main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Lady of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Eirate_rules, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC:Legolas, Gimli

-What brings you here, Legolas Greenleaf?-the human woman said.
    -I can't sleep...there is a storm coming...the evil is awake...the Great eye is searching for the ring...-said Legolas.
    Suddenly the dwarf Gimli appeared...
    -Ah it's you again-he said and narrowed his eyes...then turned to Narie-Greetings m'lady, and greetings to you sir Boromir.

Tag:Narie, Boromir

2. Renson

Renson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir

'I can't sleep...there is a storm coming...the evil is awake...the Great eye is searching for the ring...' Legolas finally broke his silence. It was true, the great eye was truly searching for the ring and a second age of darkness was drawing closer. 'I agree, Legolas, we all feel the dark creeping fingers of Sauron. This quest shall truly test all of our wills.'

Gimli, wadled up the hill, heaving once he reached the top. He didn't seem surprised to see any of them. 'Ah it's you again.' Gimli narrowed his eyes at the elf. This gave Boromir some amusement and he smiled. Then Gimli turned to Narie, then Boromir. 'Greetings m'lady, and greetings to you sir Boromir.'

'And the same to you, my small friend, a fair night it is, with the exception of the looming darkness that lurks out side of these lands.'

Narie nodded to the dwarf then started in on song, one in elvish. Legolas soon joined her.

'Caedo, losto./Ú-erin davo.
    Amman harthach?/Anim únad.
    Le tûg nach./O hon ú-wannathon.
    Ú-moe le anno nad./Ónen a hon beth nín.
    Gurth han ristatha./Ta han narcho Gurth.
    Gar vethed e-chúnen, go hon bedithon na meth.'

'Where did you learn to speak Quenya?' Ledolas asked. Narie smiled. 'You learn many things when you have nothing to do but study old texts for the course of 10 years.'she stood up and leaned against a pillar. 'Elvish works became my refuge, my salvation from the house I lived in with my mother.' Boromir smiled, he had never been particularly interested in Elvish history un-less it was intertwined with the history of a subject that did catch his eye. But, he had to admit that, the Elvish language was very beautiful, especially coming from Narie.

Tag: Narie, Legolas, Gimli

3. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    IC: Narie

"Legolas, I agree. It is hard to sleep tonight, whether or not you can feel the eye." Narie smiled down at Gimli. "Hello Gimli, son of Gloin. And I suppose you could not slepp as well?"

TAG: Legolas, Gimli, Boromir

4. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    IC:Legolas, Gimli

-It's good that you have learned our language...we are honored...-said Legolas.
    -It would be better if you had learned our language...it's better...we have better songs-said Gimli then grinned-How to sleep in a night like this...before great battles!!!
    Legolas seemed amused...
    -Really-he said.
    Gimli didn't reply...then turned to Boromir.
    -I am not small...!Don't tease a dwarf!
    TAG:Narie, Boromir

5. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

"The honor is mine Legolas, and I only wish I had learned Sindarian as well." Then she smiled down at Gimli. "I wish I had as well, Gimli. But our library didn't have anything in Dwarvish." Then she winked at Legolas and Boromir, struggling to keep a straight face.

TAG: Legolas, Gimli, Boromir

6. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    IC Boromir

'I am not small...! Don't tease a dwarf!' Boromir laughed. 'Ah, yes I forgot, your wonderous heights allow you to tower over the rest of us grand dwarf. I would rather fight a whole Orc army rather then take on a single dwarf.'

"The honor is mine Legolas, and I only wish I had learned Sindarian as well." Then she smiled down at Gimli. "I wish I had as well, Gimli. But our library didn't have anything in Dwarvish." Then she winked at Legolas and Boromir, struggling to keep a straight face. Boromir struggled as well, waiting to see how the dwarf would respond.

Tag: Narie, Legolas, Gimli

7. Vakama

Vakama Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2004
    OOC: WE REALLY NEED TO GET GOING OUT OF RIVENDELL!!!

IC: as Aragorn

Aragorn stood on the porch outside all of the rooms. The air was cold, but he had his cloak around him and was puffing his elven pipe.

"Fool."

He said, thinking of Boromir. He couldn't believe that he thought he would be King of Gondor. A thought crossed his head, right in the middle of Boromir's coronation, he would storm the courtyard and demand rights to the throne. Of course, it was just a thought.

He smoked for a couple more minutes, then dumped the ashes off the side of the landing. He put the pipe back in his belt, then went back inside. He opened the door to his room, laid on the bed, and slept.

