main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

What I like about the LACWAC community!? Hmmm...

The people are inviting and talkative. And that is what counts... after all it is a forum.

Plus, here I promote and mention and constantly squuiizzzee on in Tikkes wherever I can and people are accepting of my Tikkes fandom. I know it is wacky but hey...when I went on starwars.com's comment sections, it was a nasty experience. Yeah, Tikkes has not done as much as Boba Fett or Yoda but no need for the dissing and hate.

Here it is not like that and that is what I love about this place. You feel at home where your fandom is not judged or criticized, you opinions are welcome and people just have fun with discussing things...

SithStarSlayer and Garth Maul like this.
  2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

I can't really think of any characters that I have particularly strong opinions about regarding their deaths.

I'd say Daka. For no other reason than her death was a complete throw away. People had been complaining about Grievous never having won a battle, and since they didn't want to kill Talzin off, Lucas and Filoni apparently decided to bring the character of Daka into the story at the last minute, establish her as being superior to Talzin, and then abruptly killing her off to make Grievous look like he had done something profound when he just killed the All Powerful Random Character I Didn't Know About Until 5 Minutes Ago. She should have stuck around or have been introduced earlier IMO. For instance, Talzin is doing all this stuff with Maul and Savage that nobody really knows about. Had Daka survived, I think they could have played the angle that Talzin is doing things that she really is not supposed to be doing but getting involved in the affairs of the Sith and restoring Maul. Daka could find out and then necessitate Talzin killing her as part of a power play to take control of the clan. But oh wait, it was entirely wiped out. I really am annoyed by Talzin and that we still haven't had any light shed on her plans.

I was kind of expecting a Prophet of Truth thing going on like in Halo 2, where she might share power to a degree with Daka just as Truth did with Mercy and Regret, but he ultimately let them die and didn't lift a finger to help them so that he could take over. And his use of the Arbiter and Elites that he later betrays I thought might be like her relationship with Asajj - use Asajj as an excuse to bring Savage into the picture, use Savage to get Maul, and then betray Asajj or throw her under the bus and use her as a scapegoat for getting involved in matters that the Nightsisters should not be. Instead she's helping both sides rather selflessly. Wouldn't be surprised if Maul and Savage went back to find that she has several cooking sheets full of cookies for the Sons of Dathomir. Good Ol' Mama Talzin.

Another character that I would have spared is Trench. The villains need to have other competent leaders to challenge the Jedi with their intelligence, given their lack of Force talents. Trench seemed like he should have stuck around for another appearance or two rather than being introduced and killed off while less interesting villains like Tactical Droids were used instead.

I like the idea of Waxer's death. But I just thought that he had his biggest moment back in Season 1, had a brief appearance in Season 2, then they waited until Season 4 to kill him off. I would have given him another episode to appear in, such as maybe Mercy Mission to establish his more caring side and allow the character additional screen time rather than killing him off after an almost 2 season gap.

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    #18: TaradosGon: What would be the worst way for TCW team to handle Ahsoka's death if that occurs?

4. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

If she doesn't die (in the span of the show) would be the worst outcome. Her purpose per Filoni seems to be that she is training Anakin to be able to let go of attachments. Part of me thinks that she could die and perhaps Anakin will be there when it happens and he'll be able to talk to her in her last moments and it could be worked out that she doesn't blame him or anything like that and she could help him get through his grief and guilt and he might actually get through it OK, which would add to the tragedy of him refusing to let go of Padme in the same way. Another way would be to have Anakin/Vader kill her and put the cruel twist on it that he's severed his attachment to her enough to kill her without mercy. But I think if she survives past the events of the show then it just makes her purpose less impactful.

I mean, I know that Yoda isn't anticipating her to die. He's just expecting her to mature, become a knight, leave Anakin and go off on her own, and that through the whole process Anakin will learn how to get over his attachments and become more mature and master his emotions and become a Jedi Master. But if she survives to become a knight (which would involve her becoming a knight at a particularly young age) then I also think it leaves the door wide open for her character to survive past TCW and get left for the novels and comics to deal with, which I'm not wild about. Lucas should provide a satisfactory resolution to the character and not just introduce her out of nowhere and then wash his hands of her and dump her fate on someone else.

If she does die, then I think the worst way of handling it would be to make the Sith responsible. It would just bring an elephant into the room IMO in regards to why if Dooku was behind it, then why is this never brought up in ROTS. If Anakin needs to go all out dark side on someone for Ahsoka's death, then I think that person/group should stand apart from anyone we see in ROTS.

5. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #19: TaradosGon: What about the LACWAC community draws you in?

