main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Lady of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Eirate_rules, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    IC: Sam

Merrily wandering through the beautiful elven city Sam was awed by the elves. Thier music, culture, everything about them was new and wonderful to him. Spending most of his time listening to eloquent tales sung by the fair voices of the elves Sam had almost forgot why he was truly here. The ring and its importance had nearly been driven off by the hospitality of the fair folk of Rivendale, and especially by thier epic songs and poems. He was currently wandering in search of food and drink. While wandering he stumbles upon what appears to be an argument and could possibly become a confrontation between Aragorn, and two others he had not yet met. Unsure of what to do he decided not to get involved and just watch to see the out come, and help if need be. How he would help if needed he had no clue but he would none the less.

TAG: any one

2. Renson

Renson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir
    Rivendale

Boromir stormed throught the walk ways. Not sure what to do, where to go. He finally just stopped on a higher rock gazing over the walls and into the dark forests. He spotted narie and Aragorn, still talking.

This wasn't the way that a warrior handled something that he disagreed in, he took action. Boromoir ran back to the stables. Quickly reading his horse. Throwing on the sadle, he was soon to follow it.

He started off in a trot and slowly sped up to a sprint. He was next to the chatterering pair in no time flat.

He hesitated, not knowing what to say. "Lady Narie, I believe that we should talk. Just you and I, forgive my rudeness, Aragon, but this is a most pressing matter that we must discuss. I trust you will forgive me. Lady Narie, please..."

Boromir's horse stirred, becoming restless. His horse was as tired as he was and was ready to settle down in the stables, but Boromir had to settle this. He gestered with his hand for Narie to follow him.

Tag: Narie, Aragorn

3. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    IC: Narie

Narie turned as Boromir approached. With a look of shock on her face, she quietly murmured a polite farewell to Aragorn and turned Asulay to face Boromir. "Of course, my lord." Subdued, she spurred her horse to catch up with Boromir and before he could say anything, said, "Have you set a wedding day yet? We've been engaged for almost 2 years now."

TAG: Boromir

4. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir
    Rivendale

"Of course, my lord." Subdued, Narie spurred her horse to catch up with Boromir and before he could say anything, said, "Have you set a wedding day yet? We've been engaged for almost 2 years now."

Boromir said nothing, just rode down the cold noisy stone paths to their room. "Lady Narie, we must talk." Boromir was getting cold and he knew that Narie had to be getting cold as well, not even his anger could stop him from caring for a woman that he truly cared for. He took off his brown cloak that was worn and weather beaten and draped it around Narie.

"I over heard you and Aragorn talking. You were talking of my father, the King of Gondor, your home." Boromir threw his right leg over onto the left side if his horse, sliding off her and leading her into her stole. Once she was in the her correct stable he continued. "Tell me how you truly feel for our Gondor. For did you not say that our king was not suited for the throne and you would rather have another man hold, one more worthy. However, this is not the place for this discussion, please, m'lady, follow me. We will continue in a better suited environment."

Boromir took the lead through the rest of Rivendale ending at their room.

Tag: Narie

5. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

Narie shivered and pulled Boromir's cloak tighter around her shoulders. When they reached their room, she went inside, hung up his cloak, and sat down in one of the chairs.
    "Your father is a noble man Boromir, but...have you ever stopped and considered why he hasn't ever spoken to me kindly, although I am to be your wife? Yes, I did say that another man may be more worthy of the throne, I cannot lie to you. But Boromir, have you seen the way Aragorn has been acting lately? He's always upset, most of the time for no reason. Can you blame me for lieing to a man who needs confidence like you and I need food and water?"
    She stood up and walked to the window. "Boromir, I..."she faltered. "Aragorn is like my brother, but you are my husband-to-be. I could never say anything like that about the father of the man that I love and mean it."

6. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir
    Rivendale

"Your father is a noble man Boromir, but...have you ever stopped and considered why he hasn't ever spoken to me kindly, although I am to be your wife? Yes, I did say that another man may be more worthy of the throne, I cannot lie to you. But Boromir, have you seen the way Aragorn has been acting lately? He's always upset, most of the time for no reason. Can you blame me for lieing to a man who needs confidence like you and I need food and water?"
    She stood up and walked to the window. "Boromir, I..." she faltered. "Aragorn is like my brother, but you are my husband-to-be. I could never say anything like that about the father of the man that I love and mean it."

Boromir clenched his jaw. He now remembered why he loved this woman. He walked up behind her standing beside her, he threw his arm around her and pulled her close to him gently. "Narie, he is my father, I must do what he says, but not just that, he is the King of Gondor. I have no say in what he does." He pulled her close because they were exposed to the elements, even though the air was moderately warm. "I can promise you one thing, my queen, I will always love you."

7. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005
    IC:Narie

Narie rested her head against Boromir's chest and smiled."It's odd," she murmured. "I always feel safe in your arms. We could be on the slopes of Mt.Doom, but if you were by my side I'd feel safe." she paused a moment then said, "Bormir, have you set a wedding date? We've been engaged for nearly 2 years. When shall it end?"

