LA, CA LAFF New Meeting Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ok guys, now that April fool's is over, and there are no more "disturbances", we need to get back on the boat on being the LAFF. I'm thinking of the 3rd or last weekend of May to have our first official Fan Force meeting since I was elected CR. I know we're all busy at times, but we need to start doing things as a group again.

To any of the "olde guard" who still want to be active members, you are all more than welcome to join us "new guard-ers" and be friends again. I just don't want the same drama that split San Diego or L.A. Jedi. If we can be civilized adults, we can have fun again.

That being said, we need to meet again. And this time, we really need to meet, no flaking, no drama, no BS.

We can start planning for Comic Con as well.
  2. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't find the joke disturbing at all, SJ. But, I was disappointed that it turned out to be just that (an April Fool's joke)after all. It was very well coordinated and all, so they probably have their own little Facebook group and are not interested in LAFF anymore, except to lurk make an occasional post. But, it would be nice if it was an overture to be "friends again" after all. *Sigh*

But, anyhow, I will try to attend any luncheon or dinner if it is in any May weekend except the first one.
  3. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    maybe there's a better chance they will stay/come back, if you don't call them 'disturbances'.
  4. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    We would be in attendance for later in May!!!
  5. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I tried to talk to SR, JB, and DB outside of the boards and neither of them would talk to me. Which leads me to believe, based on this and other evidence, that their "comeback" was all but a farce and that they weren't serious about being members with us again. I even offered the CR position back to SR so he can be back in command, and I got no response. I tried to be civil with them and they shined me on. I never called anyone any names or spoke of ill will towards them.

Back on the subject, I'm thinking May 16th or May 23rd. I need suggestions and so we can get a consensus and then find a meeting location. Most likely a restaurant, unless anyone else has a suggestion of a meeting place.
  6. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8

This. It was all in good fun, hun.
  7. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, I'm not so sure about how 'fun' it was. I am sorry it wasn't real, I dropped in as I do occasionally, to read what's up in SW fandom, and was briefly hopeful to see that things might be changing. I started posting again because I thought some of the others were coming back. If not, well, that's sad and, to quote Threepio: Typical.

Mary-SPJ
  8. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Well it's your choice to find offense to it. And as it was nearly a month ago, I think it best to just move on and go back to the original purpose of this thread, which was to plan the next meeting.
  9. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    So, look at it this way. If it was just fun, it would be nice to have more people (re)join us. If it was meant to be offensive, wouldn't you RATHER hang out with the rest of us anyway? (And I really do hope that some of the people who don't generally come to our luncheons/dinners can make it this time, SPJ, Bowen, Oldbies.)

I'm just saying.
  10. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Ok people, I need an answer for a meeting date. Not just "I'm ok with any day". I need an answer from everyone.

Either May 16 or May 22

C'mon people, let's not get lazy.
  11. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww...I missed the second coming!

I just spent more than 10 minutes reading messages here after not being on for more than a month.

Too bad they were chased off again.
  12. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    JT, nobody chased them off, but you know that.
  13. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Guys, I need a vote for a meeting date please!
  14. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    How about starting a poll to find out which day works best and what restaurant people would like to try. I'm good with 5/16, 5/23 or 5/30 myself. (Sundays would be harder for me, but I'd be happy to accommodate my LAFF buddies.) But, some people may be going away for the Memorial day weekend (5/23 would be no good for them.)

And then, just as a suggestion, if everyone says 5/16 & 5/30 are OK, make the meeting 5/16 and we could always get together again on 5/30 if something strikes our collective fancy.

But, you are the CR, SJ. It's up to you to make the decision on how to handle it. I'm just trying to be helpful.
  15. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    All I know is they were here, people kinda made a scene about it, and now they are gone.

Otherwise I had no idea they were all coming back. If I had I would have posted with them.
  16. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    No one made a scene. I was just trying find out why, coincidentally on April Fool's Day, they all just showed up out of the blue. I even texted SR and DB to see if they were back and neither of them gave me a straight answer. They did both give me the same answer when I text messaged them, strangely enough. But it seems as though this was a cleverly coo-berated joke that coincidentally involved most of the "olde guard", people whom I once even called "friends". I'm sure DB would explain it to you because somehow he won't explain it to me. I'm sure they're watching what we post and what not and have their own little click on facebook to twitter.

But seriously, either stay on topic or make a new thread regarding their april fool's joke. I'm getting rather tired of having to explain this BS.
  17. GFORCE13 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well I hope I am not speaking out of turn but would like to mention that there was a impromptu meeting last night of which I was one of people in attendance, the main focus of this was to discuss the reality of setting a date for a formal meeting. So I ask the membership of this forum to respond to the call and give notice of which dates would be possible for our next official meeting! [face_thinking]
  18. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Formal shmormal! No, really. Most Saturdays are good for me, but I do make other plans, impromptu. So, Saturdays are tentatively good for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.