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    TaradosGon I thought the death of Old Daka was great since that was the way to stop the undead Nightsisters, to me it showed a deep understanding of the way old fashioned pulp works and felt like something right out of a Robert E. Howard short story.

7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
  8. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Yes, killing Old Daka was the means by which to stop the undead nightsisters, but I just find it curious that the character seemed to me like she was created for the sole purpose of being killed off and making Grievous look like he accomplished something. I mean, we never heard anything about Daka until Talzin decides that they need help and that she's going to go ask the most powerful clan member, that there had been no prior reference to, for help. Because if Daka was never created and they instead chose Talzin to raise the undead army, then Grievous would barge into the room and fail to kill her (since Talzin has plot armor and needs to stick around so we can find out what her deal was). So that wouldn't have been a satisfying victory for Grievous.

But instead they introduce Daka abruptly, establish that she's the most powerful member of the clan, and then give her up as a kill to Grievous. Grievous kills the eldest, most powerful member of the clan, that we only just met and had no idea that Talzin was second to her.

As for the second half of your post, I don't know enough about any of that to comment :p

AkashKedavra_93

The creativity of some of the members here. I like speculating on plot points, connecting aspects of the story into the overarching saga, etc. Some of my favorite threads are seeing what people put forward in the fanon or episode idea threads, reading how people would end the series, and stuff like that. Plus as far as forums go in the broader sense, this one seems fairly tame. I've seen my share of those in which members can flat out cuss each other out without consequence. Whether that be through mod action or through just a better community, dunno. But it's nice.

9. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #20: TaradosGon: If you could create your own Star Wars spinoff, what would it be?

10. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

It would be a story about the very first beings to discover the Force during a time in which the Star Wars galaxy - while recognizable as such - would be distinctly different in it's scale (e.g. something iconic like a Wookiee might not be known to members of the Republic - if the Republic even were to exist yet). It would be a combination of the Republic finding its footing, annexing - violently or peacefully - new planets, warding off external states that the Star Wars films never gave any indication of having had existed and how the discovery of the Force, for better or worse, begins to change a galaxy that up to that point had existed without Force attuned beings. It would deal with how the Force orders are founded, how the first users, without any kind of dogmatic teachings to follow, avoided corruption by the Dark Side, how the larger Galaxy reacts to these beings when it has never seen a person wield such powers before.

The Star Wars universe always seems a little stagnant. Certain civilizations fit into their little niches that they remain unchanged in for thousands of years, or technology advances at a negligible rate. The EU handles this better, but even then it seems you have to go obnoxiously far back before you get to a time before lightsabers. I would have liked to see a more bold spinoff that takes greater liberties with showing how things were different in the past, albeit while retaining a distinct Star Wars flavor that makes it undeniably a part of the franchise. I thought it was refreshing to even see Lucas throw in the Dark Saber to imply how lightsabers might have been quite a bit different as recently as 1,000 years prior to the films.

11. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Bonus Question Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#21: TaradosGon: Which arc could have used more expansion in your mind? Write the extension. :)

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I think Old Daka had powers beyond what Mother Talzin could do, but she wasn't as good in a physical fight and her easy death was proof of that.

Also, it's definitely the mods. [face_laugh]

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

I am pretty sure very is the correct word here. I could always check with Senator Tikkes about my "LACWACy" status... [face_laugh]

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  15. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    AkashKedavra_93

The Mortis arc needed extension in its wrap up. In Overlords, Anakin had the power to bring both Son and Daughter to their knees, in the latter episodes of the arc, he posed no threat to Son whatsoever, and there is no accounting for this. Also, for being strictly of the light side, I found it curious that Daughter would participate in the Father's plan to kill Obi-Wan and Ahsoka, forcing Anakin to take action. The whole thing was probably a setup and Father probably had no sincere intention of killing either, but I think this could have been cemented by dialogue between Daughter and Obi-Wan. Also, I just found it odd that Daughter is the one that saves Ahsoka from death, yet, in ROTS Anakin is told that the Dark Side is the path to such power and that the Jedi - of the light side - will not share that power.

At the very end, I also just didn't understand how any of that proved that Anakin is the Chosen One. Anakin didn't do anything. Anakin fell to the Dark Side, then he was unsure how to kill Son and Qui-Gon cast some doubt as to whether that was even the right path to take, yet in the end it's the Father's own action that drains the Son of his power. Anakin did nothing but hold the lightsaber the delivered the killing blow. I mean, what would have happened had Obi-Wan taken the initiative to do that?

The background of Son and Daughter was also very vague, as to how they conveniently split to two completely different ideologies or from whom they learned these things.

