1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Lady of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Eirate_rules, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vakama Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Oct 17, 2004
    star 1
    IC: as Aragorn
    Outside of Rivendell

    Aragorn was with the others outside the gates, but tried to stay away from having to talk to anyone. He wasn't in a talking mood....

    He continued arranging the saddle and various wearpons on the back of his horse and doing anything else that needed to be done. After he was done, he put himsled up on the saddle and waited for the rest of the gang.

    TAG: Fellowship peoples
  2. darth_bannedsmeagol Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Feb 25, 2006
    star 1
    OOC: so uh yeah, we gonna have more than a post every two days?
  3. Vakama Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Oct 17, 2004
    star 1
  4. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 20, 2003
    star 5
    no I mean this thread has had what four total posts since thursday??
  5. Renson Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 2, 2006
    star 1
    OOC Maybe we should start posting more then. A thread is only as good as its participants. Remember that.
  6. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    OOC: sorry i've not been able to post. lifes been a royal pain for me since this started. anyways, here's gandalf.

    IC: Gandalf the Grey/ Rivendale

    Gandalf had been standing and thinking about the coming journey when everyone came out. His pipe in his mouth, clouds of smoke over his head. As the others came out he moved over to Aragorn, nothing being said as he waited for the journey to begin. Such hopes we have, yet so few are they. I wonder if there is really any hope in this? Can we truly succeed? Time will tell.

    He followed the others, his staff leading the way with every step he took. He looked at Narie, and smiled slightly to himself. Things were going to be interesting with her and Aragorn here. He waited for one of the others to speak to him, as he was in the mood for contemplation.

    TAG ANYONE IN THE FELLOWSHIP.
  7. Renson Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 2, 2006
    star 1
    ic Merry

    Merry ran up to the front of the line and started to walk next to Gandalf. Pippin followed close behind him.

    "Gandlaf, sir, how long of a journey do you predict this will be? And more inportantly, when are we going to eat agin, not that I mean to be rude, but our stomachs are growling, with some fierceness?"

    Tag: Gandalf
  8. ewok_jedi Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 5, 2005
    star 6
    OOC: I am sorry to say this but I do not have the time to keep up with this RP, I have a lot of things going on in RL right now and for the next few months. So some one else will have to play Sam.
  9. Eirate_rules Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 22, 2005
    star 4
    OOC: I'm sorry I've been gone for a while everyone, I've been really sick. I'll try to get up a post ASAP, but I'm not making any promises.


    Ej, I'm very sorry to hear that.
  10. Renson Jedi Knight

    Member Since:
    Jan 2, 2006
    star 1
    OOCLet's continue...

    And I am sorry to hear that you have to resign ewok_jedi I wish you the best of luck in real life.

    For those of you who don't know who Bill is he is the pony that is carrying baggage that Frodo, Merry, Pippin and Sam bought in Bree.

    IC

    The fellowship walked to the mountains that loomed to the east. Bill was guided by Sam and Aragorn and Gandalf led the company, Legolas held the rear.

    Boromir walked with Narie in teh middle of the Fellowship, most of the walk was silent, focuse only on what the future held for them all. Soon the Sun began to sink in the sky and a need for camp was called on. They took refuge in a cave near a cliff that over looked a valley which led to their destination, the east ward mountains, or so Boromir thought.

    He sat with Narie and all the company except Gandalf and Aragorn who talked about something having to do with their future path. Boromir turned to Narie, 'I don't see why we do not take the path through Rohan, I took it coming hither, it shall be just as safe going towards Gondor. The Rohirrim are strong people and they will not be put under Sauron's power easily.'

    He looked into Narie's eyes, waiting for her answer.

    TAG: Narie, Gimli, Half-lings, Legolas, etc./>
  11. LadyWhilla Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    May 6, 2002
    star 4
    The woods of Lorien

    IC: Galadriel

    The breeze caressed her face as Galadriel descended the stairs from her chambers. She had shared a celebration of pleasure with her husband, Celeborn, the Lord of Lorien, and was now attending to a matter of great importance.

    The woods whispered delightful melodies as they greeted the Lady when she approached the path. Stepping gently onto the soft down of the undergrowth she waited.

