main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    If there is a question you would like to ask of your fellow collectors, this is the thread to do it in. If you need to know how much an item is worth, ask it here. If you need to know where to go to find a certain item, ask that here. Basically anything you can think of to ask your fellow collectors, you can do so in here.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  2. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    Ok heres a question!

Why is everyone still using the old thread?

3. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Alright, I have a question. Does anyone have a list of figures after #29, Dannyl Faytonni? I'd prefer #'s with the figures because I'm trying to find the ones I'm missing (I found Obi-Wan and a Dignitary, which are #35+). Thanks.

4. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    This is a little more than you were asking for, but good reference anyway.

Complete List of '03 Numbers:

01 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Acklay Battle
    02 - Mace Windu - Arena Confrontation
    03 - Darth Tyranus - Geonosian Escape
    04 - Padme Amidala - Droid Factory Chase
    05 - SP-4 & JN-66 - Library Droids
    06 - Tusken Raider - Tatooine Camp Ambush
    07 - Anakin Skywalker - Secret Ceremony
    08 - Boba Fett - Pit of Carkoon
    09 - R2-D2 - Droid Factory Flight
    10 - Lama Su with Clone Youth
    11 - Aayla Secura - Jedi Knight
    12 - Barris Offee - Luminara Unduli's Padawan
    13 - Han Solo - Hoth Rescue
    14 - Chewbacca - Mynock Hunt
    15 - Yoda & Chian - Padawan Lightsaber Training
    16 - Ashla & Jempa - Jedi Padawans
    17 - Luke Skywalker - Throne Room Duel
    18 - Darth Vader - Throne Room Duel
    19 - Snowtrooper - The Battle of Hoth
    20 - Jango Fett - Kamino Escape
    21 - C-3PO - Tatooine Ambush
    22 - Padme Amidala - Secret Ceremony
    23 - Wat Tambor - Geonosis War Room
    24 - Coleman Trebor - Battle of Geonosis
    25 - Darth Maul - Theed Hanger Duel
    26 - Princess Leia - Imperial Captive
    27 - Han Solo - Flight to Alderaan
    28 - WA-7 - Dexter's Diner
    29 - Lt. Dannl Faytonni - Coruscant Oulander Club
    30 - The Emperor - Throne Room
    31 - Luke Skywalker - Tatooine Encounter
    32 - Darth Vader - Death Star Clash
    33 - Bail Organa - Alderaan Senator
    34 - McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper - Fan's Choice #4
    35 - Imperial Dignitary Janus Greejatus - Death Star Procession
    36 - Padme Amidala - Lars' Homestead
    37 - Achk Med-Beq - Coruscant Outlander Club
    38 - Ayy Vida - Outlander Nightclub Patron
    39 - Obi-Wan Kenobi - Outlander Nightclub Encounter
    40 - Elan Sleazebaggano - Outlander Nightclub Encounter
    41 - Imperial Dignitary Kren Blista-Vinee - Death Star Procession
    42 - CW Anakin Skywalker
    43 - CW ARC Trooper
    44 - CW Yoda
    45 - CW Obi-Wan Kenobi - General of the Republic Army
    46 - CW Durge - Commander of the Separatist Forces
    47 - CW Asajj Ventress - Sith Apprentice
    48 - CW Mace Windu - General of the Republic Army
    49 - CW Kit Fisto
    50 - CW Clone Trooper
    51 - CW Saesee Tiin

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Wow darc, awesome list.

6. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    If there's one thing I'm good at, it's making lists. ;)

7. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
    Thanks, that's exactly what I needed!

8. Darth_Ravenger

Darth_Ravenger Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2002
    Hello I have a question. Does anyone know where on this website of "theforce.net" to find a reference library of production photos from all of the starwars movies? My reason for asking is that I had heard on another site before that this website has the largest selection and best selection of movie production photos. I have no idea where they are located on this site. I want these photos for movie scenes,backgrounds and characters because I collect starwars figures. This would help in my quest to build dioramas with accurate details according to the real movie sets and props used. If anyone knows anything or can help I would appreciate it.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Darth_Ravenger: you could start your search
    here .

10. Outsider73

Outsider73 Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2003
    I'm a long time fan of theforce.net, but am just now venturing out to the Jedi Council Forums. What brought me... questions about some vintage carded figures I've recently run across.

Here's the deal. A few SW-12 Carded figures have a frosty look to them. For an example, the Han Solo and two Death Squad Commanders seem to have some sort of crystal growing on parts of them. It's the most noticeable on Han's legs and the DSC's Helmets.

One of those Death Squad Commanders had a few worm like-bugs inside the bubble. I don't see any entry point, but nevertheless, they are there (long dead of course). I also found those bugs inside a carded die cast Darth Vader TIE. What are those things? Are they responsible for the frosty look of the action figures? I would assume this would hurt the resale value of these toys.

As for value of action figures, some of the carded Star Wars and Empire figures I've ran across are in great shape... but the proof of purchase has been removed; sometimes cutting completely through the card, other times just the top layer of cardboard. I'm not up on the grading scale, but was curious if anyone knows what kind of % decrease this would cause?