I would have expanded things to explain that following Ahsoka's kidnapping by Son, Anakin begins to back slide into having doubts about being the Chosen One and becomes afraid of losing her and feels guilty that whatever happens to her will be his fault. The Son in turn begins to feed off of that fear to fuel his own power and breaks away from being susceptible to Anakin's dominance. When Obi-Wan goes to Daughter for help and she refuses and tries to remain passive, Obi-Wan would call her out on her hypocrisy of being selfless when she threatened to kill him and Ahsoka. She would then clarify that it was all simply a test and that no harm was ever meant to come to either.

More dialogue would be included between Father and Anakin in regards to the necessity of the Dark Side and how too much Light Side would alter the nature of the universe. There would be effort to discriminate between Sith and Dark Side and that the latter operates at a natural rhythm balanced with the light side to both destroy and create and keep the universe in a constant state of renewal, while the Sith focus on negative emotions and create destruction that goes against the natural pattern. Too much Light Side would in contrast eliminate the struggles that drive advancement - social, technological, etc. and that the Galaxy would stagnate in an existence without hope.

When it comes to saving Ahsoka. Father would use Daughter's power to remove the taint of the Dark Side, but Ahsoka's survival would be left as something that the Father is unsure of - he doesn't know if it will work or not.

The nature of Mortis as a conduit for the Force outside of the Temporal World would be the explanation for how Qui-Gon could appear there. And Sith Lords could too. But neither could appear in the Temporal World. The idea of Sith corrupting Son would be established, as well as the idea that Jedi have brought Daughter to the Light Side. In the end it would be less about 3 super-beings dominating the Force and events of the Galaxy, as it would be that the Force has done what is necessary to create two polarized opposing entities to maintain a balance of power that is only disrupted when Anakin enters the picture as an entity outside of that struggle that Son leeches off of for his own power and to disrupt the balance.

The end would be changed so that it is not the Father who shares power with the Son, but rather the Son drawing power from Anakin. Father would warn Anakin that killing the Son could be dangerous to Anakin and Anakin would be afraid and speak to Qui-Gon who would tell him that he must do what he knows is right. Eventually Anakin would overcome his fear and let go of his guilt and would once again be able to dominate the Son. Anakin would then strike down the Son, fully expecting to die himself, but instead is sustained by the Light Side, albeit suffers as the Son dies. With the death of Son and Daughter, Father would fade away into the Force as his role as caretaker is no longer necessary. But before departing he will reinforce his faith that Anakin is the Chosen One that can bring balance to the Force.

16. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    TaradosGon: =D= Very well done man and damn that was quite an answer!

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Very nice answer Tarados, although reading it only makes me hate the Mortis arc more :p

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Whoh. He chose the Mortis arc. Gutsy.

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Seerow

"Narrow escape"

Newsreel:

"Turmoil in the Confederacy! After losing key battles in the Outer Rim Sieges, the Separatists are being pushed further and further in desperation. We find Separatist Leader Tikkes on the world of Pammant, overseeing the secret underground factories of the Alliance. How long before this base falls too..."

Senator Tikkes is checking his stats and riches, overlooking the contraction of the massive ships of death. These are the same places where the Malevolence was built. (there is a wide shot of a half-built Subjucator ). ​
    Feeling safe, at that moment Tikkes is informed by his troops that the system scanners around the planet have detected a Praetor - cruiser and it will enter the system in a matter of minutes.​
    Tikkes orders any finished vessels to be send out to defend the shipyards. Enraged Tikkes also issues an order of evacuation of all isolationist forces off the planet and to plan a course to Minntooine - another nearby stronghold populated by Quarren isolationists.​
    Tikkes couldn't care less what happened to anybody but himself. He did not care if anybody made it out alive. He only cared that if this ordeal ended positively for the Confederacy, he would like to still have his supporters.​
    A battle over the world ensues with isolationist fighters flying into the night sky of Pammant. Newly built ships are released and piloted by droids into battle. Even the half-built Subjucator is flown up over the world to stop any Republic bombers to attack the surface. It uses the only finished Ion cannon and disables several bombers.​
    The Republic forces fight bravely but one Hyena bomber damages the hyperdrives of the cruiser and the Quaestor starts preparing to jump into hyperspace. Due to the damage the jump will not occur and the cruiser would jump into the planet. Destroying it in the process...​
    Just at that moment, Tikkes runs with a few of his trusted Quarren Commandos to a Trident ship (having on board some plunder Tikkes stored just in case) and blasts off. ​
    From safe distance, he looks out the window and sees how the giant cruiser makes a failed hyperspace jump and how the ships ruptures the entire planet's surface, killing everything on it in a flash of radiation.​
    The episode ends on a shot of Tikkes's trident flying into the camera and we see the remains of the once mighty Confederacy shipyard.​
    "Crashland"
    "Senator Tikkes narrowly escapes the destruction of Pammant. But now he is quick on his way to a secret meeting deep in the Outer Rim. A meeting that could decide the fate of the galaxy. But on his way to Outer Rim world, Tikkes was uninformed of the changed galactic map. Entering retaken Republic space and is now being chased by Republic forces who have identified his ship..."​
    Evading several Republic vessels, Tikkes manages to make his way all the way through from the Calamari sector to the Leritor sector but around the planet Leritor. Going down, Tikkes crash-lands on the mysterious beach. Not knowing where he is Tikkes does not stray far cause he sends his commandos to locate a settlement. While Tikkes waits, out of the water come out many crab-like creatures that surround him and gaze at the giant squid-like vessel as some kind of god almost. ​
    Tikkes offers some of his riches in return for equipment to fix the crashed ship. The native crab-like Sauvax agree to supply him with what he needs and a few offer to help. When the repairs are done, the commandos returns baring bad news - the republic has touch down not far from here looking for the crash site. ​
    Alert, Tikkes lies to the Sauvax that the Republic forces are an evil invading force that will want to enslave them. The giant crabs believe Tikkes's masterful skill of persuasion and lying. ​

