main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Lady of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Eirate_rules, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vakama

Vakama Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2004
    OOC: I get the second post!!!!

IC: as Aragorn

Aragorn bowed to Lord Elrond once he and the others were dismissed, and went back to his quarters. He took off his shirt and looked at the various tears and bruises he had recieved over the various trails he had trod. He told himself that once this final adventure was over, no matter where, he was going to buy some land and live there, alone.

Once he had sharpened all his blades, packed his traveling clothes, and said goodbye to all his friends and aquantinces, he ventured into the stable, hoping to find a friendly face.

TAG: A friendly face

2. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    OOC: I'm changing my TAG to Anyone.

IC: Narie

Narie sighed and left the hallway where Boromir's room was located. She had pounded on his door for about a half hour, but he wasn't in there. She decided to visit Asulay, her hourse, maybe take him out for a run. She loved Asulay to much to take him with her, so she had asked Elrond to get someone to take her horse to Gondor, where she planned to return to if she survived this mission. When she got outside, she ran to the stables, wanting to spend as much time as she could alone with Asulay. When Narie reached the stables she was startled to see Aragorn there. "It's nearly midnight," she called out. "Aren't you tired milord?"

TAG: Aragorn

3. Vakama

Oct 17, 2004

Aragorn looked at Narie and continued to untie his horse, not responding. He pulled the horse out and walked in front of it, until he met Narie in the gates. "I am never tired Narie," he looked out into the twilight and sighed, "just alone.." He walked up the cobblestone steps, praying in his heart that she would follow him, for he needed someone to talk to.

TAG; Narie

4. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

Narie turned her head back to her horse and silently untied him. Then she gently guided him outside, following Aragorn. "I'll miss you Asulay." she murmured, swinging herself into his saddle. When she reached Aragorn, she looked at him for a long moment, then asked him, "So, what's on your mind tonight? Why did you decide to come to the stables? Arwen asleep already?" Narie had no idea why she was being so venomous, but she hadn't talked to Aragorn in a serious conversation since before they were engaged. Ever since she arrived in Rivendale, she had taken great pains to avoid him, not wanting to reopen old wounds. So why had she followed him tonight?

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: i'm sorry, i've been kinda busy. i'll get a post in later.

6. Renson

Renson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir

The meeting concluded. It hadn?t ended like he had wanted it to and he was frustrated, however it was not the end of Middle-Earth. He bowed, giving his respects the to Elder Elves then started on a slow walk. His first thought was to go straight to his room, get his utilities ready. He had to admit that the room was rather beautifully decorated. But he decided to leave his knife sharpening for later and take a walk. He hoped for a hasty departure tomorrow. All of this silence was becoming deafening.

He continued down the stone paved walk ways, nodding to the occasional elf. They were a kind folk and the woman were very beautiful.

For some reason he started to walk toward the horse stables. He didn?t know what he was going to do there for he was certainly too tired for even a short ride. He yawned and scratched the back of his next, then ran his fingers through his hair. He was walking through, probably, the most peaceful cities in Middle-Earth, yet his sword still hung on his hip. He was now mere feet from the stables when he started to hear voices. H stopped crouching just a bit and walked slowly up to the stables. But just as soon as he got near enough to fully make out the voices he recognized them, they were Aragorn son Arathorn and Narie of Gondor.

?...milord.? Boromir walked slowly from the cover of the stables doors. ?Aw, I see Strider and m?lady have taken to a late ride, or perhaps they just couldn?t stay far from their steeds, either way, I must have felt the same urge for I too have arrived at these stables.? Boromir stood straight, a royalty about him. ?So, Elrond will have us leave early tomorrow morning, early enough so that the spying buzzards will still be asleep.? Boromir walks to his horse. ?Tell me, my friends, what do you think of all this??

TAG: Narie, Aragorn

7. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

Narie turned her head as Boromir walked towards them.
    ?Tell me, my friends, what do you think of all this?? he asked. "I personally wish we left tonight." Narie replied. "There is an evil in the air. I can feel it." she shuddered and rubbed her arms. Then she looked hard at Boromir. "The sooner we leave the better."