8. Vakama

Vakama Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2004
    IC: as Aragorn

Aragorn rode for a while in the darkness, until the cold got to him. He then rode back to the stables, put his horse back in his stall, and sprinted to the apartment rooms. As he walked, he gave the usual greetings and goodbye's to various elves and high ranking officials, until he came to Boromir's room. He stood outside the door and listened, but he could only make out one thing Boromir said.

"-he is the king of Gondor."

The fire in Aragorn's Numenorian blood shot through his veins, and he could not stop himself from what he was about to say...

"Your father is no king, Boromir!! He is a mere, right hand replacement, and nothing else! A Steward!"

TAG: Boromir and Narie

9. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

Narie quickly disentangeled herself from Boromir's arms and whirled around to face Aragorn.
    "Aragorn? What are you doing here?"

TAG: Aragorn

10. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    OOC:Sorry for the late post...

IC:Gimli, Legolas

Gimli prepared his 3 axes...the 2 small and the heavy one..."Another adventure...at last...but why is an elf here, no one can trust their kind..."
    He went out and saw...Legolas...He narrowed his eyes...
    -Oh I see you've brought the little knives...haHaha-said Gimli.
    He was an elf...he should remain calm...
    -Aren't the 3 axes too heavy for a person that high-replied smilingly Legolas.
    -I'll teach you...but not now...In the battlefields you will see how mighty we are...-said Gimli.
    -Is this a challenge?-said Legolas.
    -Oh it is...let the best dwarf win...-replied Gimli...
    They continued walking..."Hmph...an elf thinks that he can defeat me...with his girly knives and bow...heh..."
    -Good that I've brought with me some...ale...-said Gimli.
    -I prefer our drinks...they are more civlized...-said Legolas.
    -Sissies...you should try the real drinks...even the men like them.-boasted the dwarf.
    -I think in this mission we should try to put our differences aside-Legolas.
    Gimli narrowed his eyes...
    -HahAHaha, is this somekind of trick...I'm not that stupid...You should earn my trust...-said the dwarf.
    -Ah...I see-said Legolas smilingly-It's not a trick...but anyway...we should find Aragorn...

TAG:Aragorn, anyone

11. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir
    Rivendale, Boromir's Temporary Apartment

'It's odd,' Narie murmured. 'I always feel safe in your arms. We could be on the slopes of Mt.Doom, but if you were by my side I'd feel safe.' she paused a moment then said, 'Bormir, have you set a wedding date? We've been engaged for nearly 2 years. When shall it end?'

Boromir let her go, feeling the chilled air nip at his exposed skin. 'Narie, I...' He walked over to their bedside. 'I am to be king, I am my father's heir, that has taken up so much of my time, as has commanding the armies of our great city. I apologize, my love...' He returned to hugging her. 'I have. We shall get married once we arrive back at Gondor. After our people, the king included, have celebrated out return, we shall announce our date, we will decide on it immediately after arriving back at Gondor.'

Boromir was excited, he knew that he was to become the King of Gondor soon and who better to sit beside him as Queen other then Narie herself?

Suddennly someone was shouting at Boromir and Narie, it was only after the assailant was finished that Boromir realized two things. One, he along with his father were being insulted. And two, it was by none other then Aragorn, Strider, himself. 'Your father is no king, Boromir!! He is a mere, right hand replacement, and nothing else! A Steward!'

Narie jumped out of Boromir's arms and turned to face this intruder. 'Aragorn? What are you doing here?'

Boromir seared with anger, the want, no, need to draw steel upon this incredulous insult. 'This may be true Strider, but he rose to be the King only because the supposed "rightful" heir was no where to be found. My father did an honorable thing, taking control of an abandoned city, turning it into a great fortress. You should be thankful, for had it not been for him, Gondor would be no more then an Orc haven, Ranger.'

12. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

When Narie realized what Aragorn was shouting at Boromir, she instantly paled. This cannot end well. she thought. And then Boromir began shouting back, Narie caught in the middle of all this. After a few minutes of the deafening yelling, she shouted out: "ENOUGH!" And drew her sword, standing inbetween the two men. She actually had no intention of using the sword, but it gave her a commanding air. "I'm only going to ask you this once, Aragorn. What are you doing here? And Boromir, could you please not shout next to me? I think I've lost my hearing in my left ear."

TAG: Boromir, Aragorn

13. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir

'ENOUGH!' Narie stood in front of the two men and drew her sword. Boromir knew that she would not do anything to either of them, but it still gave him an initial shock when he heard the ringing of the steel. 'I'm only going to ask you this once, Aragorn. What are you doing here? And Boromir, could you please not shout next to me? I think I've lost my hearing in my left ear.'

Boromir held back a smile. Narie was a natural leader. Her light brown hair seemed to shine even more then only a few moments ago, she was truly beautiful. 'I apologize, Lady Narie. But to come to another man's room and insult him, is to just as surely challenge him to a duel, however, tonight there shall be no blood shed, for we are to be partners and are currently in an Elven city. I bid you good night, Aragorn son of Arathorn and shall see you tomorrow morn.'

Boromir went back to Narie and his bed, starting at his boots.

