main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series LACWAC Banner Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Would you like to take a leap perhaps, Garth? ;)

2. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    How does one create a banner? Are there specific formats to be used? I would like to take a go at one....but not exactly sure how to approach it.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    No one wants to see that. Trust me. [face_laugh]

4. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    [face_laugh]

Saber; Here's the banner thread in Comms ? a useful guide. If you want a more detailed version (especially in creating stylesheets) Grimby's website is excellent.

In essence...

If you create two main images of 764x110 dimensions, a curve image roughly the size of 69x69, a side image with a 31 width and two small ad holders ... that's all you need. Reply images are only rarely made these days and stylesheets can be created in the blink of an eye if you're having trouble with them (which is entirely understandable). Let us know if you want a stylesheet made and I'll do it for you when you've completed a good banner.

The most important thing is to have fun with it, mate. It can be a lot of fun putting together your favourite images from Star Wars. :D

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask, both myself and Quest are banner-makers.

5. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    I never would have thought to look in the commuications forum (didn't actually know there was one). I took a look at those last night....very helpful. I plan to use them to help me construct a banner. We'll see how that goes. I'm just getting used to Photoshop.

6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Let me know if you need help or ever want an opinion/thoughts on anything mate!

Can't wait. :D

7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Ooooooo I LOVE this banner/stylesheet combo. Well done chaps.=D=

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Nice job, Quest.

9. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Very nice! It's definitely a nice change.

10. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Anymore banners in the pipeline then guys?

11. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    This banner is absolutely beautiful. I love the colors and the way it all blends and ties together. Maybe one of my favorites.

12. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Actually, a week or so ago, I sat down to try and make a banner and I was a bit confused about the directions. I'll have to go back and remember wthat that was so I can ask for a bit of help.

13. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    This is a 2ndQuest production. It belw me away when I first saw it. Its a really beautiful banner.[face_love]

14. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Agreed!

Good to hear, Sapes. :D

Regarding the pipeline, G, well, what do any banner makers out there have to say about this subject of new SSSW banners? ;)

15. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Gabe and DJK were my 'go to' banner peeps. ;)

This one's great. In terms of imagery, it's the less is more school of thought. It has all it needs. This is a great example of a beautiful banner. And the accompanying stylesheet works quite well.

16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    This is actually the Live Action, Clone Wars & Classics banner submission thread now. Would anybody like to be the first person to create a banner for this "new" forum? ;)

17. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    I'd have a crack at it, but I am hopeless when it comes to making banners the way TF.N banners go. Dunno why, just no good at it

18. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Is there anything I could help you with?

19. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Ugh... I'd probably take a crack at it, but "Live Action, Clone Wars & Classics" is such a terribly clunky name that I'd have difficulty.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You can use the LACWAC abbreviation if you'd prefer. Unless you'd rather wait 2 or 3 years for the forum title to be reduced to "Clone Wars & Classics", but that won't help us in the interim! ;)

21. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    What's the point in only having one board underneath the "Star Wars Television" forum? Might as well carve off new "Clone Wars Animated Series" and "Live Action Series" boards and leave the classics some room to breathe.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The category exists to make it easier to find the board- it was getting lost under the Movies and the EU categories it has been in previously). Categories with only one board are not without precedent- look at The Arena under Sports. In that case, it's like that in case a particular subject (say, Baseball) at some point warrants it's own forum to accommodate the traffic for it so other subjects are not lost amongst the baseball talk. Now that hasn't happened yet, but it's structured to be flexible to make it easy to do in the future if needed.

Something similar is going on with the TV category right now- the only difference is we know for a fact we're gonna make more than one forum in the future- we're just waiting until the traffic and information for the Live Action show warrants splitting it off. For the time being, the slow trickle of info is sufficiently covered by the 2 or 3 threads in here- there's just not enough to discuss to support it's own forum yet, mostly stemming from the show being a couple years down the road still.

The reverse for the Classics also applies: there isn't enough active discussion about them to support their own forum, but they still deserve a home to be discussed in, as there will be activity bumps for them whenever we get boxsets, etc released. So they'll stay with Clone Wars.

Now, those plans are obviously subject to change as traffic and interest dictates, but that's the current plan.

23. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    And my plan is when this forum gets a better name I'll perhaps remember it.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  25. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    How hard can LACWAC be to learn? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.