main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I did a Google search on 'protech star case' and found a bunch of sites. wholesalecases seemed to have pretty good prices. I have never ordered from them, however.

2. TT-8L

TT-8L Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2004
    Question for anyone from sydney out there.
    I've been all over the city and i cant find any new figures, the last new one i found was coleman trebor. Anyone know where some new figures are???

3. Odowan

Odowan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2004
    Is Hoth Attack Luke's lightsaber blade supposed to be detachable? I've seen pictures of him jsut holding the hilt, and the hilt fitting in the Wampa's base. (something not possible if it has the blade, right?)

My blade is permanently fixed to the hilt. Did I get screwed?

4. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Is it plastic or metal

plastic 99% of the time doesnt come out
    metal 99% does come out (stupid darth tyranus fig!)

5. DarthBane77

DarthBane77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2003
    Question. Please answer quickly because this is an ebay auction, and I want to get this settled. I bought a vintage B-Wing pilot from a seller that said he was complete, mint, and included all the assessories he came with. He was without his blaster.

Here's my question:

Was there a send-away version of this figure? And, if there was, was there a version that would not have his gun? Thanks!

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    'Universe' does not list a send-away, nor one without a pistol. It lists the original on ROTJ header card, a reissue on POTF header,and a reissue on Tri-logo header. Price given is $30 US for the carded ones and $10 US for the figure loose with pistol.

7. zappedjedi

zappedjedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2003
    POTJ Snowspeeder figures.

Does the POTJ snowspeeder come with just the one figure?
    The box says it includes exclusive 'Dack Ralter' figure but at 'Rebelscum.com' they list the vehicle as 'Snow Speeder "Battle Damaged" with Rebel Pilots'.
    They also show two figures, one of Dack and the other of Luke.

Is the Luke one also included but being from the POTF2 range was not given the 'exclusive' tag or does Dack come alone and 'Rebelscum' just pictured the Luke figure as a comparison to Dack's 'X-Wing pilot' get-up?

Thanks.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The description of the POTJ snowspeeder on
    brianstoys says that it comes with Luke and Dak exclusive figures.

9. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Yep, both figures are included.

The labelling on the box said "Includes New Dack Ralter Figure" because it was the first time Dack had ever been made into a figure. For some reason they didn't even bother mentioning Luke on the packaging aside from the "Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder" name.

Both figures are the same except for the heads (Luke's came from the POTF2 X-Wing Pilot, Dack's was a new sculpt) and some minor paint details.

10. lukehu

lukehu Jedi Master star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    How are you doing? Below is the list of 3.75-inch figures I really want but don't have. My question is: Should I purchase them from eBay.com with a higher price or should I wait for them to reappear on the store shelves again? I was working on my thesis during the entire November and December and never left my computer screen so I missed the best opportunity. There is no wrong answers for this question. I just want to know your opinion about how rare are these figures in your area and are they worth the higher eBay.com price?

Aayla Secura (Jedi Knight)
    Barris Offee (Luminara Unduli's Padawan)
    Coleman Trebor (Battle of Geonosis)
    Elan Sleazebaggano (Outlander Nightclub Encounter): 1st version, has ears
    WA-7 (Dexter's Diner)
    Boba Fett (The Pit of Carkoon)
    Darth Vader (Throne Room Duel)
    Luke Skywalker (Tatooine encounter): new 2003 package

Clone Wars:
    ARC Trooper
    Durge (Commander of the Separatist Forces)
    Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike
    Durge with Swoop
    Droid Army 3-figure-pack

11. zappedjedi

zappedjedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2003
    Thanks LAJ_FETT & darcphoenyx for the Snowspeeder answer.
    lukehu,
    I'm assuming you live in the U.S. and if so my answer will be no good to you but if you live in England then the following from your list i've seen quite frequently and recently:-

WA-7 (Dexter's Diner)
    Boba Fett (The Pit of Carkoon)
    Droid Army 3-figure-pack

I found that DURGE is the more elusive in my travels.

Does anyone know if UK 'Toys R Us' will be getting any new stuff soon?

12. JediStu2

JediStu2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    Hey I've just got a quick question for anyone nice enough to answer, :). I'm missing the red lightsaber from my loose Darth Vader Bespin Duel figure. Is there anyway I can buy an accessory pack that has a red lightsaber (Vader's) in it? Especially the newer lightsabers with the flare at the hilt?

13. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I'm afraid not, JediStu2...

The only red lightsaber ever included in an modern accessory pack was the Episode I "Sith Accessory Set"...and that was a Darth Maul saber.

The only Saga accessory pack with lightsabers was the "Arena Conflict Acessory Set (with Battle Droid)"...which were the new style, but were blue & green generic sabers.

...your best bet is probably to hit a KB and see if they have a $2.99 Bespin Duel Vader and just replace him completely.

