main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    lol I just saw 07jonesj reply. High five, dude! I was kinda hoping you intentionally landed on your spine just to spite it, but giving yourself a five point heel exploding spine technique is pretty damn awesome, too.

Sounds like an excellent impulsive decision. You should make decisions like that more often.

That goes for the rest of you. Don't listen to jones' advice of not jumping from heights, he's just trying to hog all of the fun.

Go out there and break your spine, you won't regret it.

07jonesj likes this.
  2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Todd the Jedi

1. RotS
    2. ANH
    3. AotC
    4. RotJ
    5. TESB
    6. TPM

wait what someone who doesn't think empire strikes back is the best star wars movie ever BLASPHEMY!!!!!11

RotS has everything you could ever ask for. This baby's got epic starfighter and battle scenes, no less than FIVE lightsaber duels, great special effects, Mustafar, and above all Anakin's heartbreaking but awesome fall from grace. To me it's the crown jewel of the franchise. Plus the bad guys win in the end which automatically makes it better than everything else no questions asked.

ANH had a lot to like as well. The introduction of Darth Vader and the unparalleled menace known as the Death Star are two of my favorite aspects of the movie. The special effects and sounds were ahead of their time and overall it was a worthy intro to the most revered sci-fi franchise of all time. I especially loved Obi-Wan and Han's roles.

AotC had a lot of hype behind it what with the introduction to the Clone Wars and all, and it didn't disappoint. I'm really not too fond of Anakin in this one, and the movie's godawful attempt at a romance subplot sucked terribly, but fortunately the rest was sweet. Loved Jango Fett, the big arena fight in the end, Jango Fett, the speeder chase, Jango Fett, the Kamino part, Jango Fett, the Dooku duel, and did I mention Jango Fett? Great movie overall, like I said before a bit lacking in certain departments, but great overall. Also the plot was twenty times more captivating than it's predecessor.

RotJ I enjoyed overall, but some aspects were lacking. Like, for example, the stupid Ewoks. I have no clue why anyone thought including those things was a good idea. Otherwise, some great stuff here like the final confrontation with Palpy, the Han Solo subplot, Leia's bikini, and the assault on the Death Star II. This probably would've been my favorite one of the original trilogy if it weren't for the whole Endor part. IYAM they should've kept the whole second half in space (or at least picked a more interesting planet). Would've been much cooler visual-wise and content-wise. But hey, what do I know?

TESB--don't get me wrong, I still love this movie, but I simply enjoy the others more. Some great stuff in here, like the asteroid sequence and the assault of the AT-ATs, but I didn't really like Hoth or Cloud City that much. Some nice character development and a good fight scene, but it just didn't hold my interest like the others.

TPM was viewed by many fans as a failure and a disgrace to the original trilogy, but while I don't feel quite that level of hate toward the movie I'm still not fond of it. This movie would rank higher on my list if Jar Jar were the only bad thing about it, but sadly that's not the case. The characters were poorly-developed, the visuals lacking, the lightsaber fights ridiculously choreographed, and the plot moved far to slowly and really only focused on one planet, making for an ultimately lackluster entry to the Star Wars prequels. Oh yeah and Maul was cool, but he alone wasn't enough to save this movie.

07jonesj and Dathomir-Witch like this.
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The Shadow Emperor If you could choose one Force power to have IRL, which one would it be and why?

4. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Todd the Jedi

I've given this one a lot of thought in the past, and while I would like nothing more than to levitate stuff or blast people I don't like with lightning, I think I'm gonna have to go with teleportation, preferably Talzin-style with the mist and whatnot. That would be so cool. I wouldn't have to walk again, could show off to my friends, visit anyone anytime, travel anywhere in the world I want in an instant, carry out heinous crimes with ease and then easily elude the cops...the list just goes on and on, man. What a useful power that would be!

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The Shadow Emperor If you could be any non-human species from TCW (or SW in general), what would you like to be?

6. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Todd the Jedi

My initial impulse was to say "Zabrak," but other than being able to gore people on my horns I don't really see any real benefit. So after giving this one a great deal of thought and research, I think I'm going to have to go with a Shi'ido. Not only can they shapeshift better than Clawdites, but they live for well over 500 standard years. And as if that weren't enough, they have telepathy as well. So yeah. Really wouldn't mind being one of those guys. :D

7. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    The Shadow Emperor If you could visit any one location from TCW, which would it be?

What are your favorite SW video games?

8. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Todd the Jedi

Dathomir, no contest. Although in the interest of safety I would probably have to disguise myself as a female for the duration of the visit.

Haven't really played that many SW games, but the two I have played (Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga and the Episode III DS version) were both pretty fun.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    The Shadow Emperor What would you do if you won the lottery?