    Soon, they approached her. Tall and slender with finely carved bows and quivers brimming with Elven arrows, the warriors of Lorien bowed their heads on bended knee. Their captain, Haldir, was first to speak. "Le suilon, Lady Galadriel." He looked up into her sparkling blue eyes and waited for her bidding.

    "Suilad, Haldir." Galadriel clasped her hands together as she spoke. "Sauron's power is growing. His minions search for the Ring even now." Calmly but firmly she put forth her mandate. "Be wary of the border nearest the Misty Mountains. Guard it well, Haldir. for it is there the ring will try to pass."

    Galadriel need say no more as her words made their way into the hearts of the Elven warriors.

    "It will be done, my Lady." Haldir rose and his men rose behind him. They waited until she was safely back on the path and out of the woods before they dispersed silently, her wishes understood.
  12. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 20, 2003
    star 5
    IC:Frodo

    After they setup camp, Frodo and Pippin sat around the fire with Gandalf. Frodo was not one to usually smoke, but he did in this case. After he lit up his pipe, which used to belong to Bilbo, he asked Gandalf

    "Which path are we to take to get to Mordor Gandalf?"

    Tag: Gandalf
  13. Eirate_rules Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 22, 2005
    star 4
    IC: Narie

    Narie quietly pulled out an old dress of hers and began tearing it into strips as she and Boromir disscussed the Fellowship's route. "Yes, Boromir, but both places take us too close to Isenguard. And if Saruman's betrayed us, than that really isn't the best option." She looked up at him. "I for one don't want to wake up with my throat slashed." Narie returned to ripping bandages, and when she finshed, she tied a thin one on her hand, as she had acquired a cut while counting her arrows. When she accidently poked it, Narie sighed, muttering quietly to herself in elvish with some choice words that would make even Legolas blush.

    TAG: Boromir
  14. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    IC: Gandalf

    Sitting at the camp, his pipe in his mouth he was fairly distracted. He stroked his beard as he considered the various courses laid out before them. When Frodo voiced the very question he had been considering he remained silent for a few moments.

    "Well Frodo, my boy, I'm not all that certain at the moment. I had hoped to go over the moutain of Carradoon, but as things stand I'll let Narie and Aragorn make the decision until my advice is needed."

    Looking Frodo over, and noticing the pipe in his mouth he smiled kindly. Things had really gotten to Frodo for him to be smoking, as it wasn't one of his common practices. Remaining silent though, and observing the rest of the party he rested.

    TAG FRODO, WHOEVER.
  15. TheAdmiral Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 28, 2004
    star 4
    OOC:Sorry guys for not posting...I was away for a while...I'll post soon... ;)
  16. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 20, 2003
    star 5
    IC: Frodo
    Location: In my head

    Frodo dosed off to sleep as tehy rested around the fire. He was dreaming of WeatherTop and of what he saw when he was wearing The Ring of Power. The Nazgul were terrible, he could see that they indeed used to be Kings of Man. Their terrible crowns ghostly in the Realm of The One Ring. He also dreamed of The Eye. That ghastly Eye, wreathed in fire. The eye of The Enemy. It haunted him. He knew though that no matter what he had already been through, much more lied in his path. He passed into a dreamless sleep.

    Tag: Wake me when we move out
  17. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Boromir

    Boromir smirked at Narie's string of curses.
    "I hardly think that manner of language is in any way appropriate for a future lady of Gondor."
    His smile quickly faded as he reached and grasped Narie's hand.
    "But my final thought on the matter of our path is that the mountains may prove too perilous for certain members of our group..." He glanced sideways at the still sleeping hobbits.
    "... and we cannot afford to risk the safety of the Ringbearer. But if you, Gandalf and the Ranger have decided on that course, than I will do my best to aid the halflings."
    His grip on her arm loosened as he stared into her eyes. A smile crept onto his lips
    "I also wish for no danger to befall you, my queen. When are we to move on?"

    TAG: Narie, Gandalf


    OOC: Hello. I know that wasn't that good a response, but I haven't RPed in a while, so please bear with me.

