main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq LadyNaberrie got her first car!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyNaberrie, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Whooooooo! after 3 years of waiting I finally got a car! It is a 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage (green)it was a good deal because the mileage being high. I am so very happy with it! You will all get to see it sometime soon! :D :D

2. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Congrats!! Now keep out of trouble

3. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Awesome, LN! I remember my first car. First date... first kiss... first... ooh the windows are getting fogged up!

Remember, click it or ticket! (Who writes this stuff?)

-propgeek

4. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Thinking of making my license plate say "PADME"

5. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    good plate choice! have fun with your car!!!

6. FlirtationOfficer

FlirtationOfficer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2005
    WHOA the streets will never be safe again!

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Streets nothing! What about the sidewalks and pedestrians?

Congrats on the new car, LadyN!

8. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    If Padme is taken... try Pad May or Pdme or some other twist. And a little fatherly advice: if you're going to identify your car as a girl car, keep the mudflaps fastened and never enter your car next to a van door.

9. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    please check the oil, yes the oil,that funny little stick looking thing that comes out of the engine block
    after a fill up. check the oil!!!! when the oil light comes on it does not mean that the oil is fine check the oil, yes the oil thank you.

I was a mechanic a long long time ago you would freak on how many cars that came in with blown engines, rods coming out of the hood, blown cams,cracked blocks,timing chains wraped around the fan housing. because no oil. Lady came in with a car she put water in the oil fill cap she was going down I 40 when she heard a bang the engine seized up it was a 1.9L 4 cylinder iron block and it blow engine parts all over the car a rod missed her head by 2 inchs when she was looking for a phone number in her handbag she found a lifter that came threw the floor board and went into her handbag. the block was in the lower floor board under the dash and glove area.it was a front wheel drive the transmisson was in and under the passenger seat. there was smoke and hot oil with water on the back window. she said the car spun around three times and ended up faceing traffic she also said after that ordeal she found GOD.

so please check your oil. and If you want.I will show you how to check it and all the other fluids.

10. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    Can't have enough teenage drivers on the road in my opinion ;)
    Congrats

11. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Congrats Lady N! Yes, listen to bloodclaw you will! Please have your oil changed every 3,000 miles or so. Your car will last a long, long time if you keep that on a regular schedule.

12. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Hey Bloodclaw...I was one of those guys who did not check oil on my Honda....what a lesson to learn!

13. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    exciting ladyN! i'd love a cool plate like that-- you should definately do something SW.
    ooo paint the imperial symbol really big on the doors...that would be cool, but maybe not girly, unless you did it in pink...
    :)
    congrats!!!

14. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    My dad makes sure the oil gets checked and changed regularly so no problems there! I'm very excited about having my own car and blasting Star Wars loud and proud from the very nice sound system :)

15. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

Ulic-Qel-Droma75 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2005
    You must play the SW Soundtrack Target exclusive bonus track loud! Especially when you come to the part in the track where it says "Lord Vader yes master rise" that part is great! Sends tingles down my spine everytime!

16. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Congrats! "You've taken you're first step into a larger world..."

Guess the Darth Vader air freshner comes in handy now huh? ;)

My first car was a 1970 Ford Falcon... definitely "a piece of junk"

17. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Mine was a 1955 chevy 2 door sedan 427 ci 4 speed muncie
    rock crusher ,4'11' rear end tubed, roller cam , 12'to 1'
    pop up trw piston, 294 fuelly heads ported, double timing chain , two holly 850 double pumpers, fenderwall headers
    would run on weekends at south eubank and at duke city back in the day low 12's I think she is fast for you old man. wish I still had her foolish youth rolled it on I-25 at rio bravo racing a 66 vette. vette had a blow out and took us both out. I walked away never raced again.

18. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    Paint a pink Imperial cog with the saying "SW Chicks Rule the Galaxy!" But watch that dipstick!!!

-propgeek

19. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    For me, it is TBD! Still don't have a car, just my mom's exploror.

20. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Aw, that sucks. Gald you made it to tell the tale. My first was a '78 Scout that I used to take to Beavertown. Me and a friend of mine totalled his 442 seeing how fast we could get to Santa Fe. Rolled it around Budaghers. Like you, survived and walked away from that foolishness.

21. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    What car, in your guys opinion, would be best for me? I want great miles per gallon and power!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Ummmm, no such thing?

You can't get both, dude.

23. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    okay then, good MPG.

I guess if the pistons are working harder to provide power, then there is alot of fuel consumption which more power and good MPG is impossible. Or is it?

24. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    This is why I want to be a mechanical engineer! So I can overcome these problems and at least be part in redoing the auto industry. That is why Ford and the others are having problems selling cars, people don't want gas consumers! If I don't take part in Aviation, then I will be part of the automotive industry! This stuff makes me mad.

I am sorry for posting gab, I am just tired and mad at certain things. In the morning, can someone explian to me why this is impossible?

25. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    So where are ya going to Engineering School? NMSU I hope!!! [face_smile] *dodging tomatoes from Lobos*

Anyway, higher hp cars use more fuel because it boils down to how much strain is on the engine. There are many factors that affect mpg...A/C, hills, driving fast, excessive idling, incorrect airflow (intake and exhaust), load in car/truck, and engine size to name a few. Higher hp engines are generally larger and have larger cylinders. To make the piston move up and down (what cycles to be the RPM in the car), a small explosion needs to take place (gas vapor, air, and a spark). The larger the cylinder, the larger the gap is to fill, and a heavier piston to move. This takes lots of energy that sucks more fuel.

OK, does that make any sense? It does to me, but it's very late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.