main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Lady of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Eirate_rules, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Boromir.

Boromir stepped out of the cave. He had tried to sleep but something was bothering him. Something......dark. His dreams were still focussed on the Ring, despite the fact that he had gone to Rivendell and the fellowship's quest had been decided.
    Boromir sighed and looked across at Narie and Gandalf, both of them deep in discussion.
    'If I am unable to sleep it would seem right to take a watch now'
    He strode over to the pair. placing his hands on Narie's sholders.
    "It seems an uneasy night. If either of you need rest I'll take the last watch".

TAG: Gandalf, Narie

2. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    IC: Narie

Narie jumped slightly as Boromir's hands rested on her shoulders. "Sit down, Boromir, there's something you should hear." an anxious look crossed Narie's face, and she took a prepatory breath. "Boromir..." she sighed. "This isn't easy. But, Boromir, I'm pregnant."
    Narie bowed her head slightly, waiting for his reaction.

TAG:Boromir, Gandalf

3. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Boromir

"Pregnant?"
    Boromir gazed wide eyed at his wife to be. This was a little.....soon. Of course he wanted a child with Narie, he loved her so much. But here? now? Mordor was still far away, it couldn't be healthy, or safe, for Narie or the child.
    'Though' he thought 'if I thought that Narie wouldn't be able to take care of herself, then I don't know her and have no right to love her'. He smiled contentedly and looked at Narie with her bowed head. Was she expecting the worse? for him to be angery with her? for him to abandon her and the baby? No, there was nothing in this world that would make him turn his back on his family. He reached out and puled Narie close.
    "That's wonderful Narie. I didn't think we'd be expecting such joy so soon, but it is wonderful. A baby, our baby, our family. It will be so beautiful."

TAG: Narie, Gandalf

OOC: shouldn't we be moving on soon? just wondering.

4. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

Narie smiled at Boromir, and then it all really hit her. They were going to have a baby. She laughed and threw her arms around his neck, and the sun began to rise. She stood up then, and went to the cave, and began to gather up her pack, stowing her sword away and searching for her healing supplies. The company gradually woke up, and when they all left, Narie lagged slightly behind, hand in hand w/ Boromir. Her mouth was smiling, but her eyes shone w/ anxiety and despair, as she realized just what she and Boromir had gotten themselves into.

TAG: Fellowship

5. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Gandalf/ Foot of tree

As Gandalf watched the exchange, as well as the hug his heart was warmed. It was nice to know that they would do all that they could count on each other. That was far to rare in the world, and becoming far more rare.

"I do hate to break this up... But we need some sleep, as we need to be moving on soon." Looking at Narie, he considered. "I will finish the watch for the night, as a wizard missing a nights sleep will hinder me far less, and you do need your rest." Anticipating a reply along the lines of a claim she wouldn't be treated any difference he cut it off before it could start. "I know you are capable, and you will get more than your fair share of watches. At the moment, you shouldn't push yourself until it is needed."

Turning back to the tree, he glanced over his shoulder, "We really ought to move early. To bed you too. I'll wake you when it is time."

TAG FELLOWSHIP

6. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

Narie sighed, then stood and went back into the cave, muttering under her breath. Flopping down on her bedroll, she fell asleep. Her dreams soon became nightmares, filled with a nameless fear, a shadow of despair. In what seemed like an eterninity, but couldn't have been longer than a few hours, Narie woke up in a cold sweat, with someone's hand on her shoulder.

TAG: Anyone

7. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005
    OOC: Hi everyone, umm, just as a note, can we get a person who hasen't posted recently to respond to my TAG? Such as Aragorn or Legolas or Gimli, etc.? Kthnx

8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Gandalf/ Foot of tree

Gandalf sat in the tree during the night, smoking his longstemed pipe. The smoke would have alerted anyone around to his presence, but this close to Rivendell there wasn't much to worry about.

His mind was preoccupied with the choices before them, the paths they might take. To the north they would have to go over the mountains, in particular one nasty pass that could be blocked easily. To the south was near Rohan but that was by far the longest way to go. He knew there were other passes in the mountains, but all were hard to find, and even more treacherous. He hoped to avoid the last option though... to go under the earth.

The more he thought about the situation, the more apparent it came that there was only one way to go that wouldn't take days more than they likely had. Moria, the mines of the ancient dwarves. The stout folk had been to greedy, and gone to places they shouldn't have, but there was an off chance they could get through unnoticed. If they could it would be more than worth it, and then the could travel quickly to lothlorien.

He had made up his mind as to the path just as the sun came over the rise. He climbed down quickly, and moved amongst those that were asleep, awakening them with a gentle touch and a word.

As he came to Narie he hesitated for a moment. It was only a moment, but it was far more than he had hesitated in bringing any of his friends on this journey. He siged as he knelt and placed a hand on her shoulder. He heard her breathing change and knew she had awakened.

As she came more fully to he started speaking to her. "I have decided upon the path. it will not be an easy one, but it is the shortest." He would wait to tell her until the others had gathered, unless she asked him point blank.

TAG: FELLOWSHIP

9. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

Narie stood up, and quickly gathered her supplies. "Gandalf, have you put any thought to the question I asked you?" she asked, looking for her bow.

TAG: Gandalf

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Gandalf/ Campsite

He sighed as he heard Naries question. He wasn't sure what to say about it. "I honestly do no know, Narie. They have a right to know what they are going to need to deal with, so they can deal with all possible outcomes. It is your choice however, but that is my recommmendation."

TAG: NARIE

11. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

"You're right, of course." there was a long pause. "I'm just worried about the reaction. I don't want anyone saying that I'm not suited for this."

TAG: Gandalf

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Gandalf/ Campsite

As soon as he heard Naries reply, he chuckled. "I pity anyone who says that to you. They won't like the reaction I think." He helped her to her feet. "Come, we need to get this done with and head out."

TAG: NARIE

13. Eirate_rules

Jul 22, 2005

Narie laughed at Gandalf's reply, and then slipped outside, enjoying a moments peace in the silence of the sunrise, silently wishing she was anywhere but there. She didn't want to betray the group, she didn't want to be like her mother, who silently betrayed Gondor everyday in the form of a messenger to Mordor. Narie had once wanted that, to be like her mother. But then she fell in love, and now Narie wanted nothing more than to stay with Boromir and their child.

She sighed once more, then went back inside.

TAG: ANyone

14. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    OOC: Is this still going?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.