura don't count since they appear in the films.

A few cameos of some EU characters here and there wouldn't hurt.

Esg and Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan like this.
  2. Palpmobile

Palpmobile Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2012
    More EU characters = more continuity problems

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    + More wrecked characters.

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If a character is handled well then there won't be any wrecked things.

5. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Vos was planed and mentioned in Ep3 but never seen.
    Too bad they removed the Revan & Bane thing for Mortis that would have been cool, but the arc worked out really well so...
    I don't mind them not having that much EU characters actually but I would have really liked to see that Revan & Bane thing they have planned for Mortis but I think Mortis is f their best work so they probably made the right choice to exclude them...
    I would however see more of movie characters like season 1 had instead of these random rebels, younglings and droids we've never heard of as the main characters.
    Let's have more Mace Windu, Ki-Adi Mundi, Tarkin, Yularen...
    They did a great job on Vos though he had a great connection with Obi-Wan wouldn't mind seeing that again.

Having all that said, let's get to the bottom of what I'm saying: I wouldn't mind having more EU characters but I've never "enjoyed" them just as much as the movie characters so it isn't a need for me.

6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Quinlan Vos was never in the movies so he is a EU character

7. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    Yes he was, he appears in TPM and was mentioned in ROTS. Therefore he is a movie character.

8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    The way Vos was portraited in TCW wasn't exactly the way I imagined him to be like.
    I don't want TCW to use EU characters for the same reasons as the others already mentioned.
    Although, seeing Jaxxon in TCW probably won't hurt...

9. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    So, what EU characters would you like to see in TCW? Callista Masana would be interesting.

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Jaxxon?! THe Rabbit? Wasn't his corpse in the Void?! ;)

Isn't her life too complicated for TCW.

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    She's already appeared in a TCW novel- No Prisoners.

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Does that count!?

13. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I don't know if it counts any more than Quinlan Vos appearing for a brief shot in TPM and having one line stated about him in RotS.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I went nuts when I heard about and saw the Darth Bane and Darth Revan character models they made for Mortis...that would have been freaking amazing.

K'Kruhk likes this.
  15. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Depends on if you consider TCW novels a valid supplement to the series.

16. K'Kruhk

Dec 11, 2011
    Raith Sienar, Sate Pestage, Kinman Doriana, Xizor, Durge, Garm Bel Iblis, K'Kruhk, T'ra Saa, Tholme, A'Sharad Hett, Kento Marek, Rahm Kota, Kazdan Paratus, Maris Brood, Voolvif Monn, Foul Moudama, Roron Corobb, Bant Eerin, Jax Pavan, Soon Bayts and Serra Keto among others.

I would include Tsui Choi, but he has a cameo in ROTS.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  17. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Good luck getting that by Cartoon Network's Disney's censors. :p

18. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Still include him - he's an EU character first, appearing in the Jedi Council: Acts of War in 2000.

[​IMG]
    :cool:

19. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I personally don't think that was him, it feels more like it was just a member of the same species (Lepi).

20. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    It's TCW, they like to destroy things...

Yeah, problem is, Revan is Revan, no "Darth" Revan. He died as a hero, he is a hero, so I have no idea why they could use him in this way.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    It might have been cool and I'll grant you that the models are fun to look at and tend to inspire my imagination, too. Still, for me there are at least two very good reasons for the two not to have appeared (in addition to LucasFilm's reasoning).

First, the deleted scene shows The Son almost being manipulated by the two Sith and I thought that quite an important point was made that the Dark Side is very much more than the Sith. That simple Darksiders don't equal the Dark Side, etc.

Second, Revan was redeemed to the Light Side. Why on Earth would he, of all Sith Lords, suddenly be showing up, offering advice to The Son, of all creatures? The IRL answer is probably that Darth Revan is a very popular character and it would be cool to see him doing his thing, but still, you know?

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    They prefer to ignore good things and do great things with them. Like ignoring my favorite CIS character Tikkes.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    They don't like EU :p

24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I guess when they already did the Clone Wars in the EU you would just ignore it so when you rehash their stories it's not as big a deal.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I know that not everyone counts themselves among the fans of The Force Unleashed series (and I'm not certain that, given the parameters of the discussion, TFU even qualifies as EU), but I enjoyed the character of Rahm Kota and, as I'd really like to see him make an appearance or three on The Clone Wars, I thought I'd take this opportunity to put in a good word.

The Clone War itself takes place in the years of the General's young prime, set during the time that Kota makes his name as a legitimate war hero. I'd welcome the chance to actually see Rahm choosing not to lead clones (in my mind, as a Jedi finally taking a stand against using soldiers who were never given the opportunity to decide for themselves a direction in life), opting instead to assemble his own volunteer militia. It might even be neat to see Kota team with Kento or Mallie Marek for an adventure.

Should the makers of TCW decide to invest in the necessary character models, the actual story almost writes itself. At the least, there are some nice themes already established with the character, just waiting to be explored. Call in Cully Fredricksen and we'd be on to a winner, methinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.