LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    @AkashKedavra_93

Well, I think I've heard about the Jedi religion before (I don't recall it being named The Force) and while it feels odd that a religion is based on something coming from Star Wars with name and all, well, I guess it's good for those who are members of it (But I have to wonder how they have apparently not been getting into any form of legal trouble yet).
    Last edited by Nexumaster, Jul 22, 2013
  2. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    17. @Nexumaster: If you had to choose three planets to rule in the Star Wars galaxy, which three planets would they be and why?
  3. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    @AkashKedavra_93

Interesting question. Now, what planets could I think of ruling over? I'm gonna list the ones I can think of in no certain order:

1. Naboo - Just feels like a good planet to rule over; also, it helps that the planet is not too different from our own so that would give a sense of familiarity.
    2. Tattoine - Then I could clean up the hive of scum and villainy some and free it from Hutt control (I'd put them in charge of some backwater planet instead).
    3. Bespin - I'd be the administrator of Cloud City like Lando was and that would be awesome; who wouldn't want to rule over that place at least for a while?
    Last edited by Nexumaster, Jul 25, 2013
    AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    18. @Nexumaster: If you were in the Senate, would you have voted for or against the Farr Amendment to reduce the number of clone troopers in the Heroes on Both Sides arc?
  5. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    @AkashKedavra_93

That's quite a question. Putting one self into the Republic's position, logically it wouldn't be a too good idea to reduce the number of clones because that would most likely give the Separatists the upper hand and give them an easier chance turning the war around (and win), and if the number wasn't reduced, the war would continue and the republic would have a chance to win. While I'm not pro-war, voting no would be the more logical alternative, but voting yes would be more eligible if it was confirmed that the Separatist forces had begun weakening and shrinking, which could be a good time to reduce the amount of clones.
  6. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    19. @Nexumaster: What TV characters are your favorite and why?
  7. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    @AkashKedavra_93

I had to think this one over a bit (and some other things got in the way as well). I don't really watch that many TV shows (just animation and some crime shows) and I haven't really categorized any characters as my top favorites. I'll try to list some characters I like especially much and would consider my favorites (I'm leaving out any eventual favorite The Clone Wars characters in case there's gonna be any questions regarding them);

Zuko (Avatar: The Last Airbender) - Love the complexity and depth of this character. He is a really interesting one and following his journey with it's ups and downs throughout this great show is one of my favorite aspects of it (I'd even compare him with Anakin a bit).

Professor Farnsworth (Futurama) - It's a really funny show and out of the cast of characters, he makes me crack up the most with his whole personality and penchance for wierdness so therefore he's definitely my favorite character of the series and also among comedy characters in general.

Kenpachi Zaraki (Bleach) - Haven't watched the anime since it ended but this guy is still one of the coolest and most badass animated characters; I also really like that even though he's a violent juggernaut, he's often played for laughs which in my opinion makes him more likeable.

I think I have to stop there as I cannot think of any others to decide about at the moment, otherwise it would take too long, which it kinda has already (I have to admit that this would've been easier if the question concerned movie characters :p )
    Last edited by Nexumaster, Aug 1, 2013
  8. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    20. @Nexumaster: All righty, then. Which film characters are your favorite and why?
  9. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    @AkashKedavra_93

Okay, let me see now; I'm quite a movie buff who watches movies every now and then and there's definitely a bunch of characters that have stood out the most and/or were the most enjoyable/entertaining so I'll list those favorites that currently comes to mind (and in no special order, of course):

Bilbo Baggins (The Hobbit trilogy & The Lord of The Rings trilogy) - I've read the Hobbit book before seeing the movie and not only is Bilbo in the movie how I imagined him to be but he's also one of my favorite film adaptions of a literature character; only one movie into the trilogy and I already consider him a favorite, which has got to be something. The character himself is really likeable, funny (in a dry way) and I love the idea of him just wanting to be an ordinary guy and how he's pulled into an adventure which turns him into the hero and gradually changes him into an a lot more adventure-loving guy but also for the worse with his discovery of the Ring which he keeps and which later corrupts him so he in a way turns into quite a tragic character which is apparent in the follow-up The Lord Of The Rings and it's not hard to feel kinda bad for him that he went the way he did.

Rango (Rango) - A city chameleon with an identity crisis might not sound like much at first, I love how they executed this on film. The character is very well written and is so entertaining to watch and to follow on his journey while he poses as a sheriff for the good of the western town he ends up in and ends up finding out more about himself than expected. He really wants to help the townspeople and is quite likeably and also funny with his theatrical and improvisational personality, just like an enjoyable character should be, and all the character development he gets is great (I'm also quite sure he's my favorite character portrayed by Johnny Depp, who's perfect both for and in the role). I'd easily watch a sequel about the following (or prequel) adventures of the character, but if this will continue to be a one-show, it's some one-show, showcasing a great character like this.