14. yippieskippy

yippieskippy Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2004
    Does anyone know what's going on with Target? I check about 3 Targets in my area pretty routinely and for the last 1 month plus they have been out of figures. They just have empty pegs. The pegs are there with the price tags on them but no figures. I find it odd that so many Targets have nothing to choose from. Is there something going on at a corporate level?

15. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I've got a question:

Does anyone know why Target raised the prices on the basic figures to $5.99?? :mad:

16. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    I noticed the same thing the other day at the local Target as well PM, I'm not sure what they were thinking with that... :mad:

17. JediStu2

Sep 1, 2003
    This questions has probably been asked before but I personally cannot find a reason as to why the General Jan Dodonna comes with three medals. There were only two at the end of A New Hope awarded, am I right? Is this for the fans who think Chewie got a bum deal at the beginning of the trilogy?

18. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    "This questions has probably been asked before but I personally cannot find a reason as to why the General Jan Dodonna comes with three medals."

There is currently a rumor that in the Archival Edition of the OT, Genenral Dodonna will give Chewbacca a medal. This is likely to be the reason that Hasbro included three medals with the figure. If so, then I tip my hat to the cunning person at Hasbro who decided to pack Dodonna with three medals. :)

19. yippieskippy

Jan 8, 2004
    I just started collecting again after a two year break. We had a family medical issue that prevented any frivolous spending. Anyway, I'm trying to catch up and I was wondering if you all might answer a few questions:

1) Of the Hall of Fame wave I have found 4

Theed Maul
    Alderaan Han
    Tatooine Luke
    Captive Leia

My question is: Are the other members of this wave very difficult to find? I think I started collecting again when store supplies were low so I'm not sure if I should wait for them to show up or buy them on ebay before they all disappear. Any ideas?

2) I use the Cargo Bay database on StarWars.com to keep track of my collection. I have noticed that several figures that have been out for a while are not represented there while some figures that aren't even out yet are. Does anyone here use that site and if so do you know why?

3) Of the Lando wave I have found all but Tanus Spijek. I have seen the other memebers of this wave in several places, but never him. Is he out yet? Hard to find?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

20. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    1) Of the Hall of Fame wave I have found 4

Theed Maul
    Alderaan Han
    Tatooine Luke
    Captive Leia

My question is: Are the other members of this wave very difficult to find? I think I started collecting again when store supplies were low so I'm not sure if I should wait for them to show up or buy them on ebay before they all disappear. Any ideas?

Those specific figures that you found have been out since last year, though they have been re-issued along with the rest of the Hall of Fame assortment. It is possible that you found remnants from an older wave, since you didn't find the other figures in the HOF case. I have yet to find the HOF, so I would suggest you give it some more time before resorting to eBay.

2) I use the Cargo Bay database on StarWars.com to keep track of my collection. I have noticed that several figures that have been out for a while are not represented there while some figures that aren't even out yet are. Does anyone here use that site and if so do you know why?

I do not use Cargo Bay. I'm not sure why the site has not been updated properly, so I can't really give you a concrete answer.

3) Of the Lando wave I have found all but Tanus Spijek. I have seen the other memebers of this wave in several places, but never him. Is he out yet? Hard to find?

Tanus Spijek is not part of the Jabba's Palace waves... neither wave 2 nor 3. Instead, he is part of the Battle of Yavin wave, or wave 4. I'm not sure why Hasbro did this, but it may be due to the fact that they already had four other new figures in wave 3, so they just held him off until wave 4.

Hope that helps. :)

21. yippieskippy

Jan 8, 2004
    Thanks a lot for your answers. I truly appreciate it. How do you keep track of who is in what wave and what wave is out etc? I use photo archives RebelScum.com to keep track of what I have and what I don't, but they don't divide out into waves.

22. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
    "How do you keep track of who is in what wave and what wave is out etc"

Personally I just check darcphoenyx's 2004 Hasbro Figure Waves thread for information on which figures are in which waves. As for finding out when each wave is out, you can usually find reports of new waves being found in stores at sites like Rebelscum and Yakface.com, or just by checking what folks around here have been buying in the The new acquisitions thread. :)

23. yippieskippy

Jan 8, 2004
    Great info. Thanks again for the answers. :)

24. JediStu2

Sep 1, 2003
    I came across the Hall of Fame wave the other day and although the wave doesn't exactly thrill me because they are all reissues I saw the r2 and 3po figures to be a little different than any of their predecesors, especially R2. Is the R2 figure fromt he Hall of Fame wave a new sculpt of something old on a new card?

25. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
    I want to say that the Hall of Fame R2 is the Commtech one that came with the little Holo Leia, but I'm not 100% sure if that's the case or not... ?[face_plain]