main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    #9: TaradosGon: Which are your Top 10 TCW characters?

2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

That is a good one.

If we do not count the ones I am crazy about - Senator Tikkes and General Grievous,
    here is how the list of other favorite 9 Star Wars characters would go like:

1. Admiral Trench
    2. Wat Tambor
    3. Nute Gunray
    4. Plo Koon
    5. Hondo Ohnaka
    6. Poggle The Lesser
    7. San Hill
    8. Lok Durd
    9. Kit Fisto

Most of them have done something to impress me like Kit Fisto fighting in the 2003 Clone Wars series and some are just so fun to watch like Hondo and Lok Durd.

3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

1. Cad Bane
    2. Asajj Ventress
    3. Palpatine
    4. Son
    5. Ki-Adi-Mundi
    6. Even Piell
    7. Hondo
    8. Rex
    9. Dooku
    10. Trench

4. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #10: TaradosGon: What are your favorite TV shows?

5. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

Most of my favorite shows have already had their finales long ago.

-HBO's Rome
    -Lost
    -Battlestar Galactica (remake)
    -Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Enterprise, The Next Generation
    -Seinfeld

More recent shows I watch are

-Falling Skies
    -True Blood
    -Supernatural
    -Walking Dead
    -Game of Thrones

Though True Blood is starting to go downhill and get ridiculous and Falling Skies hasn't really picked up after two seasons. I'm not sure I'll continue to watch them when their next seasons start.

jackg1 likes this.
  6. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #11: TaradosGon: Are you for the Lannisters, Starks, Greyjoys, Baratheons, or Targaryens?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    11. If you placed the characters in your top 10 list into "The Box" which ones would make it out Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan?

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Can't tell if you're being too hard on yourself... or just devious.:p

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

Even if I like all of them, if I have to be non-biased and realistic about their limitations then the results of putting them all in the BOX are gonna look like this:

1. Senator Tikkes - possibly will live due to squid-like agility
    2. General Grievous - he is Grievous, he will live
    3. Admiral Trench - did not look very mobile so he will die
    4. Wat Tambor - dead due to low mobility
    5. Nute Gunray - dead due to low mobility
    6. Plo Koon - he is a skillful Jedi and he will survive
    7. Hondo Ohnaka - the guy is a survivor so he will live
    8. Poggle The Lesser - can fly and is very mobile so he will live
    9. San Hill - dead due to low mobility
    10. Lok Durd - dead due to low mobility and, to be honest, being too fat

10. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

Targaryens

I feel like I'm supposed to be rooting for the Starks - the Lannisters, Barantheons, and Greyjoys are all just power mongering jerks - but the whole King of the North and obsession over family things grow weary. That's perhaps since I'm also watching a Chinese show about the Romance of the Three Kingdoms novel, and they remind me so much of the state of Wu where they declare themselves an Empire against two other contenders for the Chinese Imperial throne and see the same kind of focus on family.

Daenerys on the other hand seems more nuanced and sympathetic, yet not a goody-two-shoes. Wants to go home, yet still maintains a claim to a throne that was previously occupied by more cruel predecessors. Plus... dragons. Have to back the person with dragons.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I love me some TNG and Enterprise, why no TOS on the list?

12. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I never finished it. CBS has all the episodes available online. About 2 years ago I was watching them and got most of the way through Season 1 before switching over to Deep Space Nine on Netflix. Definitely think DS9 is the best out of DS9, TNG, and ENT (I've seen these three in their entirety). I've only seen scattered episodes of Voyager, couldn't get through the first episode of the animated series, and never finished TOS.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    You should get back to it when you can, the second and third seasons of TOS have some freaking crazy episodes. I'm a huge fan of TAS as well, personally. DS9 is towards the bottom of the list for me, the only one I'd rank lower is Voyager. I like DS9 but it doesn't follow the mold of exploring new alien worlds each installment which I am a HUGE fan of.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, isn't that almost a rhetorical question? :p

17. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I object to not having the chance to answer THAT question.:p

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

That is tough one but... yeah... Tarkas and eht13 are right! [face_laugh]

As much as I love General Grievous in all his glory, the Quarren Senator Tikkes has been more inspiring for me than anything else in fiction.
    I think the following video is proof of what I am saying.
    The character has to have a real drive for me to model, rig and animate a video about him ( 3 seconds of that video took more than 2 hours of rendering in Autodesk 3D Studio Max ). :p

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  20. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #12: TaradosGon: What three traits do you value the most in an individual?

21. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

- Good sense of humor
    - Does not put up a facade/honesty
    - Loyalty

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

1. Massacre - In my opinion, this is how TCW episodes should be done. Every time I watch this episode I say to myself "That is a GENIUS!". I mean this episode is everything I want in a TCW episode. It had great characters without any annoying ones like Anakin, it did not waste time, it was edgy, it had zombies like in "Legacy of Terror" but these were the fast kind of undead, it had the Defoliator which reminded of the awesome Lok Durd in Season One, the most important was GRIEVOUS WINNING and many more reasons why the episode was great. Grievous vs Venress was fresh new duel, not the longest but better for Grievous to lightsaber duel somebody other than Kenobi for once. The scenes with the B2 battle droids stopping the tanks reminded why I love these droids. The way Grievous marched and nothing stopped him was just so amazing. This episode made Grievous feel once more like the capable threat he should be and in the end I just am glad I watched the episode unlike many other episodes in Season Four did.