Any help is appreciated! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

11. wprebeck

wprebeck Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2003
    Sorry, but I don't have an answer for ya, but I do have a question of my own....I've got a Darth Tyranus Geonosis Escape in which Dooku/Tyranus appears to have a mole on his face. I've never seen any other examples of this with this card...Anyone know anything about this variation?

12. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Are you talking about the figure itself or the little inlay card? Neither my figure nor the card have a mole. There is a dark spot on Dooku's right cheek (on the card) but it looks like a combination of part of his beard & a shadow to me. The figure I have is the only one I've seen anywhere. I found him once back in September & snatched him up. I haven't been able to compare him to any others.

13. wprebeck

wprebeck Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2003
    I'm talking about the figure itself....I'll try and post a pic later, but I'm at work, and can't get to it right now. The figure has a very dark spot on the right side of his face, and is not a shadow, nor part of his beard. It's on his cheek, about halfway up his face. Like I said, I'll try to get a pic later on, but it'll probably be tomorrow before I can get to it.
    As far as the figure goes, I've seen plenty of them around here (Louisville, KY). There's a Meijer nearby that emptied all of their old stock onto the shelves, and they had at least 2-3 of him.

14. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    No mole on the Count Dooku I own. Like I said, I've never been able to compare him to others. You're sure it's not just a random paint splotch? I've had a few figures with paint spots where they shouldn't be, but those usually rub off.

15. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    No mole on my Dooku either, though my Supreme Chancellor Palpatine has a nasty case of the chicken pox... :p ;)

16. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    Hey Yall Did anyone in here ever get the Deluxe Kamino Obi-Wan or the Deluxe Kamino Jango Fett because here in Florida I never saw them in a store whether it was secondary or retail. Also does anyone know when those new Cantina scenes will ever hit the store shelves. MTHBWY

17. darcphoenyx

Aug 12, 2001
    codemaker, the Kamino Deluxe Obi-Wan & Jango figures have been found in a few places...but were generally very hard to find at retail. Most of the people on here who have them purchased them through online sources. It may be like the Yoda & C-3PO Saga Deluxe figures, however, where they made it to the shelves in some places very late (recently I came across a few cases of these at a local KB, added to the shelves about a year late).

The second wave of Cantina Sets are on hold...with Hasbro still looking for a store to carry them. Given their experience with the first wave and the way they are scaling back SW toys in general, Wal-Mart is probably out of the picture. Some were made though, because they have shown up on the Jedi Master Points auction program, and a few via eBay.

Hope that helps.

18. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Very few places ever recieved the deluxe sets with Obi-Wan and Jango. I know I never saw them. Stores were full of the first deluxe wave so they didn't need any more, resulting in few of the Obi-Wans/Jangos showing up.

About the Tyranus mole thing....lol. No it isn't "worth more" than any other Tyranus. It's simply a paint splatter. ;) Happens all the time, unfortunately.

19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I have two of the Deluxe Jango sets, both purchased at Forbidden Planet in London. They had Deluxe Obi-Wan as well but I collect Fetts so I gave him a miss.

20. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    Hey thanks everyone. I also found those Deluxe Yodas and 3p0's on clearence at KB for 3.99 each. When they 1st came out I only saw them once or twice at TRU but passed assuming there would be tons more. That 3p0 is way kool. Hey keep hittin them KB's cause Ephant Mon and those Deluxe jango and Obi's will hopefully go on clearance. MTFBWYA

21. Horror_Express

Horror_Express Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 2002

Hey there,

Haven't posted in over a year, but I had a question. I bought a Jedi Outcast Collector's tin second hand on e-bay. It turned out that the tin wasn't from a fan, it was from a store that sells exclusively on e-bay. So,the sucker had a lot of labels on it. What is the best way to remove them and the residue/glue left behind? I remember back in the day, I had a Wizard magazine (back before they were even in double digits) in which Bart Sears suggested lighter fluid. Anyone here have experience with this sort of matter (with action figure cards or tins)? Anyone know what might work best for my tin?

22. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
    Lighter fluid works pretty well, and I've heard that nail polish remover is supposed to work also, but I've never actually tried it myself.

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I agree that lighter fluid works best. There is also some commerical products such as "Goop off" or "Goo off" that also work well, but lighter fluid is probably the most inexpensive way.

24. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    This question has nothing to do with toys or collecting: Am I the only one who keep getting a banner of pot leaves with a drop down menu of slang names for marijuana? I just noticed this thing today. I'm not into the whole "better living thru chemistry" thing. Personally, I don't care what people do in their own homes, but does it belong on this forum?

EDIT: That banner keeps popping up between the Jango Fett heads. I can't be the only one who's seen this.

25. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
    I just got the ad myself for the first time a few minutes ago, but there have been reports of it popping up all day long. There's even a thread about it in the Communications forum Um, Why Did I Just Get Pot Leaves And A GoTo Pot In The Header Ad?. From what I gather it's an anti marijuana ad that's simply trying to get the users attention to report the dangers of drug use. I'm not sure if Sap will report it and try to have it removed from the JC or not, but that's low down on it.