TAG: Boromir, Aragorn

8. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir

"I personally wish we left tonight." Narie replied. "There is an evil in the air. I can feel it." she shuddered and rubbed her arms. Then she looked hard at Boromir. "The sooner we leave the better."

"I agree, m'lady, 'the sooner we leave the better'. If what Elrond says is true, we must not wast any time, the half-ling may become seduced just as easily as the last wielder of the ring. The sense something awaits our departure, the longer we wait the more accurate it shall become. I say we leave tonight!"

TAG: Narie, Aragorn

9. Vakama

Oct 17, 2004

Aragorn sighed, and stopped on the steps. He planned on ignoring Narie, who was talking with Boromir at the moment, but his anger was bubbling up inside of him. "Narie!" He shouted, interupting Boromir, "I did not continue in the engagement for reasons I pray you will never know of. And Boromir, it is better to leave in the daylight, when Orcs are not teaming on the hills!" He mounted his horse and looked at Narie, "Will you accompany me?"

TAG: Boromir and Narie

OOC: Is anyone playing Arwen, or any of the hobbits for that matter?

10. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    OOC: I am extremely sorry, but, I am going to have to drop out of this RPG. My humble apologies once again.

11. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005
    OOC: No one is Arwen, and we don't have a Merry, Pippin, or Frodo, but I do have a taker on Sam. Master_Kast7, I am very sorry to hear that.

If anyone wants, we can have 2 players each. Availible ones are: Arwen, Merry, Pippin, Legolas, and Frodo.

12. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    As approved by Eirate_Rules:

Name: Samwise Gamgee (sp?)
    Race: Hobbit
    Weapon(s): Two short swords (roughly 12" blades, total length of 18"), and a small hand axe.
    Clothing: A standard hobbit green tunic and pants with a brown undershirt as well as a green cloak.
    Short Bio: Having given Gandalf his word to follow and protect Frodo, Sam will keep his word to wise old wizard until the very end what ever that may be. Sam may not be a fighter at heart but he is true to his word and will do what he needs to to keep his word.

13. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005
    OOC: My post!

Narie whirled around as she heard Aragorn?s angry voice. ?Is that what you think this is about?? she shouted at him. ?I?m not angry at you for ending the engagement, Aragorn, because if you remember correctly, I never supported it! Before we were betrothed, you and I were good friends. We were almost like brother and sister. But then you left Gondor, and when I finally arrived here, it was as if you didn?t know me. Yes, I avoided you the first few months, but then every time I tried to talk to you, you hurried off in the other direction. What ever happened to the friendship we had, Aragorn? That?s what I want to know. And what I did to lose it.? She paused. "Yes, I will join you. But I expect some answers, Aragorn."

14. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    OOC:Sorry for not posting...I don't have an idea how to start...
    So you say we can have 2 characters...so I think I can get Legolas...I have Gimli...

15. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    Well, well, doesn't this leave Boromir in an awkward place. [face_laugh]

I will post as soon as I can.

16. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005
    OOC: Okay, but no need for a sheet, as there is already one on the first page.

[face_laugh] Yes, it does, doesn't it?

17. Vakama

Oct 17, 2004

"Then answers you will get." He turned and rode through the gate, Narie at his side. "When we were engaged, I felt that I wasn't ready for a commitment like that. So, I thought by running from it and meeting other people might help it pass, but it didn't. The friendship you speak of is still alive. Yes, I still care for you deeply. The only reason I avoided you was because of guilt I lie awake with every night."

The air was crisp, and he could hear the distant sound of a moving creek. "I do not dislike you in any way, shape, or form. But, being away from you for so long....I hardly can recall the days that once were! The days where we didn't have to worry about Sauron, Saruman, or any other thing of the world! Things have changed now, and so have we....so have we..."

TAG: Eirate_rules

18. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

"We have, haven't we, Aragorn? I can remeber those days though. Gondor seemed so beautiful, so peaceful back then." Narie sighed wistfully. "Things have changed in Gondor since you left, Aragorn. The steward is under enourmous pressure, and so is Boromir. And..." she faltered. "So am I. Ever since you left, no one knew if you'd come back. And now I've been promised to another man."