What is your opinion of the Star Wars Holiday Special, and do you prefer it with or without RiffTrax?

10. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Todd the Jedi

Go buy all the Zelda games I'm missing, finish my Sonic action figure collection, get the Wii U, pay for all four years of college, and put the rest in savings.

I watched the Nostalgia Critic's review of the Special once, and after that I have no plans on viewing the rest of it.

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    The Shadow Emperor Trust me, it's worth it with RiffTrax. ;)

What's the funniest thing you've ever seen/done?

What is your ideal sundae/dessert?

12. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Todd the Jedi

Last year in chemistry we were boiling test tubes in a hot water bath and I told my friend to check to see if the hot plate was warm enough. So he touched it with his hand. Hilarity and some broken glass ensued. (He later said my class was the most destructive one he's had to date. Considering we managed to break four of his berets, I'm inclined to agree)

Sundae/dessert, eh? I'll give you an answer for both of those. As far as deserts go you can't go wrong with a nice, thick strawberry cake slathered in homemade icing. For some reason I'm the only one in my family who likes it, which I simply do not comprehend. For sundaes in general, I prefer several scoops of strawberry ice cream topped with strawberry syrup with a cherry on top.

I'm a big fan of that flavor, man. ;)

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    The Shadow Emperor 20. What are your hopes for the Sequel Trilogy? Do you even want them to happen at all?

14. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Todd the Jedi

I'm not particularly excited about the ST. Mostly because I'm still cranky over the cancellation.

That said, I probably will wind up seeing them simply because it's Star Wars and I always go to see the new movies. I'm hoping for something similar to TCW wherein we get original storylines with some of the best aspects of the EU sprinkled in as well, like maybe Galen Marek or Thrawn. Other than that, I'm pretty much open to whatever Abrams and the rest of the team have to offer.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    ALRIGHT, LET'S ALL GIVE ANOTHER ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR OUR INTERVIEWEE, THE SHADOW EMPEROR! [face_party]

And now that my interview is over, I leave the thread to everyone else to ask Shadow any questions they have until the next interview. In a day or so we'll continue with TaradosGon.

16. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    The Shadow Emperor

You're obviously a big fan of Maul and Savage, based on your postings and your (new) avatar. In fact, I recall you titling yourself as an "Opressor" along with Fanboy. So first off, did you try to obtain as many definitive stories and reference materials containing Savage, i.e. comics like The Sith Hunters and Darth Maul: Death Sentence, to name a few? Also, in relation to this previous question, how much exposure do you have to the Expanded Universe? You seem to like the villains of the SW universe, so have you tried reading and/or intend to read novels and comics featuring villains, such as Sith characters, in significant roles? I imagine novels like Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter (which I just recently obtained), along with short stories like Saboteur and Restraint, fit right into your ballpark, given your interest in Maul?

Todd the Jedi

Just wondering, but would it be feasible for you to list the next five or so interviewees, so we the audience can see who to expect next? It's not really important, of course, but I am curious. Also, good job on trying to speed the interview up by including two questions per post! ;)

P.S. Seeing as you're running interviews in both LACWAC SWTV and Lit, why haven't they given you colors already? You're pulling double-duty and all!

17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I could tell you, Circular, but then I'd have to kill ban you. :p

However, I will post the person after Tarados. ;)
    It's Circular Logic
    EDIT: As for colors IDK. I guess I'm too humble.

18. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Circular Logic

I have every comic featuring Savage, in addition to every action figure and statue of him ever made. Don't really know of any other reference material for the character besides what I've found online (like this gallery that contains pretty much every piece of official Savage art). I have read a few EU works such as Death Star and Order 66, and given the opportunity I would definitely like to read more of them. Particularly ones featuring Maul. ;)

Circular Logic likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Well you're in luck, Shadow, since a new Maul book is coming out in January- Maul: Lockdown. Dunno if Savage will factor in (since it's pre-TPM) but it should be pretty fun.

20. The Shadow Emperor

Sep 29, 2012
    Cool premise. I guess I'm not the only one fond of the "Maul in prison" story idea.

Speaking of which, I really need to start working on that fanfic...

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Yeah, the dude totally needs recognition by now. The JC gives colors for people who win like, tic-tac-toe in the game section all the time for crying out loud!:p

22. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'll talk it over with at least the other Lacwac mods and see what we can't get done.

23. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    WELCOME, LACWAC, TO OUR NEXT INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @TaradosGon
    1. Tell us more about your username!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I suddenly want one of those upcoming character-focused movies they've been talking about to concern the real Tarados Gon, with that music as trailer theme. And like, 'sposions of the Michael Bay variety.

[​IMG]

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I had no idea he was a Star Wars character, I assumed a character from another franchise.

*ducks*

The Shadow Emperor likes this.