main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The classiest insult ever. :cool:

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    We need people to interview. So there are two.

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Is that people to interview others or people to be interviewed?

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    To be interviewed. CT and Todd are hired. They will join Akash in taking turns conducting interviews.

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Will I get fancy flair for being interviewed? I always wondered what my name would look like in red.

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    We don't do VIP colors for the folks getting interviewed at this time. However this thread will have your name on it and will be stuck at the top again once interviews get started again. So, I guess your name will be up in lights in a way.

7. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I volunteered to be interviewed a while back, and I'm still up for it.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I see. Well is there any other way I can get VIP colours?

;) ;) ;)

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I had your name on the list when I posted it buddy. =)

And sure Fanboy. Send me $1,000usd and we'll see.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    We all know Fanboy is already a Very Important Person.

Colors? Where he's going he doesn't need...colors.

[​IMG]

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You're damn right I'm a VIP. I pretty much single-handedly saved this forum when I came back. Before I returned this place was boring as hell. I brought life back into it.

Colours nao pl0x

12. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    The mod blinged your name w/ six stars. You really must be a VIP

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  13. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I'd be down for this.

14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I don't recall signing up but it's alright; I was still considering to so I'm open for it.

Also, the interviews will happen one by one, right? Otherwise it will most likely get pretty messy with three interviews happening at the same time, conducted by Akash, CT and Todd.

15. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Will these question be more personal than last time? Like.. everyone is getting different questions? Because if so, I'll go again.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ditto that.

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I suppose you can sign up to be interviewed again, but you'll have to get in line.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Alright. First, I'd like to explain how I'm going to conduct my interviews. I'm going to give the interviewee a few choices as to how the interview will go, but I'm also going to experiment a little, I'm going to challenge the interviewee at times, I'm going to try new things and see what works. I'm hoping the interviewees will experiment with me, will rise to the challenges and maybe even surprise themselves. If at any time an interviewee feels uncomfortable with a question, they can always pass. I'm going to give you all the time you need to answer the questions, so there's no rush, but hopefully the interviewees will be enthusiastic and respond as such. Any further questions about my interviews can be asked over PM, I welcome it.

Now, on to my first interview, which I find so beautifully fitting. It's fate.

Ladies and gentlemen, honored mods, kowakian monkey-lizards, I'd like to introduce to you our next guest on INSIDE THE LACWAC STUDIO.

Two years and nearly one month ago, our guest registered on the Jedi Council Forums. His very first post, which took place in the "How Should Darth Maul Return" thread, was nothing short of prophetic.

He immediately became a starring member of LACWAC and recently he has been recognized as a VIP. He won "Most Banned" in 2011 and 2012. He participated in the great Simpsons quote off in the summer of 2011. He led the charge for LACWAC independence on the temp forums. He started OPERATION: ECKSTEIN. He has caused the mods no end of trouble.

The LACWAC STUDIO is thrilled to welcome ImNotAStarWarsFanboy.

First, LACWAC would like to thank you for registering on this forum over two years ago and changing our lives forever.

I'll start you off with an easy one.

a/s/l?

Oh wait, that's for another interview I'm doing.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, what is the origin story of your username? What do you prefer we call you here on the Jedi Council Forums?

19. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    If you still need people to interview, I'm in !

20. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Ditto^

21. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Oh man. If interviews are going to be like this, I can wait!

22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh boy, here we go.

CT-867-5309

18/f/Philadelphia, looking for some no strings attached fun ;)

You know, to this day I have lamented the fact that I don't have an amazing story for the origin of my username. I've had to retroactively invent stuff to make it more interesting, like "I'm a Star Wars fan, not a fanboy: I don't blindly love everything that comes out of George Lucas' arse." Which is, as it happens, the case, and as the years have progressed I've felt my name's become a lot more apt. But that wasn't the reason I eventually decided on it. I don't think there was a reason. It was 2008, and our family had just upgraded to broadband. I was going around all the sites I hadn't been able to take advantage of previously, one of which was YouTube. I decided to make an account, and I needed to come up with a name. Somehow, from out of nowhere - some say there were supernatural forces at work - the phrase "I'm not a Star Wars Fanboy" popped into my head. I'd seen similarly structured usernames in the comments, like "ILoveBiscuits" or whatever, so that was probably the inspiration for the ImNotA_ part. Obviously, I was pretty into Star Wars at the time, so that covered the other half. It was witty, it was kinda relevant to me, I thought it was great, so I ran with it. And to this day that has been my alias for almost everything.

