main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion LACWAC Member Interviews (★☆★ SpecialOpsUnit & Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes ★☆★)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    8. Todd the Jedi, if you could pick an awesome 5 from that list to team up whether dead or alive. Who would you team up?

AkashKedavra_93

I tend to think the single episodes "Shadow Warrior" and "A Friend in Need" suffered the most from lack of time and should have been extended into at least two part arcs. It would have fixed the pacing issues and allowed a more believable plot to exist in "Shadow Warrior". Anakin's rescue could have been more like what the forum speculated it would be going into season 4. Mandalore and the attempt at diplomacy could have gotten more focus if "A Friend in Need" was extended. I would have cut "Nomad Droids" from season 4.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    8. @Todd the Jedi, if you could pick an awesome 5 from that list to team up whether dead or alive. Who would you team up?

Obi-Wan as the team leader
    Mara Jade as his second in command/token woman
    Han as the snarky and cocky sidekick, though he'd insist he was in charge
    Yoda as the quirky oddball of the group
    and Nom Anor as the traitor in the midst who eventually has a change of heart

Seerow

3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    #14: Seerow: Which character has inspired you the most from the Star Wars saga?

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    9. If you put these characters into a deathmatch who would get out alive Todd the Jedi?

AkashKedavra_93

Hmmm...

Riyo Chuchi. Put your self doubts asside, believe in yourself, and your abilities, then make an epic speach to create peace between two very different parties.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    9. If you put these characters into a deathmatch who would get out alive @Todd the Jedi?

Mara. Hands down. Han might make it; he'd certainly give Mara a run for her money.

Seerow

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    10. What are your 5 favorite episodes of TCW and why do you like them so much Todd the Jedi?

7. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    10. What are your 5 favorite episodes of TCW and why do you like them so much @Todd the Jedi?

In no particular order, other than air date:

Hostage Crisis- Cad Bane's introductory episode remains my favorite featuring the Duros bounty hunter. It has so much badassery, from Cad and his posse. Even though I found Robonino annoying, he did take out Anakin.

Landing At Point Rain- This is how a battle episode should be. Wall-to-wall form start to finish. The body count thing was a great team building exercise, and even Ki-Adi joined in on the fun. And then of course, flamethrowers. :D

Arc Troopers- I really liked the Battle of Kamino. The Trident ships were really cool and well used in this episode. Then there was 99, who played an important role in the episode. I thought his death was really well done.

Citadel trilogy- I can't remember what happened in what episode, so I'll count this as one entry. Overall I liked the look of the Citadel itself and the planet it was on. Very atmospheric. It had some great action and good character moments between Anakin and Tarkin.

Carnage of Krell- The Umbara arc was really good. Then this episode came and left the others in the dust. The buildup in this episode was done excellently, as was the final confrontation with Krell. It's such a powerful image when Rex and the others march up to the command tower à la Operation Knightfall. Rex's contemplation of the events at the end was particularly poignant. Always reminds me of a similar clone from the Dark Times comic.

Seerow

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    11. Many people say seasons 3 and 4 were the worse seasons of TCW. If you could go back in a time machine and fix your least favorite seasons of TCW what improvements would you make Todd the Jedi?

9. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #15: Seerow: Which one-off characters would you like to bring back and how?

10. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    11. Many people say seasons 3 and 4 were the worse seasons of TCW. If you could go back in a time machine and fix your least favorite seasons of TCW what improvements would you make @Todd the Jedi?

I think I'd expunge most of S3, namely Corruption, The Academy, Assassin, Evil Plans, and Pursuit of Peace. I'd alter Sphere of Influence so that it was all about the Papanoidas and not Ahsoka. Basically I'd lessen her role as much as I could. :p The biggest change I'd make would concern the Nightsister trilogy. Mostly, I'd say "Maul has a brother? Nuh-uh, horrible idea" and I would leave Zabraks out of it completely, switching them out for humans, or whatever species the nightsisters are supposed to be. But not Zabraks. Which, in turn would mean no Maul in later seasons. As for Savage, I'd leave him about the same, but cooler. Not sure on the specifics there, but he wouldn't be some brother-obsessed brute. More like Tol Skorr was in the comics. Less powerful than Asajj, but still an important follower of Dooku's.

I'd also erase Shadow Warrior from existence. The first two seasons I'd leave mostly alone; though, since we're talking time travel, I'd enlighten the designers of the past and show them the improved animation styles of S3 on. I actually have little to no major beef with S4.

