main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lady of the Knights (Obi-Wan Romance) Updated: 3/3/05.....FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by janiasolo, Oct 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janiasolo

janiasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2002
    Okay guys, I sent some more to Jade_Max via email, and I was going to post, but I left the disk upstairs and I'm too lazy to go get it. Maybe tommorrow. Definatly Friday. Up!

2. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    Jade, dear? I sent you my last post via-email and I haven't gotten a reply. Have you just been busy, dear? I am going to put up a small post, though, finally. I would just like to thank everyone who has stayed with me and Jade_Max for the awesome beta-reading. I would also like to apologize for waiting for so long. Here it is!

Adrienne grinned in satisfaction at the mess beneath her feet. Little remained of the comlink, its outer casing having been obliterated by the force of her throw, the interior components having disintegrated on impact. All that remained of it was a shower of dust as it gently fell towards the floor. The last physical reminder of her past life.

Adrienne suddenly felt very tired, as if all of her energy had been expended in that one act of independence. She turned on her heel, away from the pile of dust in the corner and headed towards her bed. Before she began her training, she needed sleep and a short nap wouldn?t hurt. She closed her eyes and was asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow

Adrienne woke to the sound of a vaguely familiar voice.

"Wake up, Neana. It's already nine. Wake up!? Neana's my mother's name. Adrienne's eyes fluttered open. There stood her grandmother, Legessa, with a tray of food. The older woman smiled.

?Finally. You don't want to be late for your own wedding, do you? Now, eat up."

Wedding? What wedding?

3. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    interesting post... i wonder where this is leading...

short sweet, right to the point, and yet makes one wonder where it's gonna head and keeps up interest...

hope you hear from your beta-reader soon ;)

4. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    Thanks, TJ. I have been wondering myself where Jade_Max is. I hope everything's okay...

Up!

5. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    i hope so too... it wouldn't be good if something bad happened :(

6. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great to hear from you again! Jade's having a bit of trouble with her computer... it won't load the boards sometimes... you could contact her by email, I think.

Curious what's going on... a dream, or a crazy grandmother? Hmmm, what will the Jedi think?

7. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    I did send Jade_Max my post(s) via email. That was last week. I hope that whatever is happening ends soon, for I fear something terrible is happening. Maybe I'm just overreacting. I worry too much.

8. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    Okay. I don't know where Jade_Max is or what's going on, but I am a very impatient person, so I am just going to send my posts to TJ for beta-reading. I am still very worried about Jade_Max and I hope she comes back. Soon.

9. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    Okay, I am very sorry about my delayed posts. I am working on the one act for the school and next week is show week and we are still struggling with lines. I just finished with exams and I am going to send the posts to TJ. Thank you to all who check this daily for updates. I love you all!

janiasolo

10. BobaKoon

BobaKoon Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 2, 2001
    Well, that was wierd. I hope all is explained later. Neat twist, though.

Ah, jania, from your sig I see you've watched the cast commentary on the LOTR DVD. I still think "tig" game was the best. :D

11. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    actually she asked if she could use that quote :p but yes i did... i want to play tig with dom ;) ;)

did you watch the commentary to the VERY end??? if you did you'd know what i'm talking about [face_devil]

12. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    Ah yes, tig. That cracked me up! Hey, guess what, y'all? A post! Yup. There was some lovely beta-ing by TJ, and it's a cliff-hanger...EG

Wedding? What wedding?

Adrienne suddenly realized she was "in" her mother's body. She was
    living her mother's wedding day. But then where was she? She knew she
    was born before the wedding. She was the cause of this wedding. She
    pondered on what to do next when she felt immense pain. White-hot
    searing, agonizing, excruciating pain. It started at the center of her
    being and spread slowly through her limbs and burst through her
    fingertips and toes. She opened her mouth to scream, to grab someone's
    attention so they could rescue her from this hell. She opened her
    mouth, but nothing emerged. She closed it in defeat, then found
    herself gasping for air. If someone hadn't heard her by now, they
    would.

She began to choke and thoughts flew through her head.

Okay Adrienne, relax. Take a deep breath.

You can't.

Why not?

You can't breathe, remember?

Oh, yeah.

Adrienne's vision grew dark around the edges and she knew death
    would be next.

