main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Lady Gaga's Transformation

Discussion in 'Community' started by AmidalaLover, Apr 25, 2015.

1. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Has anyone seen Lady Gaga's transformation? She has bee showing her singing ability and classiness.
    She sang songs from the Sound of Music at the Oscars:
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...4986356978&refsrc=http://www.google.com/&_rdr

Singing the title track of her album with Tony Bennett at the Grammys:

Singing a Jazzy cover of Cher's song Bang Bang:

Singing a version of the classic song Bewitched Bothered and Bewildered:

Her tribute to Sting at his Kennedy Center Honors:

Hope she starts showing her talent and has more toned down music for her next pop album.

Gamiel likes this.
  2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    well i have never been a big fan of hers, but i like that music and i've been tempted to get her music with tony bennett

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I loved her performance at the Oscars, and I'm hoping she does more stuff like that.

4. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    i saw her transform into a wolf once and bite a buck's head clean off. it was sick and very impressive.

Boba Nekhbet, tom, harpua and 4 others like this.
  5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    It is always a good thing when people stop being subversive and start becoming more conventional. She still lacks depth as an artist relative to many others, but this is a good sign in terms of her personal development.

6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Her wardrobe choices are always interesting and somewhat inventive.

7. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    This is the part we are trying to stop.

8. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    If you look at her life its very interesting. She was gained early admission to NYU Tisch School of the Arts becoming 1 of 20 people to be given early admission in the history of the school. She also writes her own songs. She is a classically trained singer and pianist. I was supeised when I learned all of this. Heck she originally wanted to be a rock/classical influenced artists but her and her label decided that dance music was the way to go.

9. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Who's your favorite musical artist of all time Wocky?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. AmidalaLover

Aug 19, 2014
    She is like Earths version of Queen Amidala haha.

11. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    yeah it's always a problem when people are too wacky and out there. it makes normal people uncomfortable. it is admirable to streamline yourself and move into a more normal mode, so that you can contribute to normality and stop ruffling the feathers of normal folks.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Will she ever become Queen Gaga?

13. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    People spend so much time talking about being "outside the box." I feel it's long past time we got back in the box.

I Are: I don't know that I have one.

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Does said box have a nice floor to sleep on, Wocky?

15. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    She won me as a fan when I listened to her on Howard Stern.

16. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    All boxes have floors, Tunick.

17. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    You're right, it took until she teamed up with Tony Bennett to have her release a song that stands purely on her vocal talent.

Oh, wait.....

I seem to remember this little song called You and I which might just be a mix of country and 70's rock music. Or one of the many times she did Paparazzi or Poker Face as an acoustic ballad. Or her live performances of Speechless which was written about her father.

As to the often voiced ideas that it was the label that pushed her to make dance music, or that all of her music is just written to current commercial stylings, it shows a singular lack of attempt to research. To the former, Gaga performed at Lollapalooza back in 2007 with her known electronica/dance music stylings prior to being signed to Interscope Records. As to the latter, she became a success from the start performing in a style that has only seen commercial success from Madonna, Kylie Minogue and in parts Gwen Stefani (each already established artists by the time they started incorporating dance and/or electronica into their music) but in a fashion that made it more "mainstream" then is labelled as being derivative when continuing to produce music of that style (even while branching out).

She did explode onto the global music scene in a loud, weird, avant-garde style that was absolutely carefully crafted. By her (and her picked team for the purpose), with an aim to provoke examination of what is being said/shown in the music she released. I just always find it funny how many pages get written about how she (and most other artists) create the music and whether it's 'authentic' or 'crafted by the label' rather than engaging in and examining the music and any messages in it.

18. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    She should do what she wants. If she likes wearing crazy things and being operatic in her shows, she should do it. If she feels like doing something stripped down, she should do it.

Either way, even though I don't like all her stuff all the time, I'm well aware that she's extremely talented. She is a much better singer and musician than most of her contemporaries.

19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I wish all modern pop star would only sing standards from decades before most of them were born.

20. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    She's an extremely talented singer and hopefully her latest moves will finally make her critics take notice of that.

21. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    at some point everyone does a song with tony bennett - he's like a 1940's lil wayne

22. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Wocky, is Will Smith not a musical artist? Do you only decline to pick a favorite because you can't decide if you like him or Willow better?

harpua and Boba_Fett_2001 like this.
  23. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    You forget that music contains emotion.

24. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

No no no, that's Frank Sinatra. Except he actually was packing heat.

25. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    When the outrageous stuff stops being inspired and feels more like an obligation to top your self, it's probably time to wind it down. It's sad to watch someone become a caricature. And really at this point, what's more outrageous for someone that once wore a pair of sunglasses made from cigarettes than to dress like a square and sing pop standards?