main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lady of the Knights (Obi-Wan Romance) Updated: 3/3/05.....FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by janiasolo, Oct 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    UP??? Come on JaniaSolo!! :D

2. ShadowofLures

ShadowofLures Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    ello. sry about not posting, i had volleyball camp this week, and i was REALLY SORE, after 8.5 hours of practice, so i just ame home, took a shower, and went to bed. so, posting! :D

3. janiasolo

janiasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    I understand. Work is like that for me. I have the last post written, I just don't know when I want to post it. What do y'all think?

4. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005
    well I say-

update soon.

:D

5. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    Well, that's one. Any other votes?

6. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    Okay, here's the deal, I'm posting the epilogue on one condition: you all review! Even you, lurkers! I know you're there, and I want to hear from you, seeing as this is my last chapter post on this thread! Please let me know what your reactions are! And, if you want to read the updated chapters of this story on ff.net, just search for my pen name on that site, Tiniwiel and review! I'll appreciate it a lot. Okay, here it is, the end.

Adrienne felt, rather than heard a pair of footsteps padding up the sand pathway to her hut. Slowly she stood, age creaking her knees and raised a weathered hand to shield her eyes from the twin suns? blaze. She felt much older than her 50 years, having given up her routine exercises as she had done at the Temple once she settled into her mother?s hut. She gasped slightly at the figure of a man whom she thought had forgotten her, his face still strong and beautiful, though age and tragedy lined its edges. She watched him as he walked towards her, his eyes somber and his face grim. They stood in silence for a moment, before a small smile broke across her face.

?Hello, Ben.? Her lips moved awkwardly around the nickname she used for him, those many years ago when they were young. He failed to return the smile, exhaustion and sadness preventing him to do so. She brushed a graying lock from her eyes and stepped aside. ?Please, come in.? He did so silently and she found herself yearning for the sound of his voice. It never failed to calm her. He sat in a chair against the wall, letting out a deep sigh. Adrienne now noticed the singes on his tunic, the dried blood and tears on his cloak. Her brow furrowed in worry.

?Obi-Wan, what?s happened?? He looked at her, their eyes meeting in a breath-taking moment. Confusion clouded his sad blue eyes and he spoke for the first time, his voice dry with stale tears.

?You haven?t heard? Oh, Adrienne. So much. Anakin?s turned, joined with the Emperor. Together they slaughtered all the Jedi, even the younglings. Mace was the first.? Bitterness swallowed his words as he spoke. Adrienne stared, gaping at him disbelieving. Tears welled up for her fallen friend. Had that sweet little boy murdered him? Had he gone to his death with the thought that he hadn?t done enough to help her? She knew he thought so; it was in his voice each time they spoke.

?You mean?. Anakin?s the new Dark Lord I heard them speak of in the market? He?s the one who?s sent out the troopers to watch the cities?? Obi-Wan nodded wearily, grief and self-disappointment in his words as he spoke.

?I thought I could teach him as well as I had been taught. How foolish I have been. When Mace told me of your vision, I vowed I would never let that happen, but it was as you saw, Adrienne. We fought for ages, and I left him clinging for his life on the shore of a river of lava. Padmé, the senator I?m sure you?ve heard about, had his children. Twins. I gave one to Owen Lars.?

?Lars. Yes, I know of him. He?s a moisture farmer on the other side of the Wastes.? Obi-Wan nodded, sighing again. Adrienne stared at him, taking in his defeated appearance. Not so much has changed since their last meeting, both of them weary and sad and having no other options but to give up.

?No, not so much has changed.? He whispered in agreement to her silent statement. Adrienne glared, not very pleased with his intrusion. ?Sorry, old habit.? He said quickly, hoping to avoid any outbursts from his old love and shutting his eyes slowly. How tired he was, and what he wouldn?t give for some sleep. Adrienne sighed, knowing intuitively that this day would come, where she would have to make a choice. Having Obi-Wan here would make it that much easier. It was time.

?Ben, do you think about the day I left?? She asked in a small voice, afraid of the answer. He opened his eyes to stare at her curiously. He studied her a moment before answering.

?Every day.? Adrienne?s heart leapt with hope.

?Do you think we should have made another choice?? Obi-Wan gave a slightly exasperated sig

7. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    awwwwwwwwwwwww...(sniff, sniff) that was a sad ending. the whole thing of mourning for the jedi and everyone...AW! twas very good, but what about him almost dying in the warehouse? :confused: what the heck?

8. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    It was explained in dialogue/flashbacks. After she goes off the deep end, so to speak, because Obi-Wan broke it off (this is all when they were younger, remember) she goes to Jorj (who was the young guy in the cafe) and becomes part of the Anti-Jedi movement and her first assignment is to capture him and bring him to the boss so they can try and extract information he knows of the Temple, but he resists it and it wipes out his memory of that incident, including her, and it was in a warehouse and he was screaming and it was a whole thing. That's what that was all about. I am thinking about writing a prequel to this (just call me George ;) ) and go into that stuff in more detail. Maybe. I haven't decided yet.

9. JOINME

Jul 25, 2005
    noooooo!!! (mirroring obi scream in TPM)

You let her die... :(

argh I hate Obi now. Sheesh, he still acts like a giant stiff even when the order is gone. Poor poor misunderstood Adrienne..

nevertheless, this was very well written, and really shows just how much Obi-Wan has lost, and how Adrienne never really found peace.

I would very much enjoy a prequel :D

10. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    Yes I know I'm evil [face_devil] But I could not end this story with them both living, just couldn't. And the prequel is pretty much going to happen, I just want to finish my Harry Potter story first, now that I don't have to work on this one anymore. I will let y'all know here when I post it!

11. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
  12. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    upping cuz i can't sleep; jaina, check my site 4 details if u wanna know why. :(

13. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    :_|Poor Adrienne and Ben!

14. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    Yes, sad I know, but hey, think of it this way: they'll see each other again in the Force. Or something like that.

15. ISenseAPlot

ISenseAPlot Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    Ooooh very interesting!

16. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    Yay for a new reader! It makes me happy and eases the ending of this beautiful story, if I do say so myself. hehe Thanks for all the support!

17. NLSkywalker

NLSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Oh God!!!!!
    Such a sad ending :_| :_| :_| :_|

18. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    So I take it all the lurkers are coming out at the end of the story. That's all good. I like reviews, especially from new readers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.