Ian Malcolm (Jurassic Park & The Lost World) - Now the Jurassic Park movies are really entertaining and this somewhat unconvential mathematician pretty much steals every scene he's in with his logical, skeptical and criticsizing behavior. While the ones working in the park doesn't like him especially much and the fact that he can be something of a sarcastic and womanizing jerk, I find him to be a character who does bring up some valid points here and there (one of the best scenes is an argument during lunch) and he gets some of the best and also funniest lines ("Now that is one big pile of @#?%") and he's also quite memorable and fun to watch; possibly the best character in the entire Jurassic Park movie series, but I have to add that I like him more in the first film than in the second one.

Gizmo (Gremlins & Gremlins 2) - The Gremlins movies (especially the first one) is pretty much the epitome of nostalgia for me and not only is this little furry bastard cute and adorable as sin but he is a cool little asskicker as well and can stand up to the evil gremlins (especially if pushed). He's also mainly the central creature character and easily the best character from the movies; even though he's portrayed by puppetry with a voice actor, he gives such a great performance and feels really quite real (kinda like Yoda in the OT) and he's got a lot more personality than a lot of other pet-role characters in other movies. I like him a lot in both movies and it's no surprise he's the most well-known character from the franchise; not many other creature characters have succeeded being this iconic, adorable and believable. He's a great main character who definitely deserves to have the role he has and which the plot revolves around; I almost wish the Mogwai creatures were real but then a lot of unresponsible people would screw up the three important rules (no bright lights, no water and no feeding after midnight) and start a gremlin problem.

Scar (The Lion King) - Still my favorite animated Disney villain; such a great and entertaining evil character. His sophisticated, narcisstic and dramatic personality is pretty great and I like how it always feels like he's treating his life as a theater stage which makes him stand out as a villain. His voice is also great and fits the character perfectly, the same with his design; I'd even say he's the quintessential Disney villain in some ways, as he's pretty much the modern day personification of evil in Disney movies. He's still not a perfect villain, as he's an inefficent ruler and something of a coward, but those aspects adds some color to the character. He's also one of the few Disney villains who have sent another important character to his death on screen and that definitely shows that he's one devilish fellow (and he's just such a fun and memorable villain who's pretty hard to top in my opinion).

Dark Helmet (Spaceballs) - A hilarious Star Wars parody needs a hilarious dark lord villain and they got it; this guy who parodies Darth Vader is definitely on the top of my list of funny villains and he (along with his fellow Spaceball villains) definitely steals the movie with their scenes full of goofiness and silly stuff; easily the best and quite possibly the funniest character in the movie. He gets the best scenes in the movie, some of the best lines and cracks me up each time I watch it; his design is also great, with the huge helmet ("I can't breathe in this thing!") and formal tie which helps to make him look really quite funny in addition to his personality. Rick Moranis who plays him gives such a great and funny performance and it's possibly my favorite role of his.

Nausicaa (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind) - I felt like I had to include a character from the Studio Ghibli movies by Hayao Miyazaki who does a fantastic job not only with the animation but also with the portrayal of strong female characters and I'd go ahead and say that Nausicaa from the first (at least semi-official since the studio formed after the success of it) of the studio's films is my favorite since she's the first one who comes to mind and fits the criteria perfectly. She's very brave, strong and has some serious fighting skills, but prefers to solve things without violence, is very kind & empathic, loves all animals and just want to live in peace with her people in the Valley Of The Wind; despite her wishes she gets thrown into a conflict which she has to solve (the movie itself is pretty great). She is definitely one of Miyazaki's finest characters and is portrayed really well; she's just an overall great and quite likeable heroine and essentially the blueprint of any Miyazaki heroines to come as she was the first of several to follow.

A Bunch of Star Wars Characters (The Star Wars saga) - Well, I guess you knew this was coming. Star Wars has a lot of great characters and it would be hard to pick favorites since I have a bunch of them, but I think Palpatine and Yoda would end up at the top; Palpatine AKA the Emperor is the ultimate movie villain in my opinion and has all the aspects that makes a great evil villain; scheming, manipulative, a complete lack of empathy and is downright nasty (and Ian McDiarmid plays his so beautifully) & then there's Yoda, who's pretty much the best old mentor character; I always loved how he tricks Luke that he's some goofy little guy and then reveals that he's this wise and powerful Jedi Master which we saw even more of in the PT (his scenes in the OT were always some of the best parts of the saga).