TAG: anyone

8. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005
    OOC: Yes, I know!!!! But we need a Frodo, gosh dang it! We're biding time until someone takes him

9. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    IC:Gimli, Legolas

Legolas smiled at Gimli...
    -AhAHAHahhahA...I got it-started laughing Gimli...
    Legolas expected that Gimli would start a fight...but instead of that he bursted out laughing...a strange dwarf indeed...

Tag:Narie, Boromir

10. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

Narie began to laugh as well, although she had no idea why. Something about Gimli made her feel lighthearted and happy. Then the sun began to rise. "It's almost time to leave," she said, a worried look on her face. "I'll go wake the hobbits." she said farewell to Legolas, Gimli and Boromir, and hurried off to Frodo's quarters.

TAG: anyone

ANNOUNCEMENT: We all need to have at least two characters now, as the fellowship is leaving Rivendell, and the only hobbit we have is Sam. I'll take Frodo for now, but we still have to have a Merry and Pippin.

11. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    OOC
    I will take Meriadoc Brandybuck (Merry) then, I suppose. Do I still need to post a character sheet?

12. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005
    OOC: I don't think so. Just play as him in addition to Boromir

13. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    APPROVED....Bwah-hah-hah!

Name: Durin's Bane
    Age: Older than Middle-Earth (much more than 5 millenia)
    Race: Maiar (Balrog)
    Weapon(s): His strength, magical weapons of fire, mastery of fire
    Short Bio:

Durin's Bane refers to a specific Balrog who was not otherwise named. It would surely have served its master Morgoth during the First Age. It apparently survived the defeat of Morgoth in the War of Wrath and escaped to hide beneath the Misty Mountains.

For more than five millennia, the Balrog hibernated in its deep hiding place at the roots of the mountains in Khazad-dûm. It remained undisturbed throughout the Second Age and most of the Third, before the mithril-miners of Dwarf-King Durin VI awoke it. Durin was slain by the creature, at which point it became known as Durin's Bane.

The Dwarves attempted to fight the Balrog, but its power was far too great. Despite their efforts to hold Khazad-dûm against it, King Náin and many of the Dwarves were killed and the survivors were forced to flee. This disaster appears to have also reached the Silvan Elves of Lothlórien, many of which also fled the "Nameless Terror" (it was not recognized as a Balrog at the time). The elves began to call the place Moria, "The Black Pit".

For five hundred years, Moria was left to the Balrog.

Sauron began to put his plans for war into effect around the year 2480 of the Third Age. As part of these, he sent Orcs and trolls to the Misty Mountains to bar all of the passes. Some of these creatures came to Moria. It is unclear as to whether Sauron could have controlled the Balrog (they were both Maiar) but it is probable that they would have been allied against the "common good". The Balrog did allow the Orcs and trolls to remain in Moria while it dwelt there. Tolkien does not mention whether Sauron was aware of the Balrog's presence prior to this time.

The Battle of Azanulbizar was the climactic battle in the War of the Dwarves and Orcs. It took place before the eastern gate of Moria in 2799 and was a victory for the Dwarves. However, the victors did not conquer Moria because Dáin Ironfoot, having slain the Orc Azog, felt the terror of the Balrog at the gate. Despite a failed attempt to recolonise Moria by Balin in 2989, Durin's Bane remained a menace in the ancient kingdom of the Dwarves whose nature was hidden to the outside world.

In January of 3018, the Fellowship of the Ring travelled through Moria on the way to Mount Doom. There they encountered Durin's Bane at the Bridge of Khazad-dûm. The Elf Legolas instantly recognised the Balrog. More importantly, the Wizard Gandalf was there (perhaps for this very purpose); knowing that it was far more powerful than even the greatest of his companions, he challenged it.

14. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005
    IC: Frodo, Narie

Frodo had not slept well that night. Sam was snoring loudly in the bed on Frodo's right, and Pippin talked in his sleep. Just as he was finally drifting off, there was a knock at his door. "Frodo? Sam? Are you awake?" called out a soft voice. "One of us is." Frodo, said, opening the door, revealing Narie. "It's time to leave."she said gravely. "I'll wake the others." he said. "Hurry." He nodded, and woke up Sam and Merry and Pippin. "It's time to leave." he said. "Meet me at the feilds just outside Rivendell, Frodo. We'll be waiting." Narie said, leaving.

TAG: Pippin, Sam

15. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Durin's Bane

Deep in the pits of Moria, a stirring noise echoed through the halls.

