main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    The HOF Artoo is the POTJ version. The difference in this HOF version is that it is totally clean, while the POTJ one was dirty.

2. JediStu2

JediStu2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    Oh, I see, that makes sense now. Thanks for the answers as always.

3. Mc-Lan

Mc-Lan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    When does the second wave of Clane Wars Figures come out?

Like with Yoda, Clane Trooper, Durge and Dooku?

This post made possible by Mc-Lan :cool:

4. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    The second wave of Clone Wars figures is currently out and at Target. Now, you may have trouble finding the more popular figures, like Yoda and the Clone Trooper. (Big surprise 8-})

5. stuzart

stuzart Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    I work at a toy store and have recently aquired a new type of Jawas 12" style figures. In the original type (Jawas - Tatooine Scavengers), the jawas robes were plastic and their eye's were painted yellow. I was picking through them the other day, when I noticed a pair that were dressed in cloth and were quite a bit more detail in the face. Their eyes are clear and have a different type of blaster. Just wondering about how much they would fetch. Thanks

6. codemaker

codemaker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2003
    Does anyone know why Brian's Toy's has Dexter Jexter with the background card listed so high ($75.00)? That figure wasen't that rare here in Tampa. What should I sell mine for?

7. Sith_Sindicate187

Sith_Sindicate187 Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2004
    i dont know if any one can aswer this but it's worth a try. how much is the error throne room duel luke from r.o.t.j? it has the glove on the left hand on a c10 mint card. if any one can tell me i'll be a happy person.

8. Sith_Sindicate187

Feb 7, 2004
    MARA are we allowed to sell or trade on these threads?

9. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    a) It's impossible for you to have a C10 card, the highest you can get at retail or online is C9 or C9.5. Sorry I cant help you about how much it is worth though.

b) We are not allowed to buy/sell/trade anywhere on the board.

10. Sith_Sindicate187

Feb 7, 2004
    thanks jedimastergulf.

11. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    codemaker, the reason why they think they can sell that particular version of Dexter for so much is because it's the hardest early Saga figure to get with the background insert. $75.00 is insane though. I'd check eBay to get a better idea about what you could try to sell it for.

12. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    "MARA are we allowed to sell or trade on these threads?"

No, as of right now no selling or trading is allowed here in the collecting forum boards. If you are a member of your local Fan Force chapter there is a privite trading board you can get into, but as I'm not very familiar with the FF side of the boards that's something you'd have to talk to MJF about. :)

We have been trying to get a trading board set up for the Collecting forum that everyone could use, but since I have been totally unable to get in touch with one of the site owners to discuss it I honestly have no idea when, or even if, that will ever happen... :(

13. Darth-Bender

Darth-Bender Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    Hi everyone,

I was looking for some information. I have a black box VHS set for the SE films. It is in a black slip case w/ vader and it has LIMITED EDITION COLLECTORS SET on the front. The inside has all three ws films, making of tape, paper weight, film strip, posters, etc. I tried to find it on Ebay and some other sites but no luck. Is this rare or in demand at all? I am having to sell some stuff for bills and I am thinking of letting this go since it just sits in a cabinet and is getting no attention from me. It is in mint condition and the movies were only watched one time when I first got it.

Any info on rarity, value, etc would be most appreciated! THANK YOU in advance.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not sure if this is the one you have or not. 'Universe of Star Wars Collectables' lists a "Star Wars Video Trilogy Letterbox Collectors Edition, with documentary tape 'From Star Wars to Jedi', abridged book 'George Lucas: The Creative Impulse (Fox Video #0656, 1993) in holographic gift box" at $100 US. That is the only videotape set in the list in the book that comes close to being a collectors edition.

15. Darth-Bender

Darth-Bender Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2004
    Thanks for the info but this is the one that I have. I just scanned the back of the set.

[image=http://myweb.cableone.net/patches46/starwars.jpg]

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, I am of no help then as that one is not in my book. Looks like a nice set though!

17. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    oops, wrong thread ;)

18. codemaker

Nov 24, 2003
    I bought this display of a pod racer from Ep.1 that hangs from the ceiling and the box that it comes in indicates it came from Wal-mart. I bought it for $50 Did I get a good deal? What do ya'll think it's worth?

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Since I don't collect Episode I stuff, I am not familiar with this. Is it a model or a cardboard display? A quick look in my book didn't turn anything up. (Of course if it came out in 2002 it may not be in there as that is when the book was published).

20. codemaker

Nov 24, 2003
    It is a huge cardboard display that you have to put together. It comes with the stuff to hang it from a ceiling. I think it is a Ep.1 VHS/DVD display. The huge cardboard box it came in says Wal-mart on it.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, I checked the paper collectable and store display sections - nothing listed. It might have come out too late for the book. Maybe someone else can help on this one..

22. Rabid__Wolverine2004

Rabid__Wolverine2004 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2004
    2 months ago i whent to a 24 hour kmart and i found a throne room duel look but his glove is on his left hand and not on his right.

i know i saw a pic of this on tf.n so i was wondering if any one knows how much its worth in c9 condition.

23. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    I have a question for the avid collectors who know everything

I'm trying to recreate in my room, the scene on tattoine in jabbas palace I know pretty much all the characters but I dont know which sites to trust.Is cloud city collectibles reliable.

P.S. did I miss anyone?

Jabba the hut
    Luke Skywalker(1 gloved hand)
    Leia in bounty hunter outfit(or in chains)
    lando in bounty hunter outfit
    Jabbas 3 dancers(3 figure set)
    boba fet
    rancor
    rancor trainer
    han solo in carbonite
    chewbacca
    artoo detoo
    see threepio
    elephant man (jabbas head of security)

I know I'm forgetting some people.

Others names I cant remember

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Have never ordered from Cloud City, so I am not sure on them. You forgot Oola, the Twi'lek dancer that Jabba fed to the rancor. There is an Oola and Salacious Crumb figure set, but it was a Fan Club exclusive in 1998. You might have to look on eBay for it.
    Lando is in a Skiff Guard costume, not a bounty hunter costume.
    The rancor keeper's name is Malikili, and there is a figure of him available. One of my local stores has him in stock. I don't think this one sold very well on release so it may be fairly easy to find (and hopefully inexpensive).
    Dengar was also at Jabba's Palace, but I think he is either real hard to pick out in the film or that bit was cut.

25. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    the rancor trainer figure is called rancor trainer on the box. thnx

anyone else know if cloud city collectibles is reliable?