I could probably go on for some time listing more and more favorite movie characters that comes to mind but I think I'll leave it there; it's a good list if I may say so myself.
    Last edited by Nexumaster, Aug 4, 2013
  10. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Wowwww that is one random list.:p

(no offense or anything -- I mean it's cool! It's just...Gizmo? Biblo? Ian Malcolm? ...Scar? You couldn't intentionally try to be that random and succeed like that)
  11. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, as I made the choices I kinda knew it would be a pretty random list but what can ya do; I decided to go with it anyway. :p
    Last edited by Nexumaster, Aug 4, 2013
  12. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    21. @Nexumaster: BONUS QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Write an arc for TCW.
  13. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    @AkashKedavra_93

I've actually had an idea for an TCW story since about the end of last year and it was a Kashyyyk arc (so well before the mentioning of a scrapped Yoda/Wookiees arc among the bonus material discussion) since it's a planet I'd really much would have liked to see featured in a story. I think I'll go with the basis of that one and add some stuff I think would be interesting/nice to see in the arc, which I suppose as a whole would cover three to four episodes:

Mission To Kashyyyk arc (I'd call it that as a preliminary name of sorts)

It would take place some time after season three and before season five and the plot would be that Jedi Master Yoda along with a squadron of clone troopers (led by Commander Gree, now certainly in Phase II armor) would be called to Kashyyyk due to a request from the Wookiees, among which there is worry stirring due to many of them having disappeared deep into the forest and there being a rumor of something monstrous roaming in there. Yoda asks Ahsoka to accompany him and his troops there to investigate and also to try and solve the problem, due to already having a good relationship with the Wookiees and Chewbacca in particular (after the events of the S3 finale). I believe Kashyyyk would look gorgeous so there would be no expenses spared on the animation and the Wookiees would of course be more than briefly involved and there would be at least one village with homesteads (it would be nice to show some bits of Wookiee culture in TCW).

What none of the heroes knows at first is that the reason for all this is that there are Separatists lurking deep in the primordial forest, in caverns and in underground catacombs, led by the nefarious Separatist leader Passel Argente and his cronies, who works on a series of new, dangerous war machines affectionately named the Harvesters that are made primarily for harvesting the forest and the natural resources of the planet to fuel the needs of the Confederacy Of Independent Systems (I thought that at first there would only apparently be one of the machines roaming around but then a number of them would be revealed during the latter half of the arc, which raises the stakes for the climax). The 'disappeared' Wookiees who haven't been killed have been captured and used as slaves to manufacture the Harvesters and the ones who works together with the Separatists and are the ones who have caught the Wookiees are a gang of Trandoshan hunters/ruffians, led by the mate of the late Trandoshan leader Garnac who Ahsoka killed during the skirmish on the moon Wasskah (again, in the S3 finale) and who also overseees the production of the machines and gets to keep the pelts of the Wookiees killed during the hunt for slaves as part of the payment (the main reason for helping the Separatists is because she and the other Trandos wants the Wookiees to suffer and experience pain and hardships, all while having their world ravaged; she could care less about the Separatists' cause).

When Ahsoka finds out about the Separatists and their scheme during a scouting mission with Chewbacca which ends with them finding out about the Separatist operation and them barely escaping with their lives, the race to find and stop the Separatists and their Trandoshan allies & free the enslaved Wookiees and destroy the sinister operation and the machines before they will harvest the planet's resources completely is on and it would all climax with a battle deep inside the forest with Yoda and his troops & the Wookiees against Passel Argente's droid forces and Harvester machines (that proves to be a match even in combat) while Ahsoka and Chewie deals with the Trandoshans and their leader, who still swears revenge against the killer of her mate, among the crowns and foliage of the tall Wroshyr trees; it could possibly be one of the most intense and epic climaxes to an arc. I'll add that not only would there be great animation and action, but there would also be lots of character-based moments and emotion put into it; just the right amount it needs to make it all feel more complete (also, with the Kashyyyk and Wookiee elements, maybe I'd tie it into ROTS and the later Imperial enslavement of the Wookiees, at least a little bit).

I believe if this was an real arc, it could be really good (if not great) if handled well and I would definitely handle it as well as I could and with the story create an epic and oh so entertaining arc.
    Last edited by Nexumaster, Aug 6, 2013
  14. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Well of course it would be good. It's got Passel Argente and war machines. What's not to love?