Seerow

QuangoFett likes this.
  11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93

1. Chopper, the clone with PTSD. I'd bring him back simply as a soldier going into battle and portray him as being even more off with additional injuries to his eye being fake.

2. Rako Hardeen (the real one), had his mind wiped showing the republic can be evil. We come across a poor lost and confused guy, the face of the guy who saved the Chancellor from being kidnapped and he is taking care of peoples tables at some hole in the wall dinner. Then maybe Randy can show up and strangle him, J/k.

3. Goldie, If Todo 360 can be rebuilt so can this astromech. Goldie returns seeking revenge on R2 and Ahsoka, brace yourselves. =b

12. Todd the Jedi, what was your favorite TCW season premier and how would you have made it better?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  12. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #16: Seerow: Which traits do you appreciate the most in a person?

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93

Sense of humor
    Spontanous
    Compassion
    Optimism
    Creativity
    Cat Lover

14. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #17: Seerow: What are your favorite books and what do you feel they reveal about you as a person?

15. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if we DO see a clone with PTSD someday. The show would probably not use that term specifically, but if it's already introduced kids to suicide and child murder, I don't think they'd shy away from PTSD.

That's... the most randomly awesome list of dads I've ever seen.:p

Huh. And here I thought I was the only one impressed with that guy. They should have made him some sort of recurring, voiceless threat that shows up with Death Watch every once in a while. Sort of like TCW's version of the OT's Boba Fett.

You just want to see Obi-Wan suffer more, don't you?:p

The irony about Anor is that his ego actually made him one of the most practical of the YV (and NJO!) bunch. In a galaxy where the ego of villains (Anakin, Palpatine, etc) continuously makes them blind to reality, Anor was a major exception. I still think it's utterly ridiculous they killed him off in a sourcebook.[face_sigh]

Seerow likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    12. @Todd the Jedi, what was your favorite TCW season premier and how would you have made it better?

Clone Cadets/ARC Troopers. Like I said earlier, I really liked the Battle of Kamino. And though I haven't seen Rookies, I liked the dynamic between the cadets in the first episode. 99 was a great character too. He reminded us that the clones are inherently good people, just soldiers following orders of an increasingly totalitarian government.

One improvement I'd make would be to include rain on Kamino. I know it's extremely difficult to animate, but I would take the time to make it look awesomely accurate. I'd also include the cut scene with Asajj, naturally. Otherwise I wouldn't change it much. It's great as is.

Seerow

And Barriss_Coffee, Nom didn't die in the Complete Encyclopedia, he died in TUF. :p Although I really like Nom, I'm glad he died in the end. The NJO was his series, and he fulfilled his role. He said he wanted no part of whatever future was in the works, and can you really blame him, considering the Vong got shoved aside in Dark Nest and on?:p He was the ultimate pragmatist, something completely foreign to most Vong.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I wish I was a more avid reader. In no particular order here are 10 of my favorites. I worry more about what my book selection reveals about me than what it reveals about other people. I'm shallow like that I guess.

Animorphs series
    Warriors Series
    Guardians of Ga'hoole
    Chronicles of Narnia
    Everworld
    80 Days Around the World
    The Railway Series
    Bunnicula
    Toxin Series

-I would love to see a PTSD clone
    -I had a longer list and stuck with a random list of dads. lol.
    -The mando sniper was just awesome.
    -I'm proud of myself for not saying Rex for president.

13. Todd the Jedi, if you were a Jedi how would you have escaped orders 66?

18. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #18: Seerow: What is it that brings you back to TCW every week (for the most part)?

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93

TCW is my pick me up at the end of the week and a perfect escape from reality. That's why I watch it every week or sometimes pop in the Blu-rays.

20. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #19: Seerow: What attracts you to LACWAC?

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    AkashKedavra_93

Originally I just wanted to talk about TCW and I have no idea why I started posting so quickly here after joining. I'm usually more of a lurking. I love TCW and I love to talk about it. There are also members here I really enjoy talking to who keep me coming back. |LACAW| out.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  22. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    #20: How LACWACy are you Seerow?

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I own LACWAC.com.

24. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Bonus Time! #21: Seerow: Write a four-episode arc with Rex and Cut.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    ^Oh boy, I'm gonna need all of Sunday to come up with something. Stay tuned.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.