main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    SpecialOpsUnit

No problem, take your time if you need to, RL comes first.

8. How would you rank Seasons 1-6 (including the "Lost Missions") and what is the reasoning behind those rankings? Where does the movie fit in there?

2. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Circular Logic

8. How would you rank Seasons 1-6 (including the "Lost Missions") and what is the reasoning behind those rankings? Where does the movie fit in there?

Wow, good question..hmm.

Season 2
    Season 4
    Season 5
    Season 6
    Season 1
    Season 3
    TCW Movie

Season 2 still stands tall above all. I felt like it had the perfect mix of the actual war along with other types of adventures that don't particularly have another to do with the war. Seasons 4-6 can definitely be switched up a bit, the show was just firing on most if not all cylinders, I just don't like how they didn't focus too much on the war as much. We didn't really get much action with the Phase II armor, which is unfortunate because they did an amazing job making them. You can definitely tell GL was more involved after Season 2, especially with TCW telling more arcs than one offs. Season 4 gets the 2nd spot for now though because of Umbara and Cad Bane. Season 1 has some of my favorite episodes in Rookies, Trespass and Hidden Enemy but the animation was still being worked on too much and too many errors going on. Season 3 was a bit of a waste IMO, it started perfectly with the Kamino dualogy and ended amazingly with the Ahsoka arc but the middle was a mess.

TCW movie...well I tend to forget that exists.

3. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    SpecialOpsUnit

9. List your top five favorite TCW episodes and explain why.

4. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    Circular Logic

Another question that makes me think...hmmm...

1. Rookies
    I don't think I'll have to explain this one too much, it really is amazing how the 5th episode that premiered is still considered one of the best episodes of the series. It perfectly shows that all clones are different. Most of the older fans who read the graphic novels and comics could confirm this but it was mostly commanders or ARC Troopers that were more unique. This episode showed that even regular grunts are the same. Each character was different and besides Fives being a little plain(we all know how much that changes) each clone had a different type of voice, which I loved. You could hear the different tones between someone like Echo and Hevy. This was the episode that proved that DBB knew what he was doing with these clones.

2. Darkness on Umbara
    One of those perfect episodes where action and story was mixed well. We got to see Fives being fleshed out a bit, proving why he was an ARC Trooper and how much he has changed going from unit to unit and fighting alongside different Jedi for a while and not just with Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka. Gave us a trooper like Dogma who we knew was gonna be a bit of a pain throughout the arc but the star of this episode and the arc was obviously Rex, this forum has had plenty of discussions about this arc and what it did to Rex's character and it all started with the ending of this episode. It was good to have Rex back in the starring role after taking most of Season 3 off, he was a supporting character in ARC Troopers and the Citadel arc, even in the Citadel arc, Cody was the more featured clone.

3. Trespass
    Just a fun one off episode honestly. Strange this is the only time we get a snow/ice planet and it is in Season 1. Imagine what this episode would of looked like in Season's 4-6? The action was great and Chariman Cho was a great guest character, a little one sided but nicely acted and someone you didn't mind seeing die. The banter between Anakin and Obi-Wan was at high levels and Rex was a badass. Don't need to say much more.

4. The Lawless
    Hard to keep this episode off anyone's Top 5 favorite list. The action, the dialogue, the duel and everything coming together was just perfect. Unfortunately we won't see the conclusion of Maul in animated form but this episode had everything and is definitely an episode you show your friends to get them hooked on the show. Maul killing Satine and the back and forth between Obi-Wan and Maul before that remains one of my favorite scenes of the series.

5. The Unknown
    Sign me up for a Anakin-Fives-Rex team up episode anytime. An amazingly animated episode that was just a bunch of fun. Wish we had more episodes like this of Jedi and clones.

Honorable Mentions: Landing at Point Rain, Hidden Enemy, Carnage of Krell, Innocents of Ryloth, Bounty, Shades of Reason, Sacrifice.

This is my favorites list and I'm sure my best episode list would be much different.

5. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    SpecialOpsUnit

Sounds great. Though I won't ask what your best episodes list is, feel free to answer that off the record. Sorry for the late response, I've been MIA for a little bit.

10. Say you get your job in law enforcement. If you could construct a team of up to ten TCW characters (they can be picked from those who also showed up in the films and elsewhere) to assist you in this team, who would you choose and why?

6. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    @Circular Logic

Well this is an interesting question...hmmm. To make it a little interesting I'm gonna have no Jedi on it.10 is little extensive but I'll try to make it work.

1. Captain Rex, my 2nd in command, I don't think I really need to explain this one do I?
    2. Fives, Rex and Fives have worked together before so the familiarity will do us well
    3. Gregor, from what we saw of him, I doubt he'll need the rest of us but he is a one man army by himself
    4. R2, in case we get into a jam, R2 usually can get us out of it.
    5. C-3PO, unfortunately but I'm sure we'll encounter people who don't speak good English, nice to have a translator on hand. He'll get a little annoying during the slow days though.
    6. Kix, the team medic
    7. Bo-Kotan, her fighting skills are lethal and we need a girl on the team

I stopped at 7 because it was more difficult than I thought. I couldn't do any Bounty Hunters because they'd be in it for the money and most Separatist characters in the show was a joke, so I went with mostly clones.

Circular Logic likes this.
  7. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    SpecialOpsUnit

Fair enough. To speed things up, I'll ask you multiple questions from here on out.

11. What is it about the clones in TCW that makes them your favorite characters? In particular, the one in your avatar, Captain Rex?

12. If you had been in charge of TCW instead of Dave Filoni, what would be different about the show? What would you change, and what would you keep?

