main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    [face_hypnotized] @ long posts...

:p

Looks good, Seerow!

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
  4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    As a Separatist I love a good and evil purple. ;)

6. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Wait, I don't get it, how is purple evil? :confused:

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Many things that are evil in cartoon are purple.

The Foot Clan Soldiers in TMNT are purple. The Decepticons in majority of their appearance including "Fall of Cybertron" have a purple emblem and have purple visors and lights that represent them and so on.

And so are the Separatists...

LordMortis315 likes this.
  8. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    You sure it's not 'cause they idolize Tinky Winky? [face_beatup]

I kid, I kid. :p

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    ROFL

LordMortis315 likes this.
  10. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Orange is my favorite color. But it's an eye sore against the bright background :p

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    AkashKedavra_93
    Ok.. Not purple but the same color as the separatist have on their ships and vulture droids.

12. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
  13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    DAT! ;)

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Ok Mr. Purple Evil, your up Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan.

Ladies and Gentlemen it is time for out very first permaboard member interview. Put your hands together for our Tikkes obsessed buddy DanGrievous, my latest victim. Okay, here is how this works. There are 20 questions. Some about TCW, some about Star Wars in general, some about favorite movies, and books; just have fun with the answer but no crappy 4 word answers please, I will tag you to answer and you must tag me back. You have until next Sunday to complete the interview in which case I move on, unless its my fault we don't finish that is. Folks can feel free to ask there own question between mine or at the end of the interview. Lets go!

1. Alright so tell me a bit about your username Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan. Wow your name is long and mix of characters and probably your name. Are you like the Grievous Tikkes shipper or something?

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow Understood!

Too true. My name is longish.
    Originally I was not so into forums and stuff but one day I created my original Youtube Account and decided to go by "dan_grievous". I did consider going by Dan Tikkes but Grievous sounded more menacing in the name. Then it stuck and since then I have joined dozens of forums by the name of Dan Grievous - the way SW people know me on Youtube.
    The Tikkes part was added recently.
    Since many have noticed I am a crazy Tikkes fanatic, I decided to add it during the move from the Temp forums (cause this place still counted Dan Grievous). Initially just to avoid the message "Username is taken" during the registration here, I decided to add the main thing I am in SW - Tikkes fan.
    I wondered about changing it. But as with the first use of Dan Grievous, it stuck and it sounds nice after posting time and again under this moniker.

I wish! :p

16. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Ladies and Gentlemen, put your hands together for our pal TaradosGun, my latest victim. Okay, here is how this works. There are 20 questions. Some about TCW, some about Star Wars in general, some about favorite movies, and books; just have fun with the answer but no crappy 4 word answers please, I will tag you to answer and you must tag me back. You have until next Sunday to complete the interview in which case I move on, unless its my fault we don't finish that is. Folks can feel free to ask there own question between mine or at the end of the interview. Lets go!

1. Alright so tell me a bit about your username TaradosGon.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Don't give him ideas!

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

I used to be part of various forums. I used to visit various Bulgarian Star Wars forums like the forums of the Bulgarian Sith Order and the Bulgarian Star Wars Federation. But not so much anymore...
    Another forums I hang out from time to time are the Rebelscum forums. There I also like to discuss TCW stuff like seasons and figures that can be made out of the show. Or the Saga in general.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

To be honest, that is a tough one but I will try.

1. Jurassic Park - even if I am a diehard Star Wars fan, there are things that bug and bother me in every SW movie from Episode I to Episode VI but Jurassic Park is one of the only films that I consider CINEMATIC PERFECTION!
    2. The Star Wars as sacred to me as it is falls at number 2 in my heart. I will group the Star Wars here together. Cause in terms of the movies I love all of them, some more than the others but at my top 3 spots in the saga are "Revenge of the Sith", "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Attack of the Clones".
    ROTS - I love the visuals and how everything plays out as falling Dominoes and Grievous is in it and he is the key to everything, TESB is the perfect SW movie but not my fave, AOTC - yes the love scenes are painful but the battles and the Separatists are my payoff for the love scenes.
    3. Love Actually - a genius love comedy that I love to watch over and over and over and over and not just on Christmas. It has the perfect cast, the perfect jokes, the perfect twists and the perfect music to each moment. I love "Love Actually"! :p
    4. Wall-E - The best Pixar movie of all time IMO that is impossible for Pixar to top. Yes, Toy Story 3 was great but not as great as Wall-E. Wall-E everything was time geniusly!
    5. Spiderman 2 - one of the main reasons I love this movie so much is Alfred Molina as Doc Oc which is the perfect casting for Doc Oc and IMO this movie is the best representation of what a comic book movie should be. Like with Avengers, Spiderman 2 had fun with itself but it did not forget the serious moments. And... in the end Spiderman 2 had and still has some of the best comic book fights of all time.
    6. Monster Inc. tied with Bug's Life - genius animated films.