Also interesting idea about Garnac's mate there.
  15. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    @Nexumaster: Well done! Great interview and many thanks for your participation!
  16. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Last edited by Nexumaster, Aug 6, 2013
  17. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    So, who's next in line?
  18. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV - Vacationing and stuff

Manager
    star 5
    IIRC it's The Shadow Emperor. I'll probably start it when i return from vacation in a few days. [face_peace]
  19. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    So I promised @CT-867-5309, @ImNotAStarWarsFanboy and @Circular Logic a story, and a story I shall tell.

This was two years ago, the dark medieval-esque times of 2011. I was in my last year of secondary school (which puts me at age 16, for all you non-Britains). My day had been normal, the schoolwork nothing too taxing and my friends and I having a laugh as usual.

Yet for some reason at lunch, I had the sudden urge to go home. So much so that I actually approached my head of house and asked if I could do just that. As policy dictates, I was denied. I wasn't sick or ill, so get back to work you lazy slacker!

The feeling didn't abate, however, and I found myself in penultimate period, sitting at a desk in a Chemistry classroom with a substitute teacher. Suffice it to say, when my school had a sub, it meant we were given a large booklet with pages and pages of extremely dull questions, some of which wouldn't even be relevant to the current topic.

So I made a decision. A not-so-wise decision to open a window as wide as it would go, climb out and hang onto the ledge. Now would be a good time to point out that it was February, and it was particularly cold. The ground then, as it happens, was covered with ice. It's also an opportune time to mention that my school had three floors, and the sciences were on the top floor. As I said, a not-so-wise decision.

I hung there for a mere couple of seconds as the window-ledge was making some rather disconcerting sounds and appeared to be coming from the wall. So I turned around and jumped. The intelligent thing to do as you fall is to roll once you hit the ground. This is so you carry your momentum forward, and lessen the impact force.

I did not do that. I landed feet first on the ice, in a crouching position, but managed to keep my balance. I took a couple of steps and saw a guy step out of his car and run toward the school entrance. It was only then that I spun around to see my classmates' reaction. The entire class was staring through the windows, a mixture of shock and smirks (teenagers, eh?).

I almost made it out of the school entirely but evidently that fellow in the car had alerted the deputy headmistress (does America have a deputy principal?). Despite not knowing of my injuries, I was very aware that I was moving very slowly, which eliminated running as an option.

So I walked, slowly, back and ended up in the hospital. Fractured my spine in two separate places. Wasn't able to move my back for a couple of days, and it was horrendously painful. It also meant I couldn't go to the bathroom. I'll spare you those details.

After spending a mere five days in the hospital, I was back at home, where I laid almost entirely in bed for an additional four weeks, and wasn't able to return to school until May. A very quick recovery, I came off lucky according to the doctor.

Despite missing about a third of my final year, I still managed to almost get all A's/A*'s. So I didn't screw up that badly.

Still, my advise is to NOT jump from heights if you can avoid doing so. Not as fun as you might imagine.
    Todd the Jedi, eht13, JackG and 3 others like this.
  20. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Wow, my head spun just reading that. I can picture your classmates' expressions ("Dude, did he just jump?"), but at the same time...I feel like you were lucky to be able to move at all. :eek:

That was quite the story. I'm glad you're alright.
    Last edited by anakinfansince1983, Aug 10, 2013
    SithStarSlayer, eht13 and 07jonesj like this.
  21. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    I'm glad you're okay @07jonesj, that sounds terribly painful.
    07jonesj likes this.
  22. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Good grief! [face_hypnotized] So did it hurt like hell right after you hit the ground, or not until later? You make it sound as though you were more concerned at the time with everyone's reaction than the minor fact that you just broke your back.
    07jonesj likes this.
  23. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    @Barriss_Coffee

I guess I didn't explain that properly. I've never had full-on concussion so have no idea if it was just a really small bout of it, or whether it was just shock, but for a couple of moments I just sort of stood there, and watched the guy run towards the school, and I wasn't really thinking of anything.

Then it occurred to me I just jumped from a classroom so I turned around and looked up.

In terms of pain, at first I didn't really feel anything, which was obviously the adrenaline. Then, as I walked further and further away from the building, the pain started coming in, to the point where I realised I wasn't going to make it home. I don't remember thinking it was anything serious until I actually saw the ambulance. Thankfully, they gave me some morphine.

Definitely the most pain I've ever felt, and I don't intend to out-do it at any point in my life.
  24. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Chemistry wants me to jump three stories out of windows, too.
  25. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV - Vacationing and stuff

Manager
    star 5
    eht13 and SithStarSlayer like this.