main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    #14. If you could go back in a time machine and make three improvements to TCW what would you do @DanGrievous?

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

1. Overlords - In ANH, we start out with Luke as some farm boy living with his aunt and uncle. Every one's a human, and while the setting is alien, it is all ordinary enough. But then he steps into the cantina with all these bizarre aliens and begins an adventure that completely take him out of the ordinary. But now there is nothing unusual about lightsabers or the Force. Star Wars has become enough of a cultural phenomenon that it all stops being as strange as it was when you saw the films for the very first time. Anakin and Obi-Wan on a battlefield deflecting laser blasts for the 1,000,000th time? Not really out of the ordinary. Overlords IMO had the characters step out of their strange universe (by the audience's perspective) and step into a stranger one. Just as Luke was sort of out of place in this grand adventure that took place in the OT, Anakin steps into this realm where he is no longer in the comfort zone of the reality he knows, instead there are beings that can pose as his dead mother, reach out and touch his lightsaber's blade, etc.

2. Hostage Crisis - Loved the introduction of Bane and the confidence and success of the villains in this episode. A victory for the villains that get in and out with minimum difficulty and remain in control. That kind of representation made them out to be a credible threat. Bane went from a character that I had never heard of to one of my favorites in 22 minutes.

3. The Hidden Enemy - Touched upon the clones in a way that I would like to see developed further. Slick was aware enough to realize that his treatment was unjust and call the Jedi out on it. I only wish they gave a little more time to that in the episode and shed some light on how Anakin and Obi-Wan perceived Slick's behavior.

4. Cloak of Darkness - Another victory for the villains. Very much enjoyed the confrontation between Ventress and Luminara and Ahsoka.

5. Carnage of Krell - I like the establishment that the clones can refuse orders, Dogma's execution of Krell, Fives and Rex contemplating treason, and the ensuing attempts to bring Krell in. I didn't much care for Krell becoming a stereotypical cartoon villain, however.

6. Ghosts of Mortis - This episode heavily focused on the Son gaining the upper hand, and I very much liked Son as a character (though hate the name). I thought it interesting to see Anakin fall to the Dark Side to stop the Sith, who he ultimately falls to the Dark Side for, in exchange for promises of help. Wasn't really wild about the Father's sacrifice weakening the Son deus ex machina, nor the waking up from a dream cliche, nor the lack of explanation as to how all of this proved that Anakin was the Chosen One.

7. ARC Troopers - Thoroughly enjoyed the defense of Kamino.

8. Bounty - All around fun episode, even if it didn't quite fit in with the surrounding arc.

9. Nightsisters - Liked seeing Sidious' concern for Dooku training Asajj come into play. Talzin still irks the hell out of me (everything about her), but I liked seeing Asajj and the Nightsisters take on Dooku. I'm still disappointed that Dooku's revenge against Sidious seems to be completely dropped, but this satisfied me enough in regards to seeing Dark Side betrayals and struggle.

10. Really comes down to Shadow of Malevolence or Landing at Point Rain for this last slot. The prior for the space battle and the latter for the land battle. I'd have to pick the latter though. Great visuals and Ki-Adi-Mundi.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    #14: TaradosGon: Which female characters would you put together in a cage fight?

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

Well... that is a good one.

If I could go back in time and change three things in TCW, they would be (in order of importance to me):

- Fix the broken Mon Calamari arc - make it like the old CW chapter 5 with species issues and PUT TIKKES IN THE MAIN VILLAIN ROLE, not Riff Tamson.

- Put the various CIS council leader cameos in the many TCW episode they should have appeared in - like how we should have seen Wat Tambor after Master Di died in "Supply Lines" or Nute Gurnay in "Sphere of Influence" or Shu Mai in "Slaves of the Republic" episode (like she did in the comic), have Wat Tambor and Poggle being shown in their cells on Coruscant during "Deception" and so on.

