main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA LAFF Strike Force Team 16-week thread!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Sep 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Which names are you having engraved: real or board?

2. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    fake (board names) which is or is not kind of lame... I dont know.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm having my board name engraved because, well, then it matches my shirt, and well, it's part of my SW personna so it works (in my mind any way).

Roy is super cool. He let me practice "bowling" in his shop to check the ball. It made a popping noise every time I released the ball. I may have to go back to get bigger holes drilled just in case. He said it was because I was gripping the ball.

Roy also says that the artwork, like beauty, is skin deep so if we scratch, nick, or gouge them (look ES, gouge-y!) we will damage the picture. I don't want to use it too often.

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I brought in my ball and JR's ball because he was supposed to come by to pick them up and he did not (lame). Any way, this way he can take them to be engraved.

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Double Post! I was thinking that maybe we should get Tony something since he's cut us so much slack (three cakes and other food). What do you guys think?

6. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    That is very nice and thoughtful! Count me in!

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Had I thought of it earlier, a bowling shirt would have been nice but I don't think we can get one in a week. Any ideas?

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Target Gift Card (or Wal*Mart) or a "special" DVD.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That's so impersonal. If we can get a MR saber for a good price that would be a nice gift. A bit expensive too, I guess.

10. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    actually, 10.00 each, we can get him a MR saber. I think that is a good idea. Think about it, between LU.net guys, and the 8 of us, we could cover it.

On other category, I may have an extra Special DVD, I could give. Too bad I am at work now. :) Special DVDs make friends!!

11. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Whoo-hoo! We've made an executive decision, and tonight we're going to pay up, get our bowling balls, and call it a league. Next week is just too crazy for us. So tonight is our final night! DH - remind me to pay up for some cakes and gifts, etc...

12. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Tonight was fun. It looks like I will not make my goal of bowling 200. Only one more week to go. Let's do something crazy next week. It's kind of bittersweet. I'm glad to see it end, but I really enjoyed hanging out with everyone over the past 4 months.

13. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I propose this: When someone gets a strike, he/she assigns three people do do shots of Tequilla or Scotch or something. Example: Debbi gets a strike. She says, you, you, and you do a shot.

I can sponsor the Tequilla. Yes DH, you can be exempt.

14. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    OK, I'm IN. DW will have to drive though, lol.

How about we bowl the second game with our OTHER hand? Ought to make the coordination stakes interesting.

15. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I want to be there! You are going to have fun without me. I'm sad.
    I'm in for a gift for Tony if you guys want to do something.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Mr. DH and my padawan may be present for the last week. I hope that Tony gets JN's ball taken care of otherwise there will be hell to pay.

D-B, sorry I was being mean to you. I was feeling ornery without SR to temper my mood.

17. Clawdite_Daisy

Clawdite_Daisy Jedi Master star 2

Apr 4, 2003
    If you guys are going this Wednesday, I have the week off. If I don't go, I will Send SBW in my place.

18. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Last night---woo hoo! Not that it hasn't been fun...

So Tony didn't do anything about my ball for the second week in a row. He didn't call me as promised and he didn't talk to his manager. I called last Friday or Saturday looking for him and the manager answered the phone. She was taken off guard and was really cranky with me at first! She called back ten minutes later with my 'bad' ball in hand to apologize and clarify my concern. Turns out she's really, really nice and helpful. IF she's kept in the loop. She contacted the manufacturer and in two weeks or so I'll have a new ball. She apologized that she didn't know about this sooner. GRRRR.

Poor DW may have to bowl one more time after the league ends so I can inaugurate my ball. Come to think of it, I don't think he's bowled with his yet either...

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry to hear that your ball problem had not been corrected. I am glad it's getting taken care of though. I'll bowl with you guys afterwards too, if you can stand my lameness. I haven't had a chance to have my holes redrilled.

20. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    My friends, I'm sorry to say, I will not be able to make bowling tonight. I caught the stomach flu and I feel terrible. I was looking forward to tonight and having dinner with DB one last time. Oh well.

21. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I know I said last week that we were DONE, there's a small chance that BeSo and I will show tonight after all...it depends on whether I'm released early from work or not.

Yeah, we're tired, but also pretty sad that this is IT! :_|

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah! It's finally all over! Man! My ball is scuffed and has paint chips from the pins. My padawan and Mr. DH came and I was beaten by both. It's rather embarrassing when you think about it.

Vari made her debut appearance. Welcome Vari! SBW also came and bowled very well.

DW, JN and I will meet to bowl again later when JN's ball comes in.

The cool thing of the night is we got to keep the Strike Force banner. YEAH!

23. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Darn, I'm sorry I had to miss it, and miss meeting Vari! But, I'm in San Diego.

If you'all do plan to get together one more time, hopefully I can make that.

24. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    it's been real,
    it's been fun

IT HASN'T been really fun. Will miss you guys. can't wait to resume normal events,
    i.e.: attending a happy hour.

For your ball, Windex or 409 work fine. Just spray on a clean paper towel, and the grease/ scrapes sometimes come off.

Hope you feel better JR. I gave DH something to give you.

Hurray, we are done!!!

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It sounds weird but I miss seeing everyone on Wednesdays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.