main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series LACWAC Banner Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, I'll think of something. I could make something like this.

2. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    You'd forever be my hero, GG! [:D]

3. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Banner is done.

I'll have a preview up for it probably within an hour or so. I just need to make some final adjustments. :p

My clone banner is done, so I'll be shipping it to Garth with this banner.

As much as I disliked the Mortis arc, I had fun working on this banner. http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/5686/test1un.png
    Between the two daggers, I'll most likely put LACWAC there. I'm still adjusting certain color issues. Anakin's facial scar is corrected too.

Will take any comments

4. Darth_Tarkus

Darth_Tarkus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2011
    Here's my comment: that banner kicks ass, dude.

5. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Thanks, Tarkus. :)

I went back and removed some of those stars/dots behind Anakin's face in the center of the image.

6. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Nice job, GG! :cool:

I love your choice of images, especially insane Ahsoka and the Son's gargoyle.

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    What he said.

8. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    GG, you're my hero!!!! :D

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Mos def one of your best yet. =D=

Love the concerned/intense looks on every character's face.

Because you know me, I can't leave anything alone, the only thing I'll say as a theme is that the Son is the only one in his "beast" form. Not a big deal though.:)

10. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Now if we could get a Plo Koon banner sometime in the future, you'd be my hero as well! :p

11. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Thanks, Fistofan. :)
    I actually thought of this Dark and Light theme based on what Humble recommended. I added in Anakin in the center struggling. I like that his head is looking toward the dark side.

Thanks!

Heh, no problem. Glad you like it.

Thanks, Garth!

I actually was thinking about adding in the Daughter's form, but she'd be smacking Obi-Wan in the face. :p

I still owe you a Plo Koon banner too. :p

12. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I'd love if you could squeeze in the Griffin... not sure where it should go though...

13. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Since there are two Anakins, maybe replace the one on the left with the griffin? Might also be neat to see the little troll guy in there.

14. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    ...or the Son! :p

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    The center Anakin is him struggling as the Chosen One. I figure that image of him is more neutral than the Anakin on the "dark side" of the banner, and that's why I slightly made him more transparent than the other images. I tried putting the Griffin within the image, but there's no "worried" look of her, and she sort of stands out compared to Obi-Wan and the father.

16. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    GG, if you need any images or stills, I'd be more than happy to help. I can take stills from almost anything in the episode, although I'm sure you could too... just say what you need, maybe I can help. :)

What do you mean by 'worried look'? You need the griffin with a worried look? I'm confuzzled. :p

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    If you take a look at the daughter, Obi-Wan, and the father (light side) and compare them to the gargoyle, Anakin, and Ahsoka (dark side), you will see the light side images have worried looks on their faces. I tried going through the episodes and find the Griffin with a worried look, but she kept having a darkened, mean look and that's not what I what for that light side part of the banner. Of course the father rarely had a sadden expression on his face, so I had to go with him dying.

And thanks for offering help. I might need a few images of Plo Koon from season two. :p

18. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Ahhh, I see what you mean now...

This one doesn't look that menacing, I think:

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110205054603/starwars/images/8/86/Griffin-AOM.jpg]

19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I already tried the one from Wookieepedia too. :p

I could make a whole separate banner focusing on the Griffin and gargoyle if anyone wants. For this banner, I wanted to show more of the dark side vs light side, and Anakin in the center as the Chosen One since that's the general theme for the Mortis arc.

20. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Ah, I didn't realize that one was also on the Wook.

I'd try my hand at a banner myself, but it seems to me it's a lot of work 'cutting out' characters and stuff. Unless there are some quick methods I'm unaware of...

21. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    They look great GG, nice job.

Now can we use them and get this ugly Darth Maul banner out of here? :p

I've been staring at it for months.

22. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    It's a very good banner, and I love it, but it's been up there for quite a while now.

I'm not going to try my hand at a banner anytime soon, I'm much too busy with the icons.

Besides, GG and Gry are probably doing a much better job at this than I could. I'd have to read some tutorials first, I suppose. If there are any, that is.

23. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Yeah, I agree that the M&Mauls has been up there far too long. I'll try to get GG's excellent Mortis banner up ASAP.

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Nice banner GG but oh.... i so wish i could just forget that Mortis-trilogy.... and now you're going to add it to banner....well... not my decision to make.... anyway Mauls have been there for so long it's time for change anyway....

25. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Banner looks fantastic, the dark grey or whatever of the style sheet is kinda hurting my eyes though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.