main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lack of Unifying Force

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Dargo_Seranek, Nov 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dargo_Seranek

Dargo_Seranek Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2001
    Hi, i was wondering if any other British people had struggled to get hold of this book in bookstores. It doesn't seem to be available in any shops near me???

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Move to the US so you can get it sooner.

3. Dargo_Seranek

Sep 27, 2001
    I feel that may be a little excessive, but we'll call that plan B!

4. darththundercat

darththundercat Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    do you have an ottakars near you, cause io know we keep it in?

if not we can always send you one from my brach but we would have to charge you postage

5. Dargo_Seranek

Sep 27, 2001
    Cheers for the suggestion mate. Chances are improving.

6. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

DEWORE-DEWKNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2002
    At least you get Fact Files....US buyers beware. ( They will charge you and won't send the mag)

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Oh really?

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Both my local Ottakars and Books Etc had TUF but they seem to have sold out. I got my copy from Amazon in the US to get the CD.

9. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    Couldn't you order it online? Like bn.com, that's world-wide, isn't it? :confused:

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I have ordered from both Amazon.com and bn.com and have found Amazon's shipping cheaper. (Both sites are US-based). I save bn.com for the last resort, such as when I found some of the Galaxy of Fear books on there and nowhere else.

11. Jedi_Hero

Jedi_Hero Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    I haven't been able to find it in Ontario yet. Neither Toronto or Brampton have had it.

12. darththundercat

Oct 7, 2003
    laj fett, where is your olcal ottakars?

do you read the in house sci-fi magazine coz i wrote the feature on the clone wars in the most recent issue and my girlfriend wrote the review for shatterpoint. we will be doing a joint feature on the NJO in the next issue

13. puppyglo

puppyglo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2003
    I ordered it from bn.com 'cause it was only $16, everywhere else it was $20. The grand total came to $20.17. (in the US)

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    darththundercat - my local store is in Staines, Middlesex, where I work. (That's out near Heathrow Airport). I have seen the in-store sci-fi magazine but I don't have the latest one. I'll have to see if they have it next week to see your articles.

15. darththundercat

Oct 7, 2003
    wow, small world, my current manager was the old manager of staines.

i only have the one article at the mo, but me and my girlfriend are doing a joint one for the next issue due in the spring. she has done 3/4 reviews in this issue though.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I did pick up the latest Ottakars sci-fi magazine in the store - was pretty good. I'll keep an eye out for the next one. Still no restock on TUF copies in Staines, though. (Books Etc doesn't have it either, so that's not a dig at Ottakars).

17. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    Raid the publishing company.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Was in my local Books Etc today and they have restocked TUF - had 4 or 5 copies still available.

19. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    They had it in Oxford last I was there (less than a week after it was released in the US).

20. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    Jedi_Hero, I was able to just walk into Chapters here in Ontario and pick TUF up. Which bookstores in Toronto have you checked? Cuz I know Coles and Smithbooks aren't very reliable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.