As quickly as the pain began, it ceased and Adrienne's vision
    cleared. She found herself staring at her young mother from across the
    room. She looked down at herself and tried to see whose body she had
    inhabited now, but saw nothing. She was invisible, a mere phantom.
    Could they hear her?

Mother? She called, but the troubled brunette woman didn't even
    blink. Neana seemed to be deep in thought, in memories.
    Happy
    memories, judging from the smile creeping across her face.

An infant's cry shattered the memories and brought Neana back to
    the present. She stood up, but before she could take a step, her door
    chimed. Legessa cam bustling thought the room.

"You get the door, darling. I'll take care of Adrienne."

As curious as she was to see her infant self, the person at the
    door intrigued Adrienne more. She followed her mother through he
    spacious, unlit living room and to the front door. It slid open to
    reveal...

Obi-Wan?

13. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    Okay, where is everyone? Am I being too impatient? It's just I'm so excited about this post that I want everyone and their brother to be able to read it. I think it's excellent. Oh, and one question I know will be plaguing your minds: Is it really Obi-Wan?

Shall I tell you?

No. *EG*

14. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    it was a lovely post and yet i did not want to be the first to reply because I beta-read it... was hoping others posted first

15. InTheSockOfTheNight

InTheSockOfTheNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 31, 2002
    JS- I just found your little story and am very happy that I did. I very much enjoyed your posties and look forward to more.

*off to the warm dryer to await posties*

16. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    Welcome to the insanity of my story, InTheSockOfTheNight. I am very happy that there is a new reader! There will be a post this week, I promise.

17. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    Okay ladies and gents, I sent a post to my new/temporary beta-reader TJ and it should be back soon and I'll post on Friday. If anyone wants to know, the last two quotes on my signature are lines from a one-act I saw at the competition last weekend. It was hilarious! Oh, and guess what? We are doing projects on French speaking countries and guess what my country is? Tunisia! Or should I say Tatooine? It's so great. We are going to show clips of Tatooine to show the climate and landscape of Tunisia. It's great!

janiasolo

18. NyghtFyre

NyghtFyre Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    jainasolo- Love the story! I look forward to more! BTW- where did you see these one-acts at?

19. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    NyghtFyre: I saw the one-acts in a town called Essixville (I'm not sure of the spelling on that) in a school called Garber.

TJ did an excellent job beta-reading so I think I am going to post it right now. Oh, and everyone go read her story called Shadow Thickening. It's really excellent!

Obi-Wan?

No, it wasn't him, but his father. His father? Although he looked very much
    like Obi-wan, there was something different about him. It was something Adrienne just couldn't place. His hair was slightly longer than Obi-Wan's, and a bit darker. He did not sport the beginnings of a beard as his son did, but a smooth shaved jaw. Something still nagged Adrienne. She looked into his eyes. His eyes--that was it. That was the difference.

His eyes were a bit greener than Obi-Wan's, but they did not bear the majesty of a newly appointed Jedi Knight. Instead they bore the heavy burden of a man with a dilemma. They reminded her of the eyes of so many married men who had sought out her services: guilt ridden, but passion-hungry.
    They resembled those of a troubled lover...

No.

Oh, no. It was impossible

He couldn't possibly...

Could he?

Could he have been Neana's lover?

The furtive glance Neana threw towards the nursery revealed it all.

Obi-Wan's father was my mother's lover.

There you go! And yes, Obi-Wan's father is supposed to look like Christian from Moulin Rouge. It was really the only way I could think of it getting into my story.

20. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    While taking a break from homework, I decided to drop in and up my story. Where is everyone?

Up

21. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    again i was waiting for someone else to review before i did... but you already knew what i thought lol

22. janiasolo

Jul 26, 2002
    It's good for you to respond, even if you've already read it, my faithful beta-reader. I am going to be patient. I promise. So resond. And soon, okay? Lol, just kidding.

Up.

23. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    mleh... :p more soon... and that's an order! :p

24. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    hello hello!!!
    I have officially joined this band...I love this story....Anything involving Obi but this is really good....I hope its still going....i recognize some of the people at this party anyway!!!

Uppers!

25. EwokPrincess97

EwokPrincess97 Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    The prodigal reader returns! Sorry to lose it, Farmer Jo. Also, hello to TJ, I'm very sorry it took me soooo long to reply, and I felt bad when I read your "hello!" to me. So, greetings everyone! :D
    Oh, and Farmer Jo, UP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.