8. SpecialOpsUnit

Sep 1, 2007
    @ Circular Logic

funny story, finished these questions a few days ago but my computer bugged out on me and I lost everything just as I was pressing "Post Reply," it like 25 minutes of typing so I needed a few days to recover from that.

11. What is it about the clones in TCW that makes them your favorite characters? In particular, the one in your avatar, Captain Rex?

They just became characters you could easily root for. Obviously the movies couldn't really hit on it and the comics did an okay job on it but most clones were just nameless drones who would follow orders and had cool armor, not much else was known about them. TCW crew made it so that the commanders and all the way to the grunts all were different people, with different ideas, opinions and they tried to individualize them as much as possible. Something I didn't think they'd do a good job with but the clones imo were arguably the best part about TCW. You were rooting for some of these guys we got to know to make it out of this war safely. You were rooting for a guy like Waxer to make it out of this war alive after Innocents of Ryloth premiered. I think it is just good storytelling when you become worried for the character's fate in the show, book, movie, whatever and that you get so attached to a character(s) that you want to see them get out of it or get with the girl in the end or whatever. I remember the reaction here on the forums after Echo was killed in Counterattack, it was insane. I checked other boards and the internet in general and the fan reaction was crazy, so many people upset about a clone who was in a few episodes being killed off. It got so bad that Filoni himself wrote a letter on Facebook to everyone to why he killed off Echo. If Echo's death could have such a strong reaction, what if Rex was killed when the show was at their highest point in viewership? It is unfortunate that the clones kinda got the shaft in Seasons 4 and 5, especially when characters like Fives, Rex, even Cody were developed more, definitely wanted to see more buddy episodes like in Season 6 with Anakin, Rex and Fives.

I could type for days why Rex is my favorite character but I'll keep it short and sweet. At first he was just a cool clone with a cool set of armor, animation wise Fordo was the last clone we saw with the Jaig eyes and to earn a pair of those, it meant you did some serious stuff and I actually always wanted to know how Rex earned those. Anyway, his sense of loyalty between his troops and his commanding officers is another trait of his. I feel like he didn't get much development as a character in Season 1 but it started in Season 2 with Landing at Point Rain and just skyrocketed from there. Something so small like climbing to the huge wall with the guns when he had strict orders from Anakin to just stick to concentrating on the guns on the wall, does wonders for someone's character. He disobeyed orders and saw that Ahsoka and Anakin was in trouble so he climbed the wall and helped out. That is something we wouldn't see in any clone, not even Cody. Such a small scene but does major for the development of the character IMO. His development just skyrocketed from there and how can you not like some of his badass scenes like in Trespass, when he rescues the Chairman and gets him on the speeder bike.

12. If you had been in charge of TCW instead of Dave Filoni, what would be different about the show? What would you change, and what would you keep?

After Season 2 I feel like the show got a little off target and didn't focus too much on the war and the affects it was having on the galaxy. I always thought that Season 2 had a good mix of the war and other side stories they wanted to tell like Boba Fett or the Mandolorians. I think them introducing larger arcs definitely affected that. They had a lot of great single episodes like Trespass, Rookies(I count this as a standalone and apart of a bigger arc) and Bounty. I just wish the war was a bigger part of the story in the later seasons instead of so much focus on Maul, which I hated at first but loved in Season 5, Oppress and politics. I remember in Season 3 we had that episode where Ahsoka was teaching some Mandalorian class and in the beginning of the episode Rex and Anakin had to leave and assist Kit Fisto on the frontlines, why couldn't we see something cool like that instead of a 12 year old teaching a class? I also wanted to see more Separatists stories and more of their heroes. I wanted them to introduce an honorable, noble hero who actually believed in the cause. He/She wouldn't be an arrogant overlord or some repetitive droid. Just someone fighting for what they believed in. I also would want to see the Separatists invade a Republic held planet and "liberate" it from them. See it from their point of view and paint the Republic as the bad guys. Definitely wanted to see some more buddy episodes like Anakin, Rex, Obi-Wan and Cody being stranded on a planet or behind enemy lines. And besides Plo Koon, not many other Jedi were used so much, we didn't see Luminara or Aayla Secura after Season 2 besides in the background. I loved the show dearly but it definitely could of been much better.

9. Circular Logic

Mar 3, 2013
    Sorry to hear that. Word of advice when writing out a long response next time. Copy your entire post before hitting "Post Reply" so you can quickly paste it again if you end up getting logged out or your computer glitches for whatever reason.

13. What are your favorite Star Wars videogames?

14. What are your favorite things about the Clone Wars micro-series?

10. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The old copy & paste is good -- for really long stuff a word processor or something similar (Notepad, email draft, etc) can help too. I've lost so many replies over the years that I immediately backup anything longer than a few sentences before hitting "reply" at this point. Xenforo's not as bad as the old IGN boards, but it's still not to be trusted.

SpecialOpsUnit -- I hear you on the lack of clones after Season 2 in TCW. I liked many of TCW's non-clone arcs, but combined they had enough to be their own separate TV series (the "Scum and Villainy Show" or whatever). I sort of hope we'll see the reverse happen in Rebels -- stormtrooper-centric storylines infiltrating the usual Rebels tales.

11. MrRC-Sev

MrRC-Sev Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2014
    Favorite SW video game: battlefront 2
    Favorite things about micro series? Errr mace windu,c captain fordo and grievous that's it everything else SUCKED

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hi MrRC-Sev. The way this thread works is one (and sometimes two, like now) person gets interviewed at a time. Their names are in the thread title.

So, please refrain from answering questions in the thread. That's all. [face_peace]

13. MrRC-Sev

MrRC-Sev Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2014
    Ok sorry, I'm still new here