2. Lair of Grievous - My former number one. When Season One was the only season to have aired, I thought that the way Grievous was done in it was going to be the status quo for doing Grievous episodes. But I was wrong. Lair of Grievous did Grievous right! They hinted several times at his past. Grievous was illustrated as a menace by the way all the characters spoke of him and showed his trophies. These various scenes I thought were going to be re-explored in future Grievous episodes but it was kinda dropped with Grievous's return in Season Two.
    Like with Massacre, this episode had the perfect cast and everybody played perfectly off each other. The conversations between Grievous and the Doctor, between the Kit Fisto and the Naddar Vebb were so entertaining. The dialogue shined a lot in the episode. Overall the best episode of Season One.

3. Liberty on Ryloth - Like the rest of the Ryloth arc, this episode offered a look at the suffering and struggles of the ordinary people, caught in the fighting between the CIS and the Republic…
    The two main reasons are Mace Windu and the epic Emir Wat Tambor. Both sides of the conflict are well represented: Mace - a bad-*** Jedi who does not spent time for small talk or jokes, kicks butt and destroys droids. On the other side is Wat Tambor. I know Wat Tambor is no Grievous or Ventress in terms of an enemy, but what do you expect when your enemy specializes in economics, business and warcrimes… and has a difficulty to move let alone be a fighting threat to a Jedi as Mace. But for what Emir Tambor is. I love him. All the way from his epic line in AOTC!
    The final battle to take Lessu was a fitting and satisfying conclusion to this great arc.

4. Legacy of Terror - An absolute gem of an episode. The fact of the matter is that this episode is the best out of the entire arc on Geonosis. Most people put “Landing at point rain” at number 1 as the best Geonosian Episode! For me it is this one. The main factor that it alone managed to bring in a movie element I always found hard to mix with Star Wars in general and that is Zombies! The episode succeeded on all levels to bring this peace of a horror movie in the show. I know it came out along with the “Death Troopers” novel (Great read, I recommend) and both were excellent. The music, the characters and, of course, the Zombies were top notch. Having Poggle the Lesser in was as always treat for a CIS fan like myself. The addition of the disgusting but still awesome queen Karina the Great made the episode feel like the movies from the “Alien” franchise.
    Anyways, I can not say anything against this episode. It was almost a perfect episode and one of the few instances Anakin did annoy me to much…

5. Cat and Mouse - This is another great episode and that has mainly to do with the main antagonist of the episode. Yeah, Anakin and Yularen were there but Admiral Trench stole the spotlight.
    Every time I watch this episode I tend to replay mostly the scenes with Trench over and over. The way he talks and the way he looks is something I enjoy very much. In terms of an animated model, he is quite complex.
    What he does is a loads of fun too cause he gives a lot of trouble for the heroes and for majority of the episode Trench has the upper hand.
    I loved Trench's "theme" that added to the suspense and "awesome" factor of the Harch admiral.
    And since TCW has started syndication in chronological order, this is a perfect episode to start the series with...

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  23. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #13: TaradosGon: What are your Top 10 TCW episodes and why?

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    #13. What was your favorite season premiere Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan and how would you have made it even better?

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

On a side note: As much as I want to say "Water War" and "Gungan attack" cause I love Mon Calamari and the QUARREN and, of course, TIKKES and but the reason it is not my favorite is cause there is too much stuff that could have made it better.

So I will go with "Ambush" and "Shadow of Malevolence" as my most favorite Season Premiere, the original season premiere.

"Ambush" is TCW gold. This is how TCW episodes are supposed to be done. You have all these characters into one great mix. You have Yoda, the non-Rex Clones, Ventress, Katuunko and Dooku.
    Having Yoda in the premiere was awesome cause he was like the face of TCW when the whole thing first surfaced. He was so much fun cause Yoda in this episode was almost "The Empire Strikes Back"-like. That was especially evident in the camp fire scene where Yoda acted with the clones like he would years later with Luke on Dagobah. This scene is still one of the best the show has ever done, even after Season Four.
    The action scenes with Yoda were superb and entertaining a lot.
    Regarding things I would change... I think this one of the only premiere episodes ever that is perfect and does not require any changes.

"Shadow of Malevolence" was and still is amazing. On October 4th, having just watched the perfect episode "Ambush", this episode just made things even better with the introduction of General Grievous and Plo Koon into the series. I loved "Ambush" for all the awesome Yoda moments but I love "Shadow of Malevolence" for all the CIS winning and destroying an entire fleet (all having nice reaction shots from Grievous like laughing when entire cruisers explode). After that carnage, spending time with my most favorite Jedi and seeing how he treated the situation and the clone - that was just a treat for me. Plo Koon rules!
    And the final escape was edgy and well done. Overall a great second part of a Premiere.

And every time I watch these episodes, it feels so nostalgic as this premiere is where the show began!