main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series LACWAC Banner Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by The2ndQuest , Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    How about this one? I know it's simple, but I kind of like it plain. All comments and crits welcome.

[image=http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/shmey2/CloneWarsBanner-Tatooine.jpg]

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Not bad, actually. A little plain. The rain in Tatooine falls mostly on the plains.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I like the simple idea- though it might be too stark. Perhaps add Jabba's Palace on the horizon or some Krayt Dragon bones?

4. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Ok...I added a few things...not too sure about the ship, but I like everything else.

[image=http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/shmey2/CloneWarsBanner-Tatooine2.jpg]

5. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Very cool, actually.

I might just take out the ship and move Jabba's Palace more to the right.

6. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Thank you, kind sir. Done.

[image=http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/shmey2/CloneWarsBanner-Tatooine3.jpg]

7. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    And the other one I was working on...first cut.

[image=http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii287/shmey2/AllMediaBanner.jpg]

8. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I actually really like the Tatooine one. You're getting quite the knack for this, Saber.

9. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Wow, you're putting some effort in now! :D

On the desert banner - looks great - last critique - would it be possible to make the krayt dragon bones, Anakin/Ahsoka/Artoo a tiny bit bigger, or does it throw off the rest of the scheme?

10. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    I will see what I can do. The way I made it could screw that up...but I'll take a look!

11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I like the Tatooine one as well. I might even suggest trying to add some faint moons in the skyline to add to the banner.

The one question I did have about it, though, was that on a 1024x768 resolution, can you see all of the writing for LACWAC? It seems to me that it would run off the screen a little. The majority of users here have 1024x768 or below (there's a poll about that I could dig up), so it must cater for them ... :)

But good job Saber!

12. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    ^^^^
    I really like the idea of adding the moons! I never even thought about that. I'll see what I can do!

As far as the resolution, I'll have to check and see if it does run off of the page!

13. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I honestly don't know why, but I felt creative today. I whipped out one of my styled banners.

See here

What do you think?

14. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    Tyi, I like both of them quite a bit. I particularly like the overall color scheme you used. Feels like I'm looking at something from Ziro's....

My only comment is the Clone trooper in the corner. To me, it looks a bit odd with all of the Jedi where its supposed to be the Clone Wars jedi. Otherwise, it looks good and I liked how you blended all of the images together.

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    That's a great banner, Tyi - I agree with Saber that the Clone Trooper is a little misplaced....it looks almost like he's going "D'oh! Too many Jedi" :D

16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Thanks you Saber! Thanks Garth! The Clone is part of the intricacies mixed in ... the Clones are who the Jedi lead, after all. I just loved that image. Do you really want it swapped out?

[face_laugh] It's the same banner, mate. :p

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't mind the clone, but the black space between him and Ahsoka doesn't look good.

18. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    All right, cheers again, I'll edit the curve image on that banner and see what'll happen.

To save uploading time if this is good ... :p in the meantime, here's another banner for LACWAC!

CHRISTOPHSIS

what do you think?

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    top man!

I'd maybe just slightly move over the jetpack trooper and Cody to the right....

20. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    You guys are truly doing LACWAC justice. I personally love your first one Tyi, but I'm a lightsaber enthusiast. Pretty colours!!

21. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    :confused: I am honestly confused by that. I wouldn't, personally. Also, I can't even see those troopers ... I am on a 1024x768 resolution. But I always check my banners in a higher resolution to cater for all, and it works well I thought.

Thanks Sublime! :D

22. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    That one looks awesome too Tyi. I like the "matte" painting feel of it!

23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Cheers, mate. That's how I make banners ... that's how I have to make them, actually. [face_shhh]

Update on the JEDI banner:

Altered version

Hit 'refresh' if the clone curve doesn't change, as it's the same webpage.

24. SaberJedi2

Apr 5, 2007
    I like that one better. The henchmen in the corner are more fitting than the clones. Well done, sir.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Looks very good- but is there any intentional effect on Ahsoka? Or is she just pixelated from being enlarged?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.