main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. correlliangal

correlliangal Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    Hi,

I am hoping this is the right place to ask this question.

I am collecting a few autographs from the actors- namely Hayden Christensen, Harrison Ford and Billy Dee Williams. I used addressed and hints provided by TFN but; I am curious if anyone else has asked and how long did they have to wait??

I mailed them June/July and wanted to know if I am hoping for them too soon. I just can't wait to see them.

Thanks

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got a few autographs (Jeremy Bulloch and Tem Morrison) but I got them in person at shows here in the UK. I think any autograph threads here would be in the SW Community forum. However, Rebelscum has an autograph & photo forum and one of the threads there is on getting autographs through the mail. You might want to ask there! Maybe one of our autograph collectors will chime in here as well.

3. correlliangal

correlliangal Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
  4. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002

I have sent off for an autograph once in my life and that was during the SE releases. I had an extra copy of the EW with Luke on the cover talking about the SE's. I sent the magazine along with a letter to Mark to the official Mark Hamill fan club. It took over a year and I had completely forgotten about it when I received back my magazine with a personalized autograph. Unfortunately, it wasn't long after that Hamill got on that crusade against fake autographs and quit signing most stuff. That's my lone "through the mail" autograph experience, as I prefer to get my autographs in person. So I would be patient as it may take a while, but good luck!

5. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    I WAS reading the article on the TFN main page. And saw the term 'running changes'. What does that phrase mean?
    And one more query:
    I have seen on E-Bay a lovely Darth Vader figure. It is Vader on the Medical table with Anakin head and Vader Armor. Was that ever made/released in the USA. I looked at TRU virtually every week for a year after ROTS figures came out and found nothing. Anyone see this, own it, or know it?

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Was that in the Saga Pit Droid description?
    Pit Droids (2-pack) (originally EPISODE I Bonus Pack-in)
    Another Final 4 figure(s), these little droids from The Phantom Menace were originally only available overseas as a bonus pack-in replacement for the Commtech Chips. These will be released with running changes to include all 3 color schemes and 1 of the accessories that will change halfway through production. Which means you can expect the following variants: white with accessory 1, brown with accessory 1, brown with accessory 2, and orange with accessory 2. At the end of the day, all 4 versions should be in equal numbers.
    Packed with Episode I coin.

If so it would be changes as the figure is being produced - basically the color changes and accessory changes to produce the variants listed above.

7. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    The vader you are on about is the "rebuild darth vader" deluxe figure, it was released in the US and the uk cause I have one myself but I suppose like any modern figures you buy some areas may never stock it at all but then other areas may have had a whole shelf load.
    [image=http://i8.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/61/3a/58_2.JPG]
    If you go through the online resources thread theres a list of stores which may still have them but your best bet I should say would be ebay which on a brief search theres a few that seem to be around the BIN price of $14.00, but keep looking on ebay and I am sure someone will list one.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't recall seeing that one locally. No doubt Entertainer will have it as a shelf warmer in a year or so..

9. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    I've got a question. I recieved a nice candy jar as part of out office Secret Santa. On top of the candy jar, there was an R2-D2 figure glued on. I've been trying to ID the figure. I've determined it's the AOTC version with the lights and sounds, but the foot has a 2004 stamp on it. Was this particular figure released in 2004?

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You'd really have to post a pic so I could compare it to the pics in my collecting books. However, there were two R2's released in 2004 in the OTC collection. One was a regular R2 which doesn't look like it made noises. However there was a Dagobah R2 released as well. It looks 'weathered' and is a kinda beige color (muddy). In the pic of the figure there is a 'Try Me' sign on the packaging so it obviously has sounds or lights. I don't recall seeing this one at retail though.

11. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    Sorry, I was finally able to ID it last night. The 2004 date stamp threw me off. It's the ROTS R2-D2, #48.

12. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    LAJ

I got a Vader head money bank for Christmas. It's ceramic and is dated 1996. The plastic plug at the bottom mentions RMG Ltd 1095.

Do you have any info for me?

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've come up empty on this one, JED1. I've found a few Vader head ceramic banks in my books but none tie back to 1996 or any companies called RMG Ltd. I've had a few Google searches with no results as well. The closest I could come with those initials was Roman Ceramics but their stuff was 1977. You sure on the initials?

14. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    LAJ, I looked again and it's actually R MOSS LTD! [face_blush] I wonder if that helps and it's definately Lucasfilm Ltd 1996.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Nothing in my books on it but I found a few listed on Ebay. Try a Google search of vader +"money box" + 1996 + ceramic. They don't seem to go for much though.

16. TenThousandThings

TenThousandThings Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2004
    I'm very, very new to the collecting world, so go easy on me, but I have a few questions.

Why do the action figures on Amazon.com seem to have much higher prices? They seem to be using some sort of rating scale that I can't find any information on. (I'm looking at EpIII figures, specifically, and many listings say "BF19", "BF27", etc.)

Is there a good page anybody can reccomend that has an FAQ or some other sort of information for beginning collectors?

Thanks

17. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    TenThousandThings, I don't think I can answer all of your questions, but I'll try...

Q: Why are the figures on Amazon more expensive?

A: Most figures are more expensive from online "etailers" than they are in traditional retail stores... Looking at the Amazon prices for ROTS figures, they seem to be out of whack with what they are currently going for on eBay or other online stores for that matter.

Q: What does "BF19" mean?

A: I'm not sure... It could be the number that signifies where a figure comes in a certain collection or wave... Example, the ROTS Super articulated Clone trooper is #41.

Q: Are there any good guides for beginning collectors?

A: Here's a page with many beginners topics... Some of the more helpful for you would probably be near the bottom.

Guide

Also, eBay has MANY collecting guides written by fellow collectors, including over 1,000 on Star Wars collecting.

Hope that helps!

18. TenThousandThings

Dec 15, 2004
    Thanks for the help. I still haven't figured out the Amazon BF# thing, because it doesn't seem to match up to wave or collection numbers, and I'm shocked at exactly how much more expensive their figures seem to be than any other retailer online. But I'll keep working on it. Thanks again for the link and the help.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Don't forget that some of the figures on Amazon are sold by folks using the marketplace and they are setting the prices. Also some might be harder-to-find figures as well.

20. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    You're right, the hits I got were from people selling them.

You bet, good luck and have fun. :D

21. TenThousandThings

Dec 15, 2004
    Ok next question: I've found a few sites online that say SirSteve's has an online price guide, but I can't seem to find it there. Am I missing it, was it discontinued, is it a subsription service?

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've never been able to get onto that site so I don't know. Every time I try to follow a link there I get a 'not found' error. I don't know if my firewall is blocking it or if it is because I am not in the US.

23. FETT3

FETT3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm looking for a case big enough to display my new Slave one lego set, but every I have looked it is either too big or big enough for smaller models. Any help?
    Trouble with legos is they collect dust WAY too quick!

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You might also try asking in the Lego thread. You might get a quicker answer there. I don't collect Legos so I'm not much help on this one.

25. FETT3

FETT3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    Thanks for the help LAJ.

Duh I'm soooo blind thanks again!! [face_laugh]