Tag: Narie, Aragorn

14. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

Narie sheathed her sword and nodded a dissmissal to Aragorn. Then she unbuckeled her sword belt, removed her bow and shoes and fell back on the bed with a sigh. "What a day."she said. "I have never been so happy to go to bed in my life."

15. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir

Boromir slipped off his second boot and through it into the corner. Narie layed down beside him and said something about a rough day. He layed down next to her, but not before kissing her forehead.

'Yes, it has been a long day, the council, other troubles, the journey as a whole that we are to embark on. I hope you don't feel it is too much.' Boromir teased her.

16. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

Narie smiled and wrapped herself up in the blanket. "No, it's nothing." she responded, playing the game. "In fact, it's a little too easy. Maybe there should be an Uruk-Hai attack on Rivendell, just to make it interesting."

TAG:Boromir

17. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir

Boromir chuckled, finishing getting ready for bed. 'M'lady...' he said sarcastically, pretending to scowl at her. He climbed back onto the bed, getting underneath the covers, cuddling up to Narie.

'Lady Narie...Narie, Queen of Gondor...Narie, wife of Boromir the Brave and high Queen of Gondor...or just Lady Narie.' Boromir had his ways of teasing his beloved Queen. Even though she was not crowned, nor was he, she was still his Queen.

'What do you think, "Narie of Gondor"?', Boromir had shifted so that he was now laying on his back gazing at the stone roof, even that was beautiful.

18. Vakama

Vakama Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2004
    OOC: I need to think of my next step. I'll post later.

19. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

"Narie, Daughter of Vervada." she corrected. "Gondor may be my home, but it's not my name. And I like Lady Narie. I don't want everyone shouting out that I'm the queen. It wouldn't be very grand after a while. Now, can you please shut up? I'm trying to sleep. I don't want to nod off out of nowhere while walking on the trail tomorrow."

20. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir

'Now, can you please shut up? I'm trying to sleep. I don't want to nod off out of nowhere while walking on the trail tomorrow.' Boromir laughed and kissed her goodnight.

'We both need our sleep "Narie daughter of Vervada", goodnight my love.' Boromir slung his arm over her, closing his eyes for the rest of the night.

21. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

Narie smiled and closed her eyes, quickly falling into a dreamless sleep.

A few hours later, Narie woke up and slid silently out of the bed and picked up her sword belt. "What woke me up?"she murmured. Narie silently put her sword belt on and strapped her bow to her back, then put on her boots. She silently left the room, and hurried down the corridors. When she reached the feilds, she ran to the top of a hill and sat down on a rock. After a while she heard footsteps behind her, and saw Legolas approaching, and Boromir a few yards behind him. "You couldn't sleep either?" she called out in elvish to Legolas.

TAG: Boromir, Legolas

22. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir

Boromir woke out of a deep sleep. The first thing he noticed was that his arm was no longer over his soon to be bride, but laying on the bed. He swung his legs over the bed and got dressed, strapping on his sword belt and putting his horn over his neck and left shoulder.

About half way out to the field he ran into Legolas. They exchanged greetings and walked to the fields together, they knew nothing of why they were both going to the fields, however, their conversation during the walk was non-existant.

Finally they arrived at their destination, a grassy hill with a single rock on the very center. Boromir was extremely surprised to see Narie. 'Narie, what are you doing her-' Boromir stopped himself, recognizing his rudeness. 'Narie, why are you up at this hour, you should be asleep, getting your much needed rest. As should I, but this is a most mysterious occurencce, on all our parts.' He gestured to Legolas, as if Narie had not already seen him.

Tag: Narie, Legolas

23. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

"I couldn't sleep, and I'm strangely not tired anymore." she told Boromir. Then she turned to Legolas and said, "What brings you here, Legolas Greenleaf?" Narie had made a point of learning the names and titles of all in the fellowship.

TAG: Boromir, Legolas

24. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir

'Well then, I suppose all is well, for the time being.' Boromir walked over to the rock and sat to Narie's left. 'I shall ge relieved when we have set out. My feet itch to walk again, I dare say that you both feel teh same.'

Tag: Narie, Legolas

25. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

Narie nodded absently and stared up at the sky, murmuring a poem to herself in elvish, and was surprised to hear Legolas recite it as well.
    "Caedo, losto./Ú-erin davo.
    Amman harthach?/Anim únad.
    Le tûg nach./O hon ú-wannathon.
    Ú-moe le anno nad./Ónen a hon beth nín.
    Gurth han ristatha./Ta han narcho Gurth.
    Gar vethed e-chúnen, go hon bedithon na meth.
    "
    "Where did you learn to speak Quenya?" he asked. "You learn many things when you have nothing to do but study old texts for the course of 10 years."she replied, standing up and leaning against a pillar. "Elvish works became my refuge, my salvation from the house I lived in with my mother."

TAG: Legolas, Boromir

OOC: The poem reads:
    Lie down, sleep. / I cannot yield.
    Why do you still hope? / I have nothing else.
    You are a fool. / I will not leave him.
    You owe him nothing / I gave him my word.
    Death will break it. / Then let death break it.
    He has the last of my heart. I will go with him to the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.