main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA LAFF Strike Force Team 16-week thread!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I bowled really good, then really bad (for me). 142, 103. I have to pay for next week then I guess I'm done. If we get our balls when I'm not there someone please just take care of it until I return.

I'll get those pictures up this weekend. I'm sorry I'm slow on this, but I have an event tonight, one tomorrow night, Saturday and then Saturday night. I have Saturday afternoon to work on it. I may be going to Disney on Sunday.

Calgone take me away. (but not to Texas)

2. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Here is the latest photos I've uploaded.

I have also the very large size versions as well of the group shot. JB, may I upload it to the site or is there a better way?

3. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I don't have my camera today someone is using it. So if anyone wants pictures tonight I can't do them.

4. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'll try to remember to bring mine then because I'm hoping we get our balls today [face_praying]

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Can't make it tonight, hope to make it for the final "bowl-off" LOL next week. Have fun tonight, guys!

6. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Hi Guys, I am back safe and sound. I plan to Haskett this thread, atleast five times.

OK, will not be at bowling tonight. Sorry to miss you all. Will be at the final two. Whereever we all decide to get drilled, is fine, as long as they are reliable and reasonable. If this weekend, I can make it. Sorry SR to miss your birthday celebration. I need not wish you happy birthday, because you will likely get a call or in person wish from mua!

Sorry to miss the holiday party Saturday. Sounds like it was a fun time. I was off to visit my parents. My fahter's surgery went well. He has a brand newtitanium knee, working and well. Well, far from well. He is completely in rehab. It will take a few weeks before he recovers. But, I was a good son.

I have not forgot about softball game. Still planning first week in February.

JR, have a good dinner tonight. I know, it won't be the same, but you will survive.

Someone keep me updated on the balls. I guess leave mine there, and I will pick it up before we get drilled. If we don't go to San Gabriel or Pasadena area, Scott grab mine. Otherwise, leave it there. Please TEXT MESSAGE me the ball deal. I am at Hockey game tonight.

Will miss you all.

D-B

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Tonight was fun except for the fact that DB, JB, BeSo, and Qui-Gon-John weren't there.. but we had a very special guest.. Elensara!! She came to bowl and celebrate SR's birthday. DH provided a Subway Sandwich platter (we're not supposed to bring in outside food, but we're special). We also had an ice cream cake, which had no cake in it whatsoever.
    I bowled lousy, but it didn't matter.. WE GOT BALLS!! er I should say, we got our BOWLING balls!! I chose Yoda, so my wife would accept it. I'm jealous of DB's Darth Maul ball though. All the balls look really cool. I would like to bowl, at least once, with my Yoda ball.

8. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Yup, tonight was fun. The Exceptional Elensara bowls ambidexterously. She uses her left hand to bowl on the right lane and her right hand to bowl on the left lane. Now THAT'S talent! More fun things: Subway sandwiches (thanks, DH!), cake (thanks, JR!), owing no more money each week and balls!! (Mine had a little defect on the 'center' so Tony's going to see about getting another for me. Fingers crossed!)

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    DB I didn't read your post until I got home. On the advise of DH and JR I took your ball home with me. I can give it to you Friday night or sometime this weekend. Call me tomorrow and we can discuss.

Thank you everyone for tonight. I'm so glad I can now stop using my free Blockbuster coupons for Battlefront II, and I have a blemmish free Hollywood Reporter now.

The cake/ice cream was great. I like ice cream better than cake so that was a great choice. Oh and I have to thank Jerry too for paying my last night of bowling.

We now have to plan a drilling day.

10. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Well that was quite fun, but now I have a headache, heh. Thanks DH! Thanks JR! Happy birthday, SR (in 35 min...)!
    "Exceptional"? Ha! JB, I got you a 72 and 56...or something...(sorry?). It was fun trying out lefty bowling for the first time. I'd say I'm about equally bad on both sides. You guys' balls are pretty.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok, that last sentence should be on a card from that game JR got at the holiday party.

Oh and I was very happy to see ES tonight at bowling. Thanks for coming.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yes, bowling was fun though my bowling as always was terrible. I love my bowling ball and am so excited! Yeah! I'll post pictures later.

13. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Birthday boy,
    Do you want to get our balls drilled Saturday? I can drive?

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I posted some pictures I took at JR's party. I hope it works. I tried to post them with the others but I think I lack administrator rights so if someone wants to move them that would be fine. Then our friendly neighborhood RSA can edit my link. Otherwise, enjoy. Oh, and ignore the stupid captions. I'm not terribly clever or creative in that respect.

15. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Wooooow! Great pics, DH! Sorry more than ever that I missed it. Look at all those cool SW fans in their shirts...

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks JB. You, BeSo, and QJG were missed.

17. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    If anyone is planning on getting their balls drilled on Saturday, let me know, because I want to go too.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'll join you guys.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I can't do Saturday as that is our Sony Childrens Holiday party, where all the poor children come and we give them gifts. Anyway I can go Sunday.

Call me. I won't be able to get online this weekend I bet. (see complaints thread)

20. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Dear Dorks,

SR and I are goign Sunday AM.

Signed, the Non-Dork

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Whatever to you losers. I have my ball, drilled and ready to go. The engraving machine didn't work so I have to take it back to get that taken care of later.

22. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Thank you JR for doing me the favor Tuesday. Much appreciated. The machine (engraving) should be working Tuesday. (closed Monday)

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have JR's ball. I'll probably bring mine over on Wednesday, unless JR wants to take mine on Tuesday also. Or, I'll just take it on Thursday since I'm taking time off.

24. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I just want to use my damn ball once, while this league happens. Thats all.

Maybe DH, you take the balls Tuesday in after work, and we (Jr and I) grba them Wednesday. Or, JR can just do me the favor cause he likes me. :) He said, engraving the names takes like 2-3 minutes each, so to do the three, would not take long. Whatever is easiest.

As a post script, Roy said the balls were worth around $142.00 each, and are good quality. Thats cool. That means, our league only cost us 208-142= $66.00 for 16 weeks of games and soes. Cool.

25. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I will get DH and my ball back tonight and take it to the shop tomorrow after work and get our names engraved. I will pick up DB's ball too. I'll bring them all with me on Wednesday. I may have to skip on dinner though because I have an appointment at 5:30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.