  18. Eirate_rules Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 22, 2005
    star 4
    OOC: GM ANNOUNCEMENT
    Hi all, I just wanted to let you know that Twinky Stryder is taking over for Renson, who has some RL issues he needs to take care of.


    IC: Narie

    Narie smiled at Boromir and murmured, "Nor I you." Then she stood up, picked up a bowl of stew and left the cave. "Where are you going?" Boromir called out. "It's my watch, I'm releaving Gandalf of his post." she replied. Narie had almost reached the tree the Fellowship had decided to use while on watch, narie felt really sick, set the bowl down, turned away, and promptly threw up. With shaking hands, she wiped her mouth and felt her bloated belly. "That's odd." she whispered. "I haven't eaten in 2 days." When she reached the tree, she called Gandalf down and handed him the stew. Still puzzled, she sat at the tree, a confused look on her face with her sword on her knees.

    TAG: Gandalf
  19. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    IC: Gandalf/ Tree


    As he sat there his mind wondering about the paths they could take, he kept coming back to the mountains as the safest. The pass would likely still be covered with snow, but heading south would take them dangerously close to Sarumon, whome he wanted to avoid at all costs. He also didn't want to journey through the mines... which he was afraid it would come to.

    While he was considering the next stoping place he heard Narie below him, throwing up. Hearing her call him down he moved with a springiness that belied his great age.

    "Are you alright? I heard you..." Looking at her face he realized she didn't know what was going on either. Not wanting to place much pressure on her he rested his hand on her arm briefly, to let her know he was there should she desire to talk.

    Accepting the bowl he savored the smell. "Have you eaten yet? If not I can wait. Sleep is not precisely the greatest necessity to me."


    TAG EIRATE_RULES, ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO COME IN
  20. Eirate_rules Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 22, 2005
    star 4
    IC: Narie
    "I'm fine...I think. No, I'm not hungry. Just worried that if I eat I'll upchuck again." she paused, a confused look on her face. "I haven't been feeling all the way well since I arrived at Rivendell, but It hasn't been anything as serious as this. And there's still my bloated stomach, but I haven't eaten in 2 days." she looked up at him. "Can you make any sense out of this, Gandalf?"

    TAG: Gandalf
  21. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    IC: Gandalf/ Foot of tree outside cam


    He smiled kindly and nearly laughed. Not thinking it would be appreciated at all, he spoke in a kind, gentle voice.
    "Yes Narie, I can. I have doubts that you will like what I think though." He sighed, and wondered who the father was as he set his bowl down next to him untouched. "Unless I am wrong, you're rather pregnant." He took her hand, fully anticipating her falling over.


    TAG EIRATE_RULES
  22. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

    Manager
    Member Since:
    May 23, 2005
    star 5
    OOC: Glad to see this is still alive - the Balrog awaits.
  23. Eirate_rules Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 22, 2005
    star 4
    IC: Narie

    Narie gasped, then she nodded. "I suspected as much. But I'm just suprised that it hasen't caught up with me until now." she sighed. "Now I regret coming. I don't want to put the baby in danger, or burden any of you with a pregnant woman."

    TaG: Gandalf
  24. The Great No One Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 4, 2005
    star 8
    IC: Gandalf/ Foot of tree


    He smiled gently, his beard moving as he spoke, "We do need you here, no matter what you think. We need you for direction, and cohesion. We will look after, and the baby."

    He stopped for a moment, and then reached for his bowl and handed it to her. "You need to eat, or else there will be problems." This will complicate things, but I think we can handle it. God's I hope the fathers not Aragorn...


    TAG NARRIE
  25. Eirate_rules Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Jul 22, 2005
    star 4
    IC: Narie

    "Thank you, Gandalf." she accepted the bowl and sat back down. After a pause, she said, "Gandalf, do you think that the others should know? Of course I'll Boromir, he'll be thrilled, but..."she hesitated. "Oh I don't know...it just feels weird, knowing I'll have to stick to healing for the time being, and I know Aragorn will be suspicious. He and I were going to teach the hobbits how to spar. I guess he and Boromir will have to."

    TAG: Gandalf
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.