Toward the end I tried to jazz it up a bit, it probably didn't work. Not every superhero has an amazingly contrived origin story.

As for what to call me, you personally can call me whatever you want sugar. I think back in the day I kept asking people to call me Tom (IRL name - spoilers) and only koonfan bothered. Someone along the line ingeniously decided to truncate my obnoxiously long name to just Fanboy, which has worked fine since. Please people, save yourself the typing time. Now it's kinda awkward reading my full alias typed out. It's like, you don't address your friends by their full name, you just call them "Bill" or whatever. So yeah, Fanboy. With a capital F so you know it's a name instead of just the word fanboy.

It has taken me about two hours to write this. Two and a bit, in fact. And I've probably already bored the tits off the lot of you.

eht13, KED12345, JackG and 5 others like this.
  23. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I never knew your name was Tom. :eek:

But I'm still calling you Fanboy, Fanboy.

24. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm going to call you Tomboy from now on. It's a fair compromise, I think.

On with the warm up questions.

What was your first/early impression of LACWAC?

Edit: Oh, and he wasn't fooling.

Tom reveal.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Loved it. Previously I frequented the Dark Horse boards for my forum fix on TCW, but I hardly ever posted and it was quite intimidating to try and wedge yourself into the community when there are guys there who've known each other for years. Everyone else who contributed towards that TCW thread had been around for at least a few years. Then it started to die, and I found TF.N, and it was great because there were loads more new users, it was a much larger community and it seemed a lot friendlier. So yeah, from the offset it looked great. You always love finding these places for the first time when you realise you're not alone and there are hundreds of others out there that you can talk about your interests with. Considering I was never a guy who had a load of friends IRL it was pretty boss to instantly fit in and hang out with cool people.

I recall in particular one user, I think his name was GeneralGrievous or something. He sent me a PM about my signature - I'd seen a guy called rumblewagon with Save Our Snips (SOS) in his sig, and at the time I was well into Ahsoka, so I'd copied it into mine. So anyway, this GGrievous guy says, "I hope you're referring to Save Our Skywalker over in Lit" to which I went, "Oh yeah totally" or something. From there we ended up talking more and more via PM and we got on pretty well. He said he agreed with a lot of what I said, aside from the Ahsoka thing. It was pretty cool, I felt validated and from there I started to make friends with guys like Swash - really got on with Swash, he's a cool guy, completely bananas :p - , Humble_Jedi, koonfan and possibly yourself, I can't remember when exactly that happened. I will say, I started out no way near as negative as I later became, that was entirely GG's influence, in the sort of pathetic way one sucks up to others for approval. I don't think I was ever "OMGZ TCW IZ OSSIM" but he definitely made me a lot harsher. I don't feel ashamed in admitting that now because I ran with it and ****ing owned that role. I also decided to stop liking Ahsoka altogether and get on the hate train.

TL; DR It's all GG's fault. :p

Good memories. And then at some point I noticed you were also a basher like me and GG and we started talking, and we really got on. This was probably during the height of the gushers versus bashers crisis. I don't know if the two of you felt this way but to me it felt like it was the three of us against the world, which was badass. Yeah, by then I was very happy to be here. I only really posted in LACWAC though. I occasionally ventured out to other forums but LACWAC was the only place where I didn't feel like I was intruding, I was part of the WACy community.

So, first and early impressions? Pretty much heaven.

By the way, what was the inspiration for your name? Were you just a huge Tommy Tutone junkie or was there something more sentimental? I believe I'm right in saying when we were setting this up we agreed on a more back and forth conversation to an interrogation.