Goblins shrieked and leapt in excitement. The attack was good, a few travellers straying too close to the Misty Mountains. They were weak, pathetic humans, traders most likely, though none of the Goblins were smart enough to know it. Most of the denizens of the deep knew little of the outside world.

But, there was one.

Deeper than the Goblins dared venture dwelt a creature of myth. A beast wreathed in shadow and flame. An ally of vanquished Morgoth. The being awoke slowly, over the course of three months. It's body was tired from millennia of exile, and the arrival of the merchants woke it fully.

As it burst from the molten rock which contained it, the Balrog spread it's wings. Flame seeped in a blazing mane from it's back, and smoke billowed forth from it's body. This was Durin's Bane, a lieutenant of Morgoth before his fall. He had fought Elves, Men, and, more recently, Dwarves. The Dwarves had given him the dubious title Durin's Bane, and he was aware of it. The Balrog was no mere agent of evil!

As the merchants wound their way deeper and deeper into Khazad-Dum, Durin's Bane stalked them. He would allow them to live...for now. As long as he pursued them, the Goblins would only watch, and wait to scavenge his kill.

Tag: The Fellowhip (Even though they are nowhere near Moria!)

16. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    Ic: Sam

Sam was dreaming of being back in the shire before all of this had happened when he was suddenly shaken awake by Mister Frodo who was saying something about getting ready to leave. Groggily Sam started to protest saying "but Mister Frodo it is not even morning out side yet." and tried to fall back asleep only to be awakened again. Grumbling Sam gets out of the soft and warm elven bed and starts rummaging around the room gathering his gear.

After Sam had gathered everything he would need for the trip he followed Frodo to the fields just outside of Rivendell, and saw the rest of the fellowship gathered and appearing ot be ready to leave. "What do we do now Mister Frodo?"

TAG: Frodo, any one

17. LadyWhilla

LadyWhilla Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002

Galadriel The Lady of Lorien

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y61/LadyWhilla/Knights%20thread/186.jpg]

Name: Galadriel
    Name meaning: Lady of Light (Sindarin Elvish)
    Aliases: Altariel, Alatariel, the Lady of Lorien, Galadhriel, the Lady of the Wood, the Lady of the Galadrim, the Sorceress of the Golden Wood, the Mistress of Magic, the White Lady, Queen Galadriel, Nerwen
    Race: Elf
    Parents: Finarfin (father) and Eärwen (mother)
    Siblings: Finrod, Orodreth, Angrod, and Aegnor
    Spouse: Celeborn
    Children: A daughter, Celebrian
    Hair color: Gold
    Eye color: Blue

Bio:

Galadriel was the granddaughter of Finwë, the High King of the Noldor Elves. She was called the greatest beauty of Finwë's house, with her long golden hair that seemed to capture the radiance of the tree Laurelin. Fëanor even asked once for a strand of her hair, but she disliked him and refused. When Fëanor's Silmarils were stolen, Galadriel was the only woman who played a prominent part in the rebellion of the Noldor. She was eager to journey to Middle-earth, and may even have joined in the Kinslaying at Alqualond&euml: she certainly did not hinder the bloodshed.

In Middle-earth, Galadriel dwelt with her brother, Finrod, for a time, but when he moved to Nargothrond, she took up residence in Doriath and befriended Queen Melian. Though Galadriel did not speak of the reason for the curse that lay upon the Noldor, Melian read her heart and realized the suffering the rebels had caused. While at Doriath, Galadriel met and fell in love with Celeborn, a kinsman of King Thingol. She married him, and they had one daughter, Celebrian.

After Doriath fell, Galadriel and Celeborn fled to Arvernien. In the early Second Age, they founded Lothlorien, which she modelled after Doriath, and made the land beautiful with the help of the Ring of Adamant, Nenya. Nenya was one of the Three Elven Rings, and was given to her by Celebrimbor at its making. Sauron endlessly tried to know Galadriel's mind, but it was closed to him, though she could read his thoughts.

Approved~

18. LadyWhilla

LadyWhilla Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Lorien

IC: Galadriel

She seemed to float down the carved steps as if the wind itself carried her in it's gentle breeze. It was twilight and the woods of Lorien basked in the soft glow of the moonlight.

Galadriel passed the mirror unto which she visited daily. It had shown her many things this day and she needed see no more. Galadriel's eyes twinkled as she smiled and looked to the west.