While the Republic troops are holding off against the natives, Tikkes fires up his Trident ship and flies off. Once again evading Republic capture...​
    "Final hour"
    "Tipping point! Count Dooku lost. With the Confederacy in retreat after the Battle of Coruscant, the CIS council leaders converge on the planet Utapau to plan their next moves in the War. Tikkes finally makes it to the occupied world and joins his colleagues on the meeting..."​
    Tikkes sits on the far right of the table, one seat from San Hill and Wat Tambor. He listens to General Grievous and disagrees in his mind with the decision of Grievous to send them to a volcanic world but does not voice his opinion cause he knows what happens to those who do. After the meeting ends, the rest of the Council members hurry to their transport ship to get to Mustafar but Tikkes does not stay with the group. As a very aquatic creature, Tikkes hates heat. He could not stand the sands of Tatooine, let alone the temperatures of a furnace that is Mustafar. ​
    He stays behind and almost changes his mind when... he and his troops are confronted by Republic Commandos. His soldiers inform him that these were the same clones that followed the Senator on Leritor.​
    The clones shoot the Quarren Commandos but Tikkes manages to escape on one of the other Tsmeu-6 personal wheel bike stored on level 10.​
    The Clones pursue on BARC speeders and try to stop the senator. ​
    It turns out that Tikkes missed the shuttle and that the Republic had invaded when the Commandos attacked the Senator. Tikkes's wheel bike is shot by the clones and crashes in a nearby hangar.​
    Cornered, alone, with a bounty on his head by the Republic, Tikkes draw a blaster from the destroyed machine. The Quarren throws the weapon away when the Clone Commandos arrive on the spot. ​
    Tikkes raises his hands when the Commando tells him to. ​
    At that point the commandos contact Palpatine who has just defeated Mace Windu on Coruscant. The Commando asks the Sith Lord what needs to be done with the captured Separatist Leader. Sidious decides that the times has come, that he does not need the CIS leaders and that this will be the first executed war criminal. The commando nods and puts away the hologram projector.​
    Knowing that this is the end, Tikkes closes his big blues eyes and prepares for the end. The Camera pans down to the floor and we see the robe of Tikkes closer to us. In the distance the clones raise their blasters. A different shot from outside the hangar is shown and then we hear the blaster fire. ​
    The Clone Commandos are picked up and they report to Palpatine that the mission is successful. Palpatine says something sinister and we see the transition to "Created and Produced by George Lucas"...​
    That is how ends the rule of the Quarren Separatist Leader Tikkes and that is why he is not on Mustafar.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Awesome ideas Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan. Congrats to completing your interview. Everyone give Dan around of applause and Dan you give yourself a nice big pat on the back.

We'll be back on Monday with another exciting edition of LACWAC interviews. Until then grill these dudes! And AkashKedavra_93 would you be so kind as to update us on our next victims?

21. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh... well then. <<;

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    This should be interesting. An interviewer getting interviewed.:D

24. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    The circle shall be complete!

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks a lot Seerow! ;) It has been very fun and a pleasure to be interviewed by you. Thank you for the awesome questions... May the Force be with you and this thread!!!

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.