main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LACWAC 2009/10 & TCW Season 2 Mod Preview

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    SPOILERS

I'm sure you guys are well aware by this point, but the general policy here is that any *officially* released LFL media is not considered a spoiler, at least for the purposes of the general discussion thread. We made a separate thread for the TCW Visual Guide because there was some heavy plot spoilers for a couple of episodes.

So any books, comics, clips, previews, toys, et cetera, that reveal info about TCW Season 2 will be kept in the general discussion thread.

If you *have* to mention some Season 2 info in another thread, (a) you shouldn't, but (b) you should probably black-highlight the info just to be safe.

If you don't want to be tempted to watch the preview clips, or if you don't want to accidentally read about them, you might want to avoid the general discussion thread. It's easy to avoid because it's stickied to the top.

Remember that the clips IGN would post 24-48 hours before the episode aired would often have one of the coolest parts of the episode, which ruined it for some of us. Including me. [face_laugh]

THE EPISODES

Just like for Season 1, the mods will rotate creating the individual threads for each new episode. We tend to keep discussion of the new material to the episode threads for the first 2 weeks, after which time the info/scenes/plot becomes fair game for the entire LACWAC forum.

We have a non-spoiler thread, but it didn't see a lot of action, and given the weekly nature of the content, it doesn't have as much import as it did for TPM, AOTC and ROTS.

LIVE ACTION SERIES

We expect/hope(?) to start getting some more detailed information on the Star Wars Live Action Series in the upcoming year.

We're pretty sure that a whole swack of users that don't really care about animated series will be super excited about the LAS, and we can expect some new faces. You guys are a great community and I know you'll do your best to welcome them and hopefully prevent them from making redundant threads, etc.

CANON/CONTINUITY

We expect as time goes on, we're going to have more and more problems with established canon. Ryloth is an obvious example right now. The introduction of The Mandalorians and most likely Boba Fett has already started some heated discussion, and I can only imagine it will become more heated once the episodes air.

As always, canon/continuity is interesting to debate. But let's keep personal attacks out, and we'll remind you that this is still the LACWAC forum, so your conversations should focus on TCW and how it fits into canon, not a general discussion of the Saga vs. EU, various levels of canon, etc.

BANNER SUBMISSION THREAD

I keep bugging you guys about making new banners. We have some talented people here, and really, I'd love to rotate banners every week or two. I have absolutely no artistic or technical know-how whatsoever, but I'm ADD so I like staring at different banners all the time.

IDEAS/GENERAL COMMENTS

Please always feel free to PM any of our 3 mods with any comments, questions, thread ideas, poll ideas, contest ideas, et cetera.

We're looking forward to the new season. I was in school long enough that school starting in September + fall TV always makes it feel like the New Year. Good luck to all the students in the upcoming year, if you're working like me, part of you will miss being a student, part of you won't miss it one bit. [face_peace]

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, what he said.

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Sounds good, Garth. I'm still waiting for season two to begin before I create a banner. :)

4. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    The current banner looks good, but your right, we should have a new banner every couple of weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.