"The time has come. Sauron's power grows." The Lady of Lorien's golden hair feathered against the breeze as she turned to glance at the mirror. "The Valar be with you, my friends."

Barefoot, Galadriel gathered up her skirts and returned to her forest chambers.

Tag: Anyone

19. Drayco90

Drayco90 Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2006
    can i call aragorn

20. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I will take Frodo and Pip if they aren't taken!

21. Drayco90

Drayco90 Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2006
    can someone play eviel dudes if so can i be
    sauruman and goullum

22. Vakama

Vakama Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 17, 2004
    Drayco90, I claimed Aragorn on the first page. I'm just waiting for something to do.
    And DarthGollumSmeagol, Frodo is taken and I think Pippin is too. You'd have to check with da' GM.

23. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Actually GM says I get em bof!

IC: Frodo

Frodo sighed as he left his room, Sam following close behind Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee That is what Gandalf told him. Frodo knew that no matter what he would have Sam. He rubbed his chest where he was stabbed. Elrond had told him that it would never heal. He moveed from his wound to the ring, his fingers running accross the mythril that his uncle Bilbo had given him. The ring was his burden. It must be destroyed no matter what. He finnaly got to where everybody was gathered, waiting for him.

"Forgive my Tardiness, shall we get underway?" He looked up to Gandalf

tag: Teh Fellowship

Ic: Pippin
    Pippin was standing next to Merry, where he always was. He was the Took, Merry was the smart one. He knew that Frodo needed his help, and he knew he was gonna give it.

"How far si Mordor Merry"?

Tag: Merry

24. Renson

Jan 2, 2006
    OOC Just so that you know, who ever is playing Sam, Sam is usually very respectful to Frodo, calling him ?Sir? and ?Master? (but ?Master? is only to himself) and would usually never even hesitate before doing something Frodo asks, unless it is jumping off a mountain or of that like.

[b]IC Merry[/b]

Merry woke up third, right after all the fuss with Frodo and Sam. He quickly got up, feeling very rested and excited to get on the way, however he was also a little bit nervous, he was slowly getting farther and farther away from the Shire, but he had his hobbit friends with him, Frodo, Sam, and his best friend Pippin. He walked over to Pippin?s bed and shook him awake.

?Come on, it?s time to leave this elf haven. We must continue on with our chosen journey, we did choose to accompany our beloved friend Mr. Frodo.? He said teasingly. He walked over to his bag and made sure that he had everything. Once he knew that everyone was ready, Frodo lead them to the field where they were to meet the rest of the Fellowship.

Upon reaching the grassy hill he noticed that everyone was already there, just waiting for the hobbits. ?Seems we have created quite a stir.? Among those waiting were Strider, the Ranger that they had met recently in the [i]The Prancing Pony[/i] and Gadalf the Grey, their mighty wizard friend, healthy in both strength and wisdom.

After a while [b]Pippin[/b] leaned over to him and spoke softly. [i]'How far is Mordor Merry?'[/i]

Merry, peered over at Pippin. 'I don't rightly know. But I don't think it couldn't be long while Mr. Strider and Gandalf are with us.' Merry smiled excitedly and looked back over to the gathered crowd.

[hr]
    [b]IC Boromir[/b]

Boromir stirred in the soft sheets, as the Sun brushed up against him with her warm fingers. He rolled over and noticed that [b]Narie[/b] was already getting up and getting dressed. He qickly got up and started to dress., fastening his belt hosting a sheathed sword. Then he threw on his pack and slung his sheild over his shoulders. He finally put his Gondorian Distress Horn around his neck and walked out of the door with Narie.

After walking for a short while Narie informed him that she was going to wake the half-lings and then join the rest of the Fellowship on Rivendale?s grassy outskirts. He nodded and kissed her.

After they parted ways Boromir walked down to the gates, there he met Elrond. Elrond said his farewells and saw Boromir out of the gates. He was soon atop the grassy hill with the rest of the Fellowship, he set his pack down and sat upon it, waiting the last and final members to join them.

25. darth_bannedsmeagol

darth_bannedsmeagol Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2006
    IC: Pippen

'I don't rightly know. By I don't think it could be long while Mr. Strider and Gandalf are with us.'

Pippen smiled, "I suppose not, but I am putting my foot down and we are going to get second breakfast![/p]

Pippen pulled out his pipe, loaded it up with pipeweed and lit it up. How he enjoyed his smoke in the morning!

He walked along side Merry as the Fellowship began their jouney

Tag: Merry, Fellowship

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.