And many more but it is hard to place them...

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Well Seerow,
    I did not expect a theatrical "movie" and was like "Ammm, ok...".
    My first reaction after seeing it was very mixed:

- overall I was just ok with the look but I thought they rushed it into theaters
    - I loved the battle of Christophsis
    - I was very happy that I was seeing more Separatists and Battle droids.
    - I was dissapointed that none of my favorite characters in Star Wars from this period did not appear like Grievous, Tambor and Gunray only in the Newsreel was such an annoying tease or no Tikkes.
    - was annoyed by Ahsoka and Anakin big time in every aspect of their being
    - hated the way the human characters moved or were modeled
    - liked Rex

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  25. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

The answer is probably more involved and uncomfortably nerdy that you'd think.

The short answer would be that I wanted a screen name of a Star Wars character, and not something with numbers like "Darth_Vader1138l33t" or something weird. So I picked a very obscure character that I highly doubted would be used.

The long answer is that I've always gravitated toward the more obscure characters. Boba Fett was my favorite character as a kid. And that's of course back when there's no internet or anything. If I wanted to talk Star Wars, I had to talk with friends who liked the films, and while they liked characters like Darth Vader, I was backing the guy with a handful of lines but that had the cool helmet. As I got older and realized that I was not unique, and that many, many, many people liked Boba Fett, I was probably kind of stubborn and felt that the character kind of became lame because of it. My older brother and I both played Decipher's Star Wars Customizable Card Game up until about 1999, before switching over to the Young Jedi CCG briefly before Decipher I think lost the rights to Star Wars and we stopped playing. But in those games, EVERY little character has a little mini-bio:

[​IMG]

And sometimes those characters would appeal to me. Some dinky little character that you could miss if you blink might have been my favorite character at some point if you asked. I'm pretty sure DS-61-3 (one of Vader's wingmen taken out by Han Solo) was one of my favorites way back when.

So when it came to seeing AOTC for the first time (saw it 4 times in theaters), and I saw all those Jedi on screen for the first time, my eyes were pretty much never where they were "supposed" to be. I was never watching Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, etc. I was thinking more "ooo, who is this guy?" and "who is that guy?" But since pretty much all of them died except a small number in the final circle, the rest never really had much significance. I mean, I like obscure characters, but they at least have to have a NAME. I can't like random Jedi number 144 killed by battle droids. When the "Ask the Jedi Council" feature was still active at Starwars.com and the names for the survivors of the circle were finally revealed, it really came down to Sora Bulq and Tarados Gon as to those that interested me the most. They were new, and they were cool aliens. I picked Tarados Gon and apparently backed the wrong horse, since Sora Bulq went on to be active in the EU while T. Gon apparently crashed and burned... and it's just adding insult to injury that Eeth Koth survived that crash too... Barring the unlikely chance that Filoni decides to include Tarados Gon in TCW, I would like to think that in those final moments before his dropship crashed, that Tarados Gon realized how totally lame that was and that he was on a team with a bunch of n00bs and decided to phase out of the temporal world, grow a beard, get himself a funny hat, have some kids through asexual budding, and live on Mortis, where he would wait until Anakin arrived. Then he would create an elaborate plot that resulted in both of his children being killed so that he could collect the life insurance.

But Tarados Gon was just so awesome and apparently easily distracted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I mean droids are firing at them, blaster shots are flying, the other Jedi are fighting frantically, and he's there looking over his shoulder keeping calm: perhaps the extra was just making sure he was in the shot and looked back at the camera, or maybe he was checking to make sure Obi-Wan was still alive, or maybe he's distracted by how totally lame it is that Obi-Wan is wearing the same outfit.

How could I not use his name?

Perhaps most obnoxiously, when playing Halo with friends (I can't remember if Halo or Halo 2 was the game at the time that we were really into), I would pop in AOTC into the DVD player and do picture in picture and set the sequence that comprises the first of the two GIFS above to play on loop. Entirely distracting, and obnoxiously obscured part of the screen, but totally worth it. His ability to keep calm under pressure is an inspiration. Yes, I was a very immature/easily amused 15 year old at the time.