Narie slowed Asulay for a moment, and gazed at the sky. When she faced Aragorn, there was a glimmer of a tear in her eye. "Aragorn, I've been engaged to Boromir. Mother and I are the last Ladys of the Gondorian Court, and I'm unmarried. The steward needs noble blood to help rule Gondor, and since you're gone, I'm the only one left. You have no idea how much pressure you put on me by leaving."

19. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    OOC:So I can take Legolas?
    I'll post soon....

20. Vakama

Oct 17, 2004

Aragorn was angered, "Pressure on you! Pressure! You are not the one who goes around with the weight of an entire kingdom of men! You are not the one, who wherever you go, get sideways looks like, "There is the outcast." You are not the one, who is forced to live in shadows, afraid to face the truth!"

Aragorn was weeping by now, and he looked over at Narie, "This is the reason I have avoided you. There is so much pain and suffering in the past. We must look forwanrd at the task at hand, with Frodo."

TAG: Narie

21. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005
    OOC: Yes you can. No rush.

"I understand that Aragorn, I'm not a child anymore! But when's the last time you've talked to someone close to you someone you love, looked them in eye, and heard them say that you are a failure? My mother has given me no end on the fact that I have no uses in the Court of Gondor, I am not ladylike enough. She's always telling me that I must accept the Stewards rule, that you are not coming back. Maybe I don't have to live in the shadows, Aragorn, maybe I'm not afraid of the truth, but you have to learn from the past, you can't avoid it."

She wiped her eyes, then glanced at the King of Gondor.
    "Maybe you are an outcast, Aragorn, but I'd rather have an outcast for a king then that pitiful excuse for a man that's sitting on the throne right now."

22. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    OOC: once again, i apologize for my tardiness. i'll have a post this weekend, schools being a royal pain at the moment.

23. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005
    OOC: That's ok, and no rush

24. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir

Narie accompanied Aragorn out of the stables. They were both riding very honorable steeds. Therefore, he turned to his own horse, stroking its snout a couple of times. She was a beautiful mare, Boromir had had her for a number of years and unlike most other horses she was did not stir at the first sight of Orcs. Which, he felt, would come in handy on their journey. However, like most horses she was trained to go back to the Gondorian stables when her master had no more need for her.

Boromir left the horse by herself and walked out of the stables. He walked over to a ridge to the side of the stables that just so happened to over look Aragorn and Narie as they passed by underneath. He heard Aragorn?s at a barely audible whisper. But Narie?s was loud and clear. It seemed as if Aragorn had been crying, his cheeks streaked with silver drops of salt water the ran down his cheeks and disappeared into his goatee.

Boromir just now noticed that Narie must have been crying as well, for she reached up and wiped at her cheeks. ?Maybe you are an outcast, Aragorn, but I?d rather have an outcast as a king then that pitiful excuse for a man that?s sitting on the throne right now.?

Boromir couldn?t believe his ears. Was his future wife insulting his father, the King of Gondor, the greatest city in Middle-Earth? No, this could not be true. It could not be.

Boromir, turned, a deep scowl on his face, a scowl that would scare even Saruman himself.

TAG: Anyone

[b]OOC[/b]

:O :O :O :O :O

What a twisted web they spin.

This is getting interesting?

25. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005
    OOC: It is, isn't it?

"Seriously Aragorn, think about it. The steward is a wonderful man, but he has no respect for the nobles, and he hates Faramir! He is a good ruler, but no one can rplace Isildur's heir. I just wish the people weren't losing faith. That's really the only thing wrong with his rule. But..." she hesitated. "Boromir cares for me, I can see it in his eyes. But King Denethor seems to hate me, as though he's only using me. And that is why I can't help but feel a bit of resentment towards him."

She sighed, and then whispered softly, "I wish that I had stayed in Gondor. Things are getting way to complicated. I should have married Boromir a long time ago. I've put it off for far too long."

TAG: Boromir, Aragorn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.