main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA **LAFF June Event: Sagebrush Cantina!**

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    MrZap, you're welcome to come, but I've sent you an important PM. Thanks! Your current benevolent dictator. :D

2. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Another Double-Post!!!

Okay, gang, we're all reserved. The manager said we need to be pretty close to ON TIME to hold our large table. When you arrive, say you are with the "Star Wars" group...of course!

Finally: there will be ONE BILL, and one bill only. No separate checks. Bring cash (check out the menu in my OP to see how much) and don't leave your LAFF pals high and dry. An 18% gratuity will be added automatically to the check. Plus tax. So that's going to be nearly 30% of your food cost added on -- and because we'd like to return, and waiting on nearly 20 people on a Saturday night is not going to be fun for our server, I'd like to not leave that minimum. Let's all be adults about the check, please. Thanks.

Okay, now...let's have fun at the Cantina!!!

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Thanks for giving the heads-ups about the gratuity and tax. I usually don't think about it being that much. (what can I say? Del Taco doesn't charge gratuity.:D ) I'll make sure I'm prepared!

4. jerseyyoda

jerseyyoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    Sorry for the late rez, but I hope to attend.

5. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    We gotcha down -- I think SR RSVP'd for ya! :D

6. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    If 18% is automatically added, that means we don't have to add any more for the tip unless the service is really, really good, right?

(I guess they heard about SJ.)

7. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Ouch, that was below the belt[face_beatup] . Plus I don't think I've dated anyone who works there:p

Also, this isn't a date so I don't mind paying that kind of tip. :D

I think it's because of the neighborhood. I notice prices, even for fast food, when I go to different cities and I've noticed that the higher income per capita for the city that you're in, the prices are generally higher than those of lower income per capita cities.

8. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Considering what I've seen about the place on this thread, they feel they need to remind their clientele who might be, umm, having too good a time to remember to tip.

9. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I generally tip 20% unless the service is really, really bad. Anyone who has to wait on a large group on a Saturday night should get the full 20 AT LEAST. So yeah what I wrote up there I really meant! :)

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I usually tip 15% for OK service, 20% for good service (or the math is easier), but you make a very good point about waiting on a large party on a Saturday night. Gotchya! (Unless the service really sucks.)

11. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Again, because this isn't a date, I have no problem tipping that kind of money. I've been to a restaurant up in Calabasas where I saw The Romantics perform and it was really nice. But it wasn't a date; the head of my dept where I used to work paid for everything. But I know not to go over board in those kinds of situations. I'm straying off the subject now. I'll stop.

See you guys tomorrow.

12. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Okay, I will affix the Jar Jar pencil to a cheesy piece of foam-core or some other horrid substance. With tape. I think that should do it justice.

I have finished the quiz, it is 20 questions. The ONLY help I will give you is that I have leaned a little heavy on TESB because that's my favorite film. I hope my maiden voyage with you guys is a successful one. I don't know how you guys have done this before, but I put it on paper, and I guess we can do it whilst waiting for entree's or however you guys handle it.

My SO will not be able to make it, but I will bring a picture of her with Hugh Laurie in full House mode, and pics of us with GL from FIDM. She has been to the Ranch 5 times and has great photos (I have been once) but that is her braggin' rights and she will handle that on her own next time...

I can't wait to formally meet many of you!

Mary-SPJ

13. Clawdite_Daisy

Clawdite_Daisy Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    Unfortunately, my boss just asked to to work On Saturday. I really wanted to go. Blast!! See you at the next event.

14. BorriKuuaah

BorriKuuaah Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2006
    Hope you all have a great time tomorrow!!!! Will catch you at the next event!

15. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Okay, chances are slim on my going after all, but I'm still going to try and make it. I'll definietly make it to next month's event regardless. If I'm lucky, hopefully I'll be able to meet you all tomorrow.

16. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Double post, wheeee! Unfortuantely, I can't come tomorrow, as I don't have a ride, but I'm sure I can go next month, so I'll see you all then.

17. jerseyyoda

jerseyyoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    Hey, how come Scooty gets to make a quiz on her maiden voyage? I didn't get that kind of treatment. Blasted! And what about my Ranch bragging rights? Oh well, at least maybe I won't feel like the newb so much anymore.

18. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I will see you all tonight. However my sister will not, she will be at a screening for the Transformers Movie. Hate her!!!

Just FYI for the count.

19. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'll be there and I think on time. Though I'm so tired someone may have to hold my head up.

20. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm planning on being there, and gonna try something new... I'm shooting for being on time! :eek: Imagine that!

21. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear some of y'all can't make it! :( Hopefully next time, eh? We're down to 14, so that leaves room, if anyone wants to induct a friend! :D

JY -- Scooty (or SPJ) got to do the quiz because she is special and you are not! [face_laugh] Okay, just kidding...the quiz, kinda like my job as CR, is open to anyone WILLING to take it on when it's offered...if you'd like to do it next time, I'd LOVE to lock you into it! [face_batting] And you know you're no longer a newb when your CR teases you...right D_B? [:D]

SPJ -- sounds like your SO has some tales to tell...hopefully next time?! I've never been to the ranch...:_|

I hope nobody is scared off by my tipping post above, I'm not trying to be obsessed with the tipping thing, but the manager insisted ONE check, and there are no ATMs nearby, so I just wanted to give a heads-up.

Finally, I'm sooooo looking forward to this! More great new members to meet, and old ones to see again...WHOOOOOOO!

22. Avalyn07

Avalyn07 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    I can't attend tonight. :_| I feel terrible about it, especially after having you count me in. I was really looking forward the meet up. And getting to know my new area group peps. I have been planning this for some time. I just returned from an appointment that was only going to last a few hours, it didn't. I didn't have my car so I had to wait for the person that took me.:mad: UGGG!! This is not the norm for me and I want you to know that for the future. So sorry again and I hope I get to meet you all soon.

23. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Sorry I could not attend....last minute obligations kept me
    from joining everyone
    :(

24. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Yikes! Sounds like a lot of people are cancelling. Isn't that normal?

25. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Well, I had fun at the Sagebrush with my fellow LAFFers!!! Great food, great drinks, and most of all, great fun with my fellow LAFF buddies!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.