- Replace Anakin or/ and Ahsoka in 50% of their appearances with other Jedi - instead of Anakin being injured, have Quinlan Vos with Aayla Secura in the Maridun episodes (Ahsoka removed too); instead of Obi-Wan being the focus of the Hardeen arc, have Quinlan Vos go undercover like in the good old days (no Anakin subplot); remove Anakin, Padme and Ahsoka from the Mon Calamari arc of S4 and focus on Kit Fisto and another aquatic Jedi... and so on and so on. IMO this will make the show more diverse and it will make the war feel bigger with many POVs.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If I'm asked this question can I use this response?:p

6. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Now I won't use it...lol

7. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

If for entertainment, then I'd probably just start throwing in female Force users:

-Asajj
    -Ahsoka
    -Aayla
    -Luminara
    -Shaak Ti

If this is like some kind of death match:

-Padme
    -Satine
    -Asajj Ventress
    -Ahsoka

Battle Royale rules: All are implanted with explosive chips (courtesy of Watto) If more than one is still alive after an hour, they all die.

Padme would obviously die. Satine too. Asajj and Ahsoka would battle it out. Should Ahsoka win, then she would come to find out that it wasn't really Padme that she killed, but a handmaiden decoy. Padme would be safely outside of the cage with her finger on the detonator for Ahsoka's collar. If Asajj wins, then the cage door opens and someone rats out Padme of her deception, allowing Asajj to win.

I've got nothing against Ahsoka in the long run. But Padme and Asajj are better liked by me. Can't leave anything to chance with Ahsoka's armor made out of the hopes and dreams of millions of children.

And if more than one is still alive after an hour, then the sacrifices of Asajj and Padme will be remembered.

8. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #15: TaradosGon: Which season finale did you find the best and which one did you find as the worst? What would you change about them and why?

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    #15. How would you have brought back Darth Maul? You have to bring him back @DanGrievous.

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

Hmmmmmm...[face_thinking]

Here is how I would do it.

At the end of the Season 3 Nightsisters arc, we will still go and have Savage go find "Maul". Having the medallion will not locate a fleshy and alive Maul but it will lead Savage not to the stupid Junk Planet. It will take him to Korriban.

[​IMG]

On the planet, he goes into a Tomb of Sith Lord maybe Marka Ragnos or any of the other EU Sith we learn from KOTOR II. Instead of dealing with Morley, Savage has to deal with scary and ghostly visions of his dead brother and other images that test his resolve & spirit. I would try to make Savage more than just a tool before he finds "Maul". After the various trials in the depths of the tomb, Savage finds a large chamber at the center of which is a Box. The Box is blood red and bares Maul's symbols and has many Sith symbols on it as well. After observing the Box, Savage almost loses faith and thinks he wasted his time by searching for a Box... but before he starts raging, he notices that there is an opening on the Box that has the same shape as the medallion that Mother Talzin gave him.
    He figures out that the medallion has a second purpose - a key!
    He inserts the medallion into the opening and into flash of red light, the Box opens revealing a Holocron being inside. A Sith Holocron bearing all the markings of the fallen Zabrak Sith Lord.
    After Savage takes the Holocron in his hands and it does the same kind of movements the Holocron from S2 did - it flies up in the air and starts transforming. Then it is starts to project a "hologram" of Maul - one that Savage can interact with. Savage starts learning various teachings and stories via the Maul Holocron thinking that this is just a collection of Sith Knowledge stored by Maul himself.

There proceeds to be a montage of sorts where Savage Opress is almost in a trance like state but at one point the Holocron just stops and issues a message by Maul: "If you are seeing this, that means you have opened the Holocron with the Sith Medallion Mother Talzin has given you. That would mean I have stopped existing in this plain of existence."
    When the message ends, "Maul" informs Savage that it will lead him to the location of Maul.

After a journey to the planet of Dromund Kaas (a planet erased from any archives and hidden from the eyes of the Republic), Savage is led to a big temple. Inside it he is forced to go through various challenges that are not based on mental skills but on riddle-solving skills like the Al Khazneh temple challenges from "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".
    At the end of the maze of death in the temple, Savage has to perform a ritual that he learned from the Holocron. This ritual will bring Maul back. In the middle of incantation, the temple walls burst and in the room storms in a giant Terentatek.

[​IMG]

Savage fights the beast and kills it with brute force. It is revealed that the blood from the slain Terentatek will be used to bring Maul back from the Chaos - the region of the Netherworld of the Force inhabited by the spirits of deceased Dark Lords of the Sith.
    Using the blood from the Terentatek, Savage starts a mystical event that is the materialization of Maul into the realm of living. The sequence could be like a reverse version of the Death of Blackbeard from "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides".

The episode ends with Maul fully "returned" in his form just before he was split by Obi-Wan on Naboo with all his memories. The camera closes in on Maul's eyes which open and Maul takes a deep breath.
    This is how I would have Maul return, I hope you like my take on it.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

Best: Hostage Crisis
    Worst: Lethal Trackdown

Hostage Crisis: I love Bane's introduction and apparent intelligence/planning to carry out his attack on the Senate Building. He strolls right in with each potential complication swiftly dealt with. In a show where the good guys are all Jedi superheros with mystical powers and plasma swords that can deflect blaster bolts, villains either need the supernatural brawn to oppose them in battle, or the intelligence to outwit them. Bane seemed like the latter which seems to be sorely missing from Star Wars. It seems like the creative teams' solution to villains is either tactical droids or villains with Force powers, even though it just feels like the number of Force villains should have stayed at 2-3 (Sidious, Dooku and Asajj). We also have Talzin, Son, Savage, and Maul. While I like Son and was surprised to find Savage interesting (initially), I also think that they can't really go over board with the Dark Siders and would-be Sith scurrying out of the woodwork just to have super-villains. Dooku can pick up some of the slack in that role. Bane was refreshing. Not incompetent in battle, but through most of the danger he poses coming from intelligence and planning.

Now having said that, I would have changed it so that Anakin never gave his lightsaber to Padme. Not only was that cheesy, but what was the point of that gift if he would inevitably have to ask for it back? Also I just felt like the message was that the villains can't win without neutering the hero's potency by depriving him of his weapon. Bane's design was allegedly meant to represent anti-Jedi enhancements - breathing tubes to resist being choked, rocket boots to keep up with fast opponents, etc. Plus with how he later boasts to Obi-Wan (as Rako Hardeen) the real bragging rights come when you kill a Jedi up close. Something that I felt was implied he had experience with. Though that's not really been shown in TCW itself. I would have preferred it had Bane just legitimately thought out a plan that Anakin was unable to counter, rather than the idea that he won just because Anakin conveniently and awkwardly gave up his lightsaber.

As for Lethal Trackdown. I don't think this episode was terrible. I really don't hate any of the season finales. But if I had to choose this was the weakest. Even though I wasn't wild about Maul coming back and completely reducing Savage to a lackey, that episode still left me curious as to where things were going to go in Season 5. Season 2's finale didn't leave me that curious as to what was going to happen in Season 3. I know that Plo Koon and Ahsoka have history, but I think that excuse is used to get those two together when I find it kind of odd that she's being shoehorned into a story where she's tagging along with someone that isn't her master. And if this mission is so important, it's just odd that Plo Koon would decide to take the trainee along for the learning experience when he would be better tasked with taking a more experienced Jedi along. It's not like Yoda sends Obi-Wan to deal with Grievous but asks him to take Zett Jukasaa along too.

So I would have changed the story to perhaps pair Plo with a female Jedi with experience such as Shaak Ti, Aayla or Adi. Probably one of the latter two since it would have been a more realistic expectation since it doesn't seem like Shaak's model was complete yet. They also kept wavering on Boba's feelings of revenge and guilt. I don't know why Lucas insists on making the villains sympathetic. It's a sentiment I feel worded best by a character from Mass Effect, something to the effect of, "If I must kill a murderer, do I really want to know that he's a loving father?" (paraphrased). I felt it appropriate for the tragedy of Anakin. But do I really need to know that the badass bounty hunter Boba Fett was a little kid that at one time was unsure if he could pull the trigger on an unarmed soldier, or even his semi-regretful remarks made to Mace Windu? On a tangent, but did I really need to know that the crimelord Jabba that has Rancors under his throne is a loving father? If they insisted on exploring the idea that Boba Fett really wasn't evil yet, I feel that they could have done more to show Aurra's lasting impact on him and make him take a large step toward being unsympathetic by the end of the arc. Instead he's still very much pitiable and we see no lasting effect of Aurra upon his personality.

12. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #16: TaradosGon: Which elements of Padawan Lost and Wookiee Hunt did you like and which did you not? How did you feel they advanced Ahsoka as a character?

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Marka Ragnos is not originally from Knights of the Old Republic, but Tales of the Jedi.

[​IMG]

All the TotJ references is a major reason why I love those games so much.

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

Well...well... well... I am stumped! The problem is that the show portrays the villains in such a light that it is hard to find somebody who does a good job or has not failed in the most shameful way possible.
    I was gonna say Dooku but the Count has failed so many times due to his lack of vision and arrogance.

In the context of "The Clone Wars" I will take into consideration every villain, no matter how small a role. In my honest opinion, if we do the math the most successful villain of the entire show is.. * Senator Tikkes, drum roll if you please.... the most successful villain of the entire show IS Captain Faro Arguys.

[​IMG]

Let me explain cause I know the answer is bizarre! The fact is that during his employ to Dooku Arguys's only task we know of was the rescue of the awesome separatist leader Nute Gunray. Arguys played his duplicitous role perfectly, making nobody suspect him in being a traitor. When the signal was given, Arguys "took off the mask" and revealed himself to the crew of the "Tranquility", killed his fellow guards and held off Gree for a while. He proceeded to free Gunray during which he was temporarily delayed by Gree. He managed to stall Gree and distract him when Gunray managed to pull the most bad*** thing a CIS leader could do on a show - knock out a clone.
    After all this, Arguys got Gunray to the transport ship and detached from the "Tranquility". Free from the cruiser, Arguys piloting the ship flew away and escaping with the valuable escapee on board.
    Yes, he life was cut tragically short due to anger issue of a certain bald assassin. His death did not ruin the rescue or interrupt anything like with other very amazing villains like Admiral Trench or Tamson.

All in all: Arguys had a one important mission during the short time we knew him and he completed it to the letter. That is why he is the most successful villain of "The Clone Wars".

PS:
    Thanks for the heads up but meant Ragnos was mentioned in the KOTOR II video game during the exploration of Korriban. And he was mentioned in Star Wars The Old Republic too...

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, like I said, all of the TotJ references in the KOTOR video games is part of why I like them so much.

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I said it cause you reminded me of
    ;)

The thing is how the games and the books were so interconnected and felt like one thing. And that always made it a lot of fun to play the game and to see all these references and mentions that make you go "HEY! I red about that guy, he was awesome in the comics!".

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    ;) Seerow

To be honest, my favorite Star Wars video game is STAR WARS: REPUBLIC COMMANDO.
    This game I love so much. The story is perfect, the characters are perfect, the visuals are perfect, everything is perfect. My favorite part is exploring Geonosis and fighting the geonosians. That is so much fun...
    I never get tired of it and I replay it constantly. Currently there are still servers offering online death matches and I love to join in.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  21. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

I felt Padawan Lost and Wookiee Hunt advanced Anakin as a character periphery to the story than they did Ahsoka. Ahsoka did seem to advance in that she had been hardened by war and did not roll over and give up when people depending on her leadership died, as she did earlier. I overall liked the setup of Padawan Lost, and the concept of the trandoshans hunting Ahsoka and the others for sport. I dislike how the Jedi are repeatedly suckered into sparing villains when it's obviously going to bite them in the butt later. The whole killing in anger leading to the dark side is one thing, but it's another IMO when killing someone is the obvious solution to defend yourself or the others that rely on you. For example sparing the trandoshan. It's trying to kill them, killing it in anger may be wrong from the Jedi POV, but killing it in self defense should be acceptable. It's like Luke killing all the people on the Sail Barge in self defense, but when he comes face to face with the Emperor - the greatest evil in the galaxy - who is sitting there blowing up all of Luke's friends, but because he is not armed himself Luke has to stand around and watch.

The Jedi are as helpless as the Predator sometimes

As for Wookiee Hunt I liked that Anakin showed some development in the area of attachments, but I didn't like that it was Ahsoka teaching him this lesson. Obi-Wan is Anakin's mentor and friend, he should have been the one to convince Anakin that his teachings are what kept Ahsoka alive. All that was necessary from Ahsoka was for her to make it clear that she did not place any blame on Anakin, to help relieve his guilt. I liked seeing the wookiee/trandoshan conflict too, but I thought having Chewbacca in particular show up was shoehorning him unnecessarily into the story. I don't really find it necessary for all the characters to be able to play Six Degrees of Ahsoka Tano come the OT.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ahhhh the EU version! Korriban Sith FTW!

(sort of surprised TCW hasn't hit on Korriban yet... it's a continuity gold mine! :p)

TaradosGon: I don't really find it necessary for all the characters to be able to play Six Degrees of Ahsoka Tano come the OT. --I am so going to remember this quote for the future...:p

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

Hope you like this...

If I had to be the guy who chooses what topic, I would make a game about General Grievous. Something kinda like "The Force Unleashed" but with no Force powers but mad skills. But the game is going to have decisions that could affect what kind of General you are and they will affect your gameplay.
    Imagine it...
    Go to Kalee as level 1 and explore Grievous's great backstory including the one he loved. After the events from the EU, you have the choice - Slaughter hundreds of Huks but by doing so you get the attention of the Jedi and you are forced to fight a Jedi task force. After even defeating them, your people are forced off the Huk world. Angry and vengeful, you go to meet with Dooku and the accident happens.
    Be noble and do not take revenge and you save your people from the attention from the Jedi, you feel that with the decision you have spared more suffering for the Kalee people and then you go on the shuttle to meet with Dooku and then the accident happens.

Replay the glorious Battle of Hypori and choose with which Jedi to toy and which Jedi to kill right away.
    Each choice offers several different duels, different order of death to some of the Jedi and different outcome. If you choose with K'Kruhk, Ki-Adi Mundi might able to escape when the clones arrive. But if you get to Ki-Adi first, Shaak Ti lives until the clones come and then she escapes.

Go to Gentes and fight waves of Ugnaughts. In the end of the battle, you win and you have a choice - execute a bombardment from space and destroy a complex where all enslaved Ugnaughts are kept so you could make a padawan break and tell you intel. That will result in a Ugnaught surviving and then taking upon himself to end you. The ugnaught tracks you down and shoots you down over Maridun. There you have to survive the Amanin waves who treat you as an invader of their territory and also avoid the Ugnaught who is hunting you.
    If you survive all that, you reach the Lurmen village from Season One and you slaughter them all to get to their ship and leave the planet.

If you are merciful on Gentes, then the young Jedi you have captured will not yield and she will force you to chase her.

During another Mission, you find yourself on a Station trying to survive attacks by Durge and Asajj Ventress. You defeat them and bring them alive to Dooku's Hologram. You can spare both or you could execute both or you could save Durge but execute Ventress due to the fact of her being obsolete.
    If you spare them both, you are just declared the winner and given the title "Supreme Commander of the Droid Armies" by Count Dooku. But later Ventress betrays the CIS and you have to put an end to Ventress anyway.
    If you kill Durge, after this level you have to take his place on Muunilinst and protect San Hill.
    If you kill Ventress, she will not cause you trouble further in the war and the events of "Massacre" never happen.

After 7-8 more missions like these, all with the feel of Classic Grievous... you come to a crossroad.

If the Battle of Dathomir happens, you have the choice to keep Ventress alive and use her to overthrow Dooku. Going that road would change the events of the saga and remove Dooku from the events of RotS but now Grievous runs the Confederacy with Darth Sidious. Then when the events on Coruscant happen, Grievous will learn of who Palpatine is and he will toss him into space. Sidious dies. Grievous crushes the Republic and storms the Jedi Temple with millions of droids. Picture fire ants swarming a stump. The final battle is Grievous killing Kenobi as the final boss. Kenobi falling to the ground is the final shot of the twisted ending.

If you kill Ventress, all the events of RotS happen as they do. You even go through a "Capture Palpatine" level on Coruscant:
    - On Coruscant you have the choose to risk dying while flying in space but that is cause you will cause the cruiser to explode, killing the Heroes and Palpatine. When you attach yourself to another cruiser you find Mace Windu waiting for you. He is your final boss and tells you all the words he says to Sidious in ROTS. With Windu dead, the CIS ceases the capital. Months later, the Death Star is built over Coruscant by Geonosians.
    Grievous sends it to Kashyyyk and destroys the planet with Yoda on it. That is how the other twisted ending goes.
    - If you choose to follow the events of the movies, it all leads to Utapau where you die. This is the correct ending but a montage of the future is shown. Kalee is shown where the natives learn of the death of their hero and build a monument to Grievous. Grievous falls but is never forgotten.

Like in Mass Effect, many endings are possible,

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  25. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #17: TaradosGon: Which